Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KJW KP-05 CO2 Malfunction

:

Doctor's Corner

Old November 28th, 2014, 09:37   #1
ardo

KJW KP-05 CO2 Malfunction

After swapping valves on two of my CO2 mags with replacements sent by KJW, I have a problem.

The replacement valves' seals are of a new design, according to KJW, resulting in much stronger blow-back action. When the slide hits back, it causes the mag to fall out, about 7 times out of 10.

I haven't had a chance to strip the frame yet to get to the trigger group & see if anything has been damaged, but I did notice that thumb safety is no longer working, the left-hand safety is just moving freely while the right-hand one is stuck in firing position.

My expertise with 1911s is limited to say the least, so any technical suggestions would be appreciated - and I do mean technical, please don't tell me that green gas is the way to go.

TIA.
ardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2014, 10:23   #2
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
And you didn't do anything other than change the magazine valve? Didn't mess with the gun at all?

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2014, 12:18   #3
ardo

Nothing at all. Changed the valve - mag started dropping. Don't know if the thumb safety stopped working before or after, I wasn't paying attention since I don't use the safety.
Old November 28th, 2014, 16:13   #4
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Changing the valve shouldn't have any effect on the mag release. You didn't have the mag release problem previously?
Also if you don't have much experience it would be good to take it to someone who does.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2014, 20:05   #5
ardo

I have had no problems with mag release until now.

I didn't have to strip an airsoft 1911 down to sear/disconnector level, but I did do it on a real steel 1911, and I hear that airsoft version is very close. I can take it apart & put together, just don't have any diagnostic skills.

Update: took it apart, and found no issues with sear/disconnector/hammer/etc. The safety plunger had made a slight dent in the thumb safety, that's why it wasn't working, so totally unrelated to the dropping mag issue.

The mag catch looks slightly worn at the spot where the mag is engaged, I will try to find a replacement locally, to save the shipping time. I still have my newest mag working, but the older two are dropping. If I press against the mag catch on the right side of the frame, mags stay put.

The new valves make the blow-back really hard, should I get a 150% recoil spring?

Last edited by ardo; November 29th, 2014 at 14:55..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner