Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WW2 size help.

:

WW1, WW2

Old March 20th, 2013, 22:44   #1
nichtessen

WW2 size help.

I've been saving some money and will be saving more money but this is a dream at the moment. I've been taknig notes and gathering what I need/want in terms of a kit. Going for the basic paratroop theme for the us 101. The trouble I'm have is I've been gathering sites that sell some items and replica uniforms. NONE I can find are for bigger guys. 6'3" 46-48 waist and brod shoulders. Can only find places that make up to a 42 or 44. Any one know of a company or site that offers bigger sizes. Wanting to try and get a kit together for late summer to play.
Old March 20th, 2013, 22:51   #2
Fuji

You could try here http://www.whatpriceglory.com/shopcontent.asp?type=home

Maybe some of the other guys will chime in
Fuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 22:57   #3
shiftsup

Email, the asian vendors on ebay such as military harbour aka mhmetalheart and maybe youchunhe that sell the M42 parachutist uniform about making larger sizes. What Price Glory aka onlinemilitaria.net sell M42 trousers up to a size 48 and M42 jackets up to size 52.

Edit, Leecas knows a specific ebay vendor that did a custom job M42. Might have been Memory1945....not 100% on the name. Lee'll chime in sooner or later.

Anyways, it's not my problem. Enjoy your overpriced shaving acessories.

Last edited by shiftsup; March 20th, 2013 at 23:06..
shiftsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 01:33   #4
ts10z

atthefront.com makes the 43 paratrooper uniform in bigger sizes.
http://www.atthefrontshop.com/Produc...tCode=USUM43PS

I prefer this uniform anyway. Its a little heavier(well a lot heavier) material so it stands up better. Everytime I wear my 42s I end up having to get something fixed, and I have never had to reapair my 43s. Historically the 101 as a unit changed over before Market Garden(as well as almost all other paratrooper regiments), and the few paratroopers that didnt changed over immediatly after. So realisticaly the 43 were worn for more of the war.
ts10z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 11:23   #5
nichtessen

I actually email mailed athefront last night to see if it was possible to do the whole package they sell in a bigger size. All in one go, don't mind paying abit more to get everything in one shot. They only go to a 46. I can fit a 46 but I would want a 48 just to have room in the long run.
Old March 21st, 2013, 12:05   #6
shiftsup

If you order from What Price Glory https://onlinemilitaria.net/shopexd.asp?id=2234&bc=no you can get their US OVERLORD BASIC PACKAGE which includes a tonne of stuff for around $462 US shipped to Canada. They carry the bigger sizes like 48 trousers and up to a 52 long jacket; both reinforced.

Here is what you get:

US OVERLORD AIRBORNE BASIC (Package)
Includes: (all repro)
M42 Jacket (Reinforced) (102015)
M42 trousers w/canvas reinforcements and leg ties (102029)
Web waist belt (100621)
Overseas Cap (100093)
Parachute Cap Badge (100753)
Cloth Arm Flag (100745)
Cartridge belt (100755)
M36 suspenders (100771)
Musette bag (100769)
Canteen w/cup (103582)
Canteen cover, Mounted (reinforced) (100724)
1st Aid pouch (100796)
M1938 Riding Gloves (102194)
Helmet Net (100290)
Scrim (100811)

All you'll require after is is a helmet, paratrooper boots and a period airsoft gun.

At the Front's package is very competitive too at $600 including boots and a helmet but they don't carry the larger sizes and the shipping will be around $100.

Last edited by shiftsup; March 21st, 2013 at 12:23..
Old March 21st, 2013, 15:52   #7
nichtessen

Thanks for the site shiftsup.
Old March 21st, 2013, 16:54   #8
leecas
The Rain Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftsup View Post
Email, the asian vendors on ebay such as military harbour aka mhmetalheart and maybe youchunhe that sell the M42 parachutist uniform about making larger sizes. What Price Glory aka onlinemilitaria.net sell M42 trousers up to a size 48 and M42 jackets up to size 52.

Edit, Leecas knows a specific ebay vendor that did a custom job M42. Might have been Memory1945....not 100% on the name. Lee'll chime in sooner or later.
You might be thinking of someone else... don't know an ebay vendor that will do that.

Shiftsup has made some good suggestions. I would also get suspenders for your pants... they help stop ripping your pants. I've owned the china made m42 for years and the have held up.

Yes the m43 is heavier. But if you wear an m43 on D-Day you will standout. If you wear a m42 for Bastogne you'll be fine.

Also sign up for our unit we are always looking for recruits
leecas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 17:13   #9
shiftsup

Lee, you mentioned something once at an event about where Josh / Souk got his M42s made.
Old March 21st, 2013, 21:57   #10
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
http://www.nwha.org/links.html
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2013, 00:02   #11
leecas
The Rain Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftsup View Post
Lee, you mentioned something once at an event about where Josh / Souk got his M42s made.
Yeah, he just contacted the vendor and asked them to make a bigger size. Can't recall which vendor.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 08:34   #12
yan101

ever try to have them done locally?
I am also 6'3'' , (52'' shoulder and 38 waist) and I often have to get custom made clothing. Very often if you find the right seamstress, it will cost you less then buying in shop (for formal ware for exemple).
It take a little longuer but it's a perfect fit
yan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2013, 13:22   #13
leecas
The Rain Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by yan101 View Post
ever try to have them done locally?
I am also 6'3'' , (52'' shoulder and 38 waist) and I often have to get custom made clothing. Very often if you find the right seamstress, it will cost you less then buying in shop (for formal ware for exemple).
It take a little longuer but it's a perfect fit
Can you get it done for around $100? A uni from China will cost you about $75-$80 plus another $25 for shipping. They have the correct material, buttons, and the patterns. Your seamstress maybe good but there is a very good chance you are going to end up with a farb uniform.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 15:04   #14
yan101

Quote:
Originally Posted by leecas View Post
Can you get it done for around $100? A uni from China will cost you about $75-$80 plus another $25 for shipping. They have the correct material, buttons, and the patterns. Your seamstress maybe good but there is a very good chance you are going to end up with a farb uniform.
Probably around 100$, since I would probably bring the correct fabric and button (so extra for hardware and material). For the pattern, since it is by definition custom maid, the pattern would be too. A good seamstress would respect the cut and make the perfect adjustement.

Would be more expensive but a perfect fit
yan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2013, 17:17   #15
ts10z

Perfect fit=fail for American stuff(other than officers). Uniforms then were very much "one size fits most" so it NOT being perfectly tailored looks better to me than something that is obviously custom to you. I had someone do up a set of Marine utilites for me and I deliberatly made them do it unfitted to look more authtentic. But that might just be me
ts10z is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > WW1, WW2