Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tokyo Marui Night Warrior

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old October 1st, 2013, 16:59   #1
Reaver_RRTS

Tokyo Marui Night Warrior

Lookin' for a new pistol for future upgrading and would like to go TM, I found the Night Warrior at a canadian site that I'm highly interested in but would like to know how it handles prior to purchase. Any info would be great. Thanks!
Reaver_RRTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 17:07   #2
Kos-Mos

It's a 1911.

With a "tactical" rail kit and grips.

So it handles like a 1911...

*Note, I do have handled one. It really feels exactly like any standard 1911.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 17:11   #3
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

The Tokyo Marui Night Warrior is a solid platform.
Old October 1st, 2013, 17:19   #4
Reaver_RRTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
The Tokyo Marui Night Warrior is a solid platform.
Sweet... I know it's plastic, and I WOULD like to get a metal frame on there, but their so ridiculously expensive and TM guns are already high budget. The Night Warrior is almost another AEG in itself.
Old October 1st, 2013, 19:15   #5
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver_RRTS View Post
Sweet... I know it's plastic, and I WOULD like to get a metal frame on there, but their so ridiculously expensive and TM guns are already high budget. The Night Warrior is almost another AEG in itself.
Don't. Keep it plastic, it will perform much much better than with a metal kit. Gas efficiency alone makes it worth it to keep it plastic, you can shoot a mag and a half on a warm day. With a full metal kit, expect around 15 BBs at most unless you get Illusion to tweak it (and expect to pay good money for the service, but it's worth it).

If you want a full metal pistol that handles like a 1911, look into TM hi-capas instead. Much cheaper to upgrade because they already have a metal frame, and there's so much more upgrades options, it's crazy. You can really make a truly 100% unique pistol with a hi-capa platform. Beside, only the frames are prohibited to import, so with hi-capas you really only have to order a metal slide, a metal outer-barrel and stronger springs for the upgrade. It's way cheaper than trying to get your hands on a 1911 full metal kit.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 19:30   #6
Reaver_RRTS

Just got an email from the company and they only have two left... isn't this a limited run gun or something? For now I think I'll run my army R28 into the ground, later I'll try to pick up a TM 1911 and do a custom build on it. Thanks! I'll keep this gun in mind
Old October 1st, 2013, 20:17   #7
Kos-Mos

Well, you do know that you CANNOT import a pistol in Canada from overseas...

There are quite a few available when you are AV here and from Canadian retaillers I cannot name until you are AV.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2013, 08:33   #8
Reaver_RRTS

I already am in contact with a canadian retailer about it. I am fully aware of the laws regarding importation. Hence why I was looking in canada :P

Last edited by Reaver_RRTS; October 2nd, 2013 at 08:44..
Old October 2nd, 2013, 09:26   #9
SuperHog

Quote:
Plastic is fine. TM quality for sure.

Just upgrade the slide. I would leave the plastic frame as is. My glock has a plastic frame whereas the slide is aluminum.
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2013, 14:09   #10
Reaver_RRTS

Sorry meant meant the whole thing, slide and frame, not just the frame lol. I saw some really nice slides and stuff, I just wish I could find a TM 1911, even used, just to make my own. (and yes yes, get AV'd to view the classifieds) :P i know the drill. A plastic frame wouldn't be so bad, but I have a set of TSC CNC grips I really like the look of that I want to get. The slide however.... I'm still iffy on. They're so expensive! I know they can be upwards to $200 if not more, but heck the slide itself is the same price as the gun itself lol. But I know my Army R28 is probably not going to last very long, even being full metal and me trying to take care of it, but I do want a gun that will last me many years, and that I can customize to my personal tastes... TM seems to be what I want for a base, but... Money money money. lol
Old October 2nd, 2013, 15:52   #11
SuperHog

I personally would not buy a pistol and only to upgrade 90% of it.
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2013, 00:14   #12
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Just got an email from the company and they only have two left... isn't this a limited run gun or something? For now I think I'll run my army R28 into the ground, later I'll try to pick up a TM 1911 and do a custom build on it. Thanks! I'll keep this gun in mind
It's not a limited run item. It's a regular production model. Tokyo Marui is not known to run limited edition runs.

If I were you, and wanted full metal on a budget but also wanted full metal, I would get a used 1911, and swap the components in to your Army Kimber Warrior. The rail setup would be better than the Night Warrior's FrankenUgly rail.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2013, 09:44   #13
Reaver_RRTS

Truthfully I don't mind the look or function of the NW rail. It's unlikely I'll ever mount anything to it, but i like having the option available. Also from what I understand the Army R28 isn't fully, 100% TM compatible, so buying parts will be a little tricky not knowing exactly what will fit and what won't. I bought the R28 as a temporary, 'in the mean time' side arm, it was cheap, and already took TM mags, so thats one thing off my list, I won't have to go hunting for various magazines. Externally I like full metal, it feels better to me, but I have a looong list off things I want to do to customize my TM 1911 to suit my personal tastes...

New slide (metal), new trigger, new grips, new hammer, possibly new frame if I don't like the gray-ish color, or paint it, not sure. Not to mention the internals. It's a project gun for me.
Old October 3rd, 2013, 10:43   #14
redneck12

Your other option is get a KJW 1911, they are closer to TM spec so most TM spec'd parts are drop in. They take TM mags, or if you get the Les Baer edition you can run co2 and GG mags.
redneck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2013, 12:28   #15
Reaver_RRTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck12 View Post
Your other option is get a KJW 1911, they are closer to TM spec so most TM spec'd parts are drop in. They take TM mags, or if you get the Les Baer edition you can run co2 and GG mags.
I could but the price I pay for a KJW I could just buy the NW I'm looking at lol. The extra money paid for an actual TM product would be worth it wouldn't it?
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion