Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TM-VSR upgrade guide 56k=death

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old September 21st, 2008, 13:02   #31
Muffin

Not that I have noticed, but couldn't hurt to double check.
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2008, 17:53   #32
Muffin

Alright, well I've completely stripped down my VSR, Took the hopup unit apart, made sure everything meshed together nicely. The hop arm has some play, but VERY minimal.
I took it out for a test and its the same results, some shots are straight down the middle, others hook majorly to the right.

Last edited by Muffin; September 22nd, 2008 at 17:16..
Old September 22nd, 2008, 10:45   #33
WingZER0

Just to be a bastard, have you made sure your shots are fired in the same way every time? It might be your firing technique throwing it off slightly. Even a degree or two of cant will throw the shot off at longer range and that can caused by something as minor as your arm tensing slightly when you squeeze the trigger.
WingZER0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2008, 12:09   #34
bean
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to bean
Have you cleaned your hopup rubber? You should wash it in cold soapy water. Also what bb's are you using?
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2008, 17:16   #35
Muffin

I cleaned it hot soapy water, haven't heard of people using cold. I'm using .3 bastards.
I'm usually prone when testing my shots and my scope has a level, so I'm perfectly straight.
Old September 22nd, 2008, 17:33   #36
bean
Administrator

You use cold because it doesn't let oil get into the pores of the rubber. I cant think of anything else other then perhaps a bur or something in your barrel. I would have to give the rifle a once over and you don't live anywhere near here.
Old September 22nd, 2008, 17:54   #37
Muffin

I'll give that a shot. Any specific barrel cleaning procedures?
Old September 22nd, 2008, 21:06   #38
WingZER0

I usually just took the barrel off, disengaged the hop up, then used a fairly thick shoe lace tied that was tied to a kit string which in turn was tired to a small fishing weight. Makeshift bore snake.

Pull through dry a couple times and then visually inspect the bore of the barrel for any visible imperfections. Gets all the dust and dirt out with two goes usually and doesn't leave a single mark in the bore.
Old September 22nd, 2008, 21:11   #39
bean
Administrator

I use the cleaning rod and some 2x2 swabs. I usually have to trim them or they jam and wont go in. I put some silicone oil on the swab and push it down to the point where its almost at the hopup. I then slowly spin it as I pull it out slowly. After I do this I do dry pull throughs until they all come out clean.
Old September 22nd, 2008, 21:18   #40
WingZER0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean View Post
I use the cleaning rod and some 2x2 swabs. I usually have to trim them or they jam and wont go in. I put some silicone oil on the swab and push it down to the point where its almost at the hopup. I then slowly spin it as I pull it out slowly. After I do this I do dry pull throughs until they all come out clean.
You lube your bore? Couple others I knew swore by lubing the barrel.

Tried it once or twice with my vsr: I got better consistency with a dry swab. Probably was just my particular rifle though.
Old September 22nd, 2008, 21:36   #41
bean
Administrator

I lube but then remove almost all of it with dry swabs. Its just there to help clean out the barrel a bit more.
Old September 23rd, 2008, 00:59   #42
Auhydride

Send a message via ICQ to Auhydride Send a message via MSN to Auhydride
From what i know, no lube in barrel is supposed to give better accuracy, for example when you stop shooting and leave the rifle against a wall, or on the floor, the liquid will obey the gravity and group at one side. And the amount of lube reduces everytime you shoot, making the results more random. This is how it works for airguns at least, i just apply a really small amount of silicone oil to the swab and clean the barrel.
Auhydride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2008, 19:06   #43
Muffin

Alright, I've done what has been suggested. I took my inner out and off the hopup unit. Washed the rubber with cold soapy water and took about 6 squares of cloth and dry cleaned the barrel. Upon inspection of the inner I could see some dots here and there, along with some fuzzies, of which could be from the cloth I was using. It was quite difficult to spot any imperfections seeing as your trying to focus and different distances through tightbore.
Having done that I put everything back together and took it outside and could notice a nice difference, It was still hooking a bit to the right, however MUCH less then before.
I'd also read that this is a common problem for most VSR's and some suggested twisting the inner barrel slightly, I removed my silencer and gently grasping the bore with pliers noticed it could be twisted about 1/8 of an inch.
I twisted it left and then it curved slightly left, so I tested until the line was straight. Once doing that my shots were straight as can be.
So I am quite happy and I appreciate any help given, however it still does like to curve right sometimes, would cleaning with silicone help?
Old September 23rd, 2008, 21:40   #44
bean
Administrator

I would try my suggestion. I would also look into some barrel spacers to help keep your barrel at that optimum center shooting twist.
Old September 23rd, 2008, 22:48   #45
Skladfin

ever tried the PDI hop up unit?
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications