THe $2 Slither Strap - 56K Get LOST!

:

Gear Discussion

Old December 31st, 2005, 17:59   #1
Blackthorne
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackthorne
THe $2 Slither Strap - 56K Get LOST!

Some folks wanted me to post this up from another thread..

OK..here we go...the $2 slither strap

This is am M9 cannister holder. I find mine at Princess Auto for $1.68.

All we need are the straps from this holder, so with a sharp knife and a steady hand, start cutting the thread that holds the cannister holder onto the straps

One side is very easy to remove

Then you can open the holder right up to access the sewing that holds the other strap

Now you can get to the tougher thread removal. Rather than cuttting the threads next to the strap, it's easier to cut them all on the outside to free up the strap

Now you are left with the two sections hooked together and the carrier material, which you can discard

Disconnect the two sections

On each section, one end is permanently attached, so we'll need to free that up

When you have removed it, cut the end off and what you are left with is one strap with a permanent metal ring on one end, a buckle, and a metal hook clip

Take the free end of the strap and feed it into the buckle

Then feed it back out the other side

Now you have an adjustable strap with a ring on one end and a hook clip on the other

Cut off the excess, but make sure to leave enough extra, especially if you are tall

Repeat the above steps to the other section of strap. Now you should have two identical sections

Trim up the ends with a pair of siccors and grab you lighter to seal up the ends f the strapping to prevent fraying

One section will attach to your rig at the shoulder with the metal hook clip, the other must be attached to you stock. This can happen two ways...

If you just want to wrap it around the stock:

Push the strap through the metal ring on the end, and pull through to make a loop

You should have the following

You can pull the stock off and M4 and wrap it around the shaft

Or if you have an MP5 or such, you can make a larger loop and pull it over the stock. It will simple tighten up as it goes. It won't come off.

Again, if you are like me and use only this strap, you can run it in a more permanent fashion throught the attachment points provided on you particular weapon. Here it is on my M4

There you are. A strap for under $2 and not one bit of sewing.

Keep in mind there are probably any number of other articles that have straps and buckles that you can transform if it has the right setup. Use you imagination!

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion