Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Do AEG Guntechs Have a Specific Place where they Solicit Business Here at ASC?

:

Newbie Tank

Old October 23rd, 2017, 12:18   #1
Kozure

Question Do AEG Guntechs Have a Specific Place where they Solicit Business Here at ASC?

I'm looking for a AEG guntech to swap out the stock VFC barrel on my VFC VR16 Saber Carbine (all stock parts, seven months old) and check compression and o-rings for a potential air seal issue, with the potential for a full cylinder and cylinder head swap on their recommendation.

Out of the box, the gun fired about 370-380fps, but it's slowly been dropping for some reason and currently seems to vary considerably between 280 and 360. The barrel replacement is just something I figured I can do while it was opened up - I'm more concerned about the seal and cylinder.

I've heard of the legendary Ziming Wan (I don't say that ironically - people I met in BC spoke of him with reverence) , but I feel like this is such a relatively simple procedure it's not worth his time (I'm sure he's very busy).

I know it's like a 30-45 minute job for a person who knows what he's doing, but I don't want to try it myself without attending some gun-tech seminars under my belt first.

I need it for a milsim on the 3rd of November. I started looking for a tech last month and I thought I had a good recommend, but it seems the person had some personal business to deal with and hasn't been able to reply.

If anyone knows of a reliable, reputable tech that can do a relatively simple parts swap and "tune-up" and get the AEG back to me before the 3rd, I'd pay good money.

I did a couple of searches here at ASC but came up with mostly DiY threads. Again, I eventually want to do this myself but for the time being I'm just looking for someone who already knows his stuff, instead of me mucking something up and then not having a working AEG for the milsim.

Sorry if my searching/Google-fu is weak here - I did look around in the forums but I don't rule out that I've stupidly overlooked something.

EDIT: Forgot to add that I have been cleaning the barrel and making sure no oil or lube came in contact with the BBs in the magazines or inside the hop-up chamber, so I don't think it's a dirty barrel causing the problem.

Last edited by Kozure; October 23rd, 2017 at 13:41..
Kozure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2017, 12:25   #2
RainyEyes

Have you taken a look here?

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=126690
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2017, 12:36   #3
Kozure

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
Ah, didn't think to search for "gun doctor" or look under news and announcements. In my mind, I don't use the term "doctor" for guntech.

A lot of those listings are over two years old, but I'll start with the more recent and work back.

Thanks for the pointer!
Old October 23rd, 2017, 13:20   #4
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
can try EOD Steve
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2017, 13:39   #5
Kozure

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
can try EOD Steve
Thank you - I'll PM him as well.
Old October 23rd, 2017, 13:56   #6
Okawesome

I've been talking with HKGhost recently about doing some work on my AEG. Like you, I had him quote on the compression system. Professional and knowledgeable and on the west end of Toronto which is good for me.

I'll send you a PM with a few more details.
Okawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2017, 13:58   #7
Datawraith

I've heard good feedback about Tom (hkghost) although I've never personally used his services as my buddy xevous does all the tech work on my guns. You could try either of them.
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2017, 14:56   #8
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datawraith View Post
I've heard good feedback about Tom (hkghost) although I've never personally used his services as my buddy xevous does all the tech work on my guns. You could try either of them.
He's done work for me a couple of years back. Solid dude!

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2017, 15:25   #9
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozure View Post
Ah, didn't think to search for "gun doctor" or look under news and announcements. In my mind, I don't use the term "doctor" for guntech.

A lot of those listings are over two years old, but I'll start with the more recent and work back.

Thanks for the pointer!
I hear you. It took me a good 5 minutes to find the posting as well... But what do I know I'm just a complainer :P
Old October 23rd, 2017, 15:48   #10
Freeze

Can confirm on HKGhost, he did my gun that Berm has now, but made it very consistent in FPS, like +/- 2 FPS.
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2017, 16:46   #11
solid1191

AirsoftStore Canada guy is pretty good. He did the r-hop on my krytac.
solid1191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2017, 21:10   #12
Kozure

Thanks for recommends! Apparently HKGhost is on vacation "until November" so I'll be going to Action Air Canada because they say they can look at it on Wednesday and potentially have it back within 4-5 days.
Old October 26th, 2017, 10:49   #13
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

not sure if steve is taking work anymore or not. Most guys are not doing this as a full time job so <1 week turnaround might be tight, especially since we're so close to the weekend now.
Old October 26th, 2017, 11:14   #14
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
not sure if steve is taking work anymore or not. Most guys are not doing this as a full time job so <1 week turnaround might be tight, especially since we're so close to the weekend now.
I wouldn't mind doing it as a side job myself actually. Only problem is that I heard some techs recommend insurance? Is there such a thing?
Old October 27th, 2017, 08:24   #15
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
I wouldn't mind doing it as a side job myself actually. Only problem is that I heard some techs recommend insurance? Is there such a thing?
No,

All is based on reputation and recommendations.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank