:

Airsoft Media

Old May 26th, 2012, 12:58   #31
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizkilter View Post
This thing looks great ") I can't wait to give it a spin.
Feel free to hop in now, we're keeping all the user accounts. I'd like to see me more user activity outside of Southern Ontario...
Old May 26th, 2012, 13:22   #32
PrIeSt
takagari

Send a message via MSN to PrIeSt Send a message via Skype™ to PrIeSt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
RSS is dead simple.

Have a look at an Event so you can see the datafields we are using and let me know what is useful to you in an RSS feed. Also we're looking longer term at supplying an API that would let you query the service for specific data, as thats really the way the web is going.

Have you played with the Share button yet on an event and tried embedding the JPG?
I have. It's interesting. definetly needs work to make it pop and look better.
But since I run an Airsoft site for all of MB it would be nice to be able to just pull data to an RSS feed for just this province.

I like the ops center idea, and am trying to push it for use on our site. but some members still like the simple (click post) for game announcements, such as a forum. Trying to find a happy middle point.
PrIeSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2012, 15:26   #33
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by takagari View Post
I have. It's interesting. definetly needs work to make it pop and look better.
But since I run an Airsoft site for all of MB it would be nice to be able to just pull data to an RSS feed for just this province.

I like the ops center idea, and am trying to push it for use on our site. but some members still like the simple (click post) for game announcements, such as a forum. Trying to find a happy middle point.
Once we've got the app features and layout stabilized, we'll let a qualified graphics designer loose on it. Right now we are focused on quick functionality and testing, but you're right, the JPEG as it is now is more function than art.

I'm so steeped in the thing right now, I don't know why a host or player would want to use a dboard for the part Ops-Center does. no more heavy lifting. But then again I was explaining the concept to a group of airsofters recently and it took them a bit to 'get-it'. I forget its utility is not always obvious.
Old May 31st, 2012, 17:53   #34
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Tomorrow is the official Live date.

We still have some features being built but the database has been cleaned up (send us feedback if you find anything out of order).

By mid-next week we'll have a host-player dispute resolution system as well.

Log on and give it whirl folks!
Old June 6th, 2012, 07:19   #35
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Debugging and cleaning up has continued this week. You should notice the site tidy up a little.

- For HOSTS, Minimum Player Age added and enforced when a Member tries to join who is under the designated age.
- Fixed field selection mechanism. Still not perfect, more changes to come.
- Joined Member tiling in an event cleaner
- If you don't enter an address you're assumed to be in Toronto. Code to autoplace by city by Member's IP being written
- AAR tab now in place for post game discussion for Members who attended that event only.
- Side calculation logic improved
- Waiting list logic improved
- Helpdesk/Feedback system integrated (Uservoice)for better feedback management
- Event editing debugged

Keep the feedback coming, and thanks for everyone's patience. We're making progress as we have full time programming resources focused on this with 8 hours a day coding plus additional project management - daily man-hours are probably 12 a day working on Ops-Center.
Old June 11th, 2012, 21:33   #36
Renegade)
A Total Bastard

Just a quick FYI as some have asked about using their ASC call sign as their name on OPS-Center instead of their full name, just go into your account settings, and edit your user name, whatever you put in there, is how your name will show!

Keeps things less confusing as we all know each other by call signs over full names for the most part!

Last edited by Renegade); June 11th, 2012 at 21:36..
Renegade) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2012, 19:04   #37
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Since the last update, whats new at OPS-Center:

- Site security wrapper improved to include IP blacklisting and XSS exploit blocking (damn script kiddies)
- Actively pursuing specific IPs who are attempting overt penetration behavior - yeah, we know who you are you mofo's
- Continued debugging and refinement based on user feedback and our testing
- Event and Field SEO optimization (optimized to Google Search better)
- Better initial IP user/geo-location management
- Editing an Event doesn't nuke the field selection anymore (sorry Brian)
- Better Field Selection options when establishing or modifying an Event
- Waiting List behavior refined based on host feedback - not perfect yet, more to come, soon to be completely automatic
- Minimum Age added to Event description and Join logic - control the age of those who Join automatically
- Comprehensive Warning/Banning System Version 1.0 implemented, designed to encourage dispute resolution
- Improved Side display logic manages screen real estate better
- Banner Ad (Vendor & Benefactor) system completed, instruction pages to be finished and posted by Monday
- Vendor and Benefactor Banner Ads are now live and working
- Ops-Center.co.uk now working (alias for .net - same app and DB)
- Early Events have run and gone into Archive successfully

Warning & Banning System Overview

We really struggled with this - not technologically, but rather trying to figure out the psychology of the problem and how to translate it to OPS-Center.

Based on our analysis and consultation with a number of Hosts, we've concluded that Warnings and Banning should be privately managed between the Host and the Player. We've based the design on something called "progressive discipline". A Host can issue a Warning - the warning is emailed to the Player and a notification appears in the player profile. Further, if the warned player tries to Join a Hosts's game who issued the warning, the Player will be reminded of the warning. A Host can also ban a player. Banning works almost the same as Warning, except the Player cannot Join a Hosts game who has banned them.

With Warning or Banning both the Host and the Player are encouraged to communicate privately through the message system to resolve their differences. With the progressive discipline model we hope that differences can be discussed and resolved so that Hosts and Players can both get their needs met. But we do understand there will be cases of irreconcilable differences, and bannings will help Hosts in preventing Players Joining their Events who they simply don't want there.

To be clear, Warnings and Bannings are between the Host and the Player. There is no mass banning feature and if Hosts want to mega-ban somebody, they`ll have to communicate with one another on that type of issue. Also, OPS-Center staff will reserve the right to mega-ban in very specific cases, cases where the public interest would be better served without that individual (ie: An Atreyu scenario for instance). It will be done reluctantly and carefully.

This isn`t the final word on how Warnings and Bannings work, but its the starting point. We hope we`ve struck a balance between Host and Player rights. As usual, feedback is welcome.

Features Roadmap

- Continue to refine the front page display
- New notification options, such as weekly email blasts of Events in your area, and Events and Fields your friends are playing at the next x weeks
- Invite Only Event Support
- Private Event Support
- Secret Players/Secret Sides
- "Chatterbox" dboard discussion autolinking - helps you find the dboards and threads game discussion is happening at
- Event "Jacket" - a printable Event summary for Hosts and Players
- Host Event-Fee collection system through OPS-Center
- Improved compatibility with mobile browsers
- Pre-Event discussion Wall/Pre-Event Bunker Walls

Last edited by Scarecrow; June 16th, 2012 at 19:20..
Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2012, 20:17   #38
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

Little confused here, how does one register? The live date has passed and I can't seem to figure out how to register on the site, if that option even exists?

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2012, 20:37   #39
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

http://www.ops-center.net/

The link at the top right that says "Sign Up"
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2012, 21:00   #40
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

Ah! I see my mistake now... I was on Ops-Centre.com. Apologizes, thanks for the link Kokanee!

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2012, 21:22   #41
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

np dude
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2012, 23:26   #42
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con3jo View Post
Little confused here, how does one register? The live date has passed and I can't seem to figure out how to register on the site, if that option even exists?

You point something important out there... I'll add a sign up option on that page too... if one person is mentioning that 10 people probably ran into it and didnt say anything... thanks for the feedback!
Old June 16th, 2012, 23:55   #43
whisper_kill

I would prefer to see the field conditions/features categorized rather than all lumped randomly together.
Old June 17th, 2012, 00:04   #44
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper_kill View Post
I would prefer to see the field conditions/features categorized rather than all lumped randomly together.
Noted.

Any other field properties you'd like to see?
Old June 17th, 2012, 08:47   #45
whisper_kill

Number of assholes per sq. meter? No, the list is good... I just found my eye jumping around trying to find all the terrain attributes...
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media