Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Need your opinions please. -- preferred camo

:

Gear Discussion

View Poll Results: What is your preference?
Analog woodland 7 23.33%
Analog urban 0 0%
Digital woodland 3 10.00%
Digital urban 2 6.67%
ATACS camo 8 26.67%
Metallic (gold/silver/bronze) 2 6.67%
Tiger stripe (if so, what color stripes) 8 26.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 16th, 2012, 16:56   #1
moose_lee

Need your opinions please. -- preferred camo

I'm in need of some general input. If you were going to buy a new rifle from a store and had the option to buy one either black or tan vs one of these camo options, which would you choose and why? Or if not one of these, what color/camo would you prefer over stock black?

Just for argument sake, this would be on either an ak, m4 or an L96/vsr rifle.
www.facebook.com/iskustoms

Last edited by moose_lee; May 16th, 2012 at 17:00..
moose_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 18:28   #2
Grizzly0679

I think given our north american geography tan and woodland would be the most ideal options. Tan for prairies, woodland for everything else.

I went with Tiger Stripe - traditional style - because everything about me is animal-like. My girlfriend nicknamed me "cheetah"; my favorite job was working with animals; I've studied five animal chinese boxing; I call myself Grizzly online; and I can sneak up on my dog without waking him.

Taking Tiger Camo was not only predictable, it was necessary.

I didn't, and still don't care what the best camo is for what. I just took what I liked and thought looked coolest. I also like American style military stuff so... Tiger Camo + M4 = me nerding out in front of the mirror while my girl tries to dry her hair.

Everyone plays this game for different reasons and takes home different experiences so it really depends what you want to get out of the game.

Are you looking for what works best? Or are you trying to mimic your favorite type of soldier?
Here we are again bro -just you and me. Same kind of moon same kind of jungle. Real number 10 remember? Whole platoon, 32 men chopped into meat... We walk out just you and me, nobody else. Right on top huh? Not a scratch... Not a fuckin' scratch... - Sgt.Mac, Predator
Grizzly0679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 22:14   #3
moose_lee

Neither. Im trying to get a good idea on what weapon camos are most popular among canadian airsofters
Old May 16th, 2012, 22:17   #4
Deus Ex

Personally, I enjoy the flecktarn variants but Woodland ATACs and Tigerstripe come a close second
Deus Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 23:15   #5
Six By Ten
2tall2brawl

My preference would be for an ordinary black rifle, painted with a colour palette to match your area. And then used and abused for 30 games or so. As cool as actual camo paintjobs may look, they just shout wallhanger to me. An airsoft gun is a tool, not a trophy.

And if its an AK there should be wood, and metal. Thats it.
Six By Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 00:14   #6
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Take your AR15 variant. Paint it Coyote brown a few layers, and in a few very light layers of tan, add very few layers of some green, FG, or OD

result. an awesome custom paint job

Gun pRon

Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 09:56   #7
Grizzly0679

^ amazing. Best of both worlds.

gotcha, Lee. Tiger stripe all the way. Woodland following closely behind.
Here we are again bro -just you and me. Same kind of moon same kind of jungle. Real number 10 remember? Whole platoon, 32 men chopped into meat... We walk out just you and me, nobody else. Right on top huh? Not a scratch... Not a fuckin' scratch... - Sgt.Mac, Predator
Grizzly0679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 10:02   #8
a_sock

I've always wanted to get my guns hydrographed or get a high quality paintjob, If you could do up my guns in atacs Id be very interested.

Tiger stripe with colors matching the environment always look nice to if blended, but I personally wouldn't paint my guns unless it was something special that really improves the look of the gun.
a_sock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 10:11   #9
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

high quality paint jobs are for wallhangers.
Any gun I've ever seen that came in hydrographed multicam, woodland, whatever or had a really crisp and clean paint job was REALLY easy to spot on the field.
Spray paint works best for paint, you WANT lines to blur, that's what makes it effective lol
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 10:45   #10
moose_lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_sock View Post
I've always wanted to get my guns hydrographed or get a high quality paintjob, If you could do up my guns in atacs Id be very interested.

Tiger stripe with colors matching the environment always look nice to if blended, but I personally wouldn't paint my guns unless it was something special that really improves the look of the gun.
Atacs is one of my favorite camo's to paint I have pics of an L96 I've done in the painted gun thread
Old May 17th, 2012, 11:15   #11
Jimski

the poll is missing OD and TAN, some guns with plastic bodies are OD or TAN, some guns are black with OD parts.
lots of m4 variants are TAN, it's a very popular color.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion