Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

FAQ for Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa, 2011, 1911, MEU & Detonics type variants

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old March 5th, 2014, 11:17   #1876
mighty_kit

I had the same problem. the reason was the half cock nub.
mighty_kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2014, 11:16   #1877
Wepeel

I have another question. About those Limcat slides with the blocky square rackers, how do you take them off? Looks to me they are held in place by the BBU, do I have to unscrew the sight mount every time I field strip it to clean and lube?
Wepeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2014, 12:36   #1878
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wepeel View Post
I have another question. About those Limcat slides with the blocky square rackers, how do you take them off? Looks to me they are held in place by the BBU, do I have to unscrew the sight mount every time I field strip it to clean and lube?
Correct, they're held in place by the blowback unit. A full disassembly is required to remove it.

Depending on what scope mount base you have, and how you have it mounted, you may or may not need to dismount the optics to take down the pistol.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2014, 01:37   #1879
e-luder

Is there any real difference between the 1911 Nova and Prime kits?
They come out of the same place but I was just curious if there was anything at all that distinguishes one from the other. Either by fitment or just by what each kit comes with...
Old March 26th, 2014, 03:26   #1880
Bobby Lemain

I hope this hasn't been asked already, but does anyone know if Hi-Capa slide stops will work on a WA Infinity?
Bobby Lemain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2014, 23:29   #1881
jjkfeng

I've looked and I can't seem to find this answer:

How do you convert a Hicapa Extreme to semi?
I know you need a regular BBU, because the extreme bbu is different. But what additional parts are needed?

Thanks guys!

Last edited by jjkfeng; April 2nd, 2014 at 23:56..
jjkfeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2014, 23:32   #1882
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkfeng View Post
I've looked and I can't seem to find this answer:

How do you convert a Hicapa Extreme to semi?
I know you need a regular BBU, because the extreme bbu is different. But what additional parts are needed?

Thanks guy!
The disconnector needs to be shorter I believe, I've heard of people cutting off the top of regular ones to achieve full auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lemain View Post
I hope this hasn't been asked already, but does anyone know if Hi-Capa slide stops will work on a WA Infinity?
I can't remember which is fatter TM or WA, but one of them is and might have problems fitting through the hole on the hopup chamber.
Old April 20th, 2014, 22:42   #1883
CheapChump

I'm having a problem with the hop up in the hi capa 5.1. Over time there has been a 'creep' of my bb flight towards a slight right hook at about 25 m (.25g). When I back off the hop up or use heavier bb's (.28g & .3g) the problem is less evident.

I've checked and cleaned the bucking (Nineball purp airseal bucking) and its not damaged, and i still have great FPS consistency (297-301), and the nozzle is in good shape too. I think that it may be the stock L shaped Hop arm/nub. Could possibly be a bit bent or slightly off due to extended use?

Do you know of any aftermarket ones, or ways to fix/reinforce the existing hop arm? Also, what is your opinion on flat hops for hi capa? thnking about replacing the hop arm made me want to make a custom hop arm from stainless or something.
CheapChump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2014, 04:33   #1884
mighty_kit

I bought a very good steel hop up arm from Illusion. I use only .28g bbs in my gun.
mighty_kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2014, 09:39   #1885
CheapChump

Awesome will PM him. Thanks for the heads up.
CheapChump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2014, 07:22   #1886
brassnautilus

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-luder View Post
Is there any real difference between the 1911 Nova and Prime kits?
They come out of the same place but I was just curious if there was anything at all that distinguishes one from the other. Either by fitment or just by what each kit comes with...
I think all Prime kits (under their own brand) are for WA?
They machine for others that sell them for TM base, but only single stack, (and the grips of course).
Hi-capa kits from companies that contracted Prime were not made by Prime. ie. Nova, AS. Just their single stack kits.

There are differences between say, Nova and AS single stack kits, both mfg by Prime. Nova uses 1911A1 frame protector (the piece behind BBH) in their springfield kits. While AS uses MEU type in their SFA. AS kits therefore come with that piece, in case you had gotten a 1911A1.

Nova single stack frames don't work with stock MEU mag release, I don't remember if AS does.

Sights aren't the same, but I was under the impression the AS one was also made to allow regular 1911A1/hi-capa BBH.

They both use the same frame screw for sure. And the extra thick plunger casing and inners.
brassnautilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2014, 07:25   #1887
brassnautilus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lemain View Post
The TM hole is smaller, and their slidestock has a bigger sloped area in the back to push the plunger rod in further, thereby allow the stop to go in.
WA has a larger hole, so it should allow those meant for TM.

To fit a WA slidestop onto TM usually required chopping off a corner of the chunk behind the horizontal cylinder shaped section.
brassnautilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2014, 21:23   #1888
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by brassnautilus View Post
I think all Prime kits (under their own brand) are for WA?
They machine for others that sell them for TM base, but only single stack, (and the grips of course).
Hi-capa kits from companies that contracted Prime were not made by Prime. ie. Nova, AS. Just their single stack kits.

There are differences between say, Nova and AS single stack kits, both mfg by Prime. Nova uses 1911A1 frame protector (the piece behind BBH) in their springfield kits. While AS uses MEU type in their SFA. AS kits therefore come with that piece, in case you had gotten a 1911A1.

Nova single stack frames don't work with stock MEU mag release, I don't remember if AS does.

Sights aren't the same, but I was under the impression the AS one was also made to allow regular 1911A1/hi-capa BBH.

They both use the same frame screw for sure. And the extra thick plunger casing and inners.

Hmmm.

So strictly speaking, if I buy one of the Warrior series and drop its internals into a NOVA 1911 (such as the Vickers one), I'd need to replace the sights? Or is that only for the AS kits????

Also let's talk barrel bushings and spring plugs for a minute here.

Which two are compatible with each other if I want to run a straight barrel and a full length recoil rod?

This is of course for a NOVA slide.
I know the Shooter's Design ones are pretty particular with each pairing so I wanted to get a clear answer as to what can go with what.

Also, I've the AS Non tilting outerbarrel...
Is that compatible with the 1911/MEU stuff?
Old May 22nd, 2014, 21:43   #1889
apilar

most of the time the nova kits come with sights, barrel, slide and frame - and include the little bits, like screws etc.

I have fitted meu sights, guns modify(tricky front sight), and the 'nova' (ones that came with it, to two nova slides.

fitting a night? warrior onto a nova kit should be simple. The mag catch wont work, but you can mod it to work, or just buy the 'hex' version of the mag catch off an over seas site.

You should be fine running bull barrels, or straight barrels in any nova gun. Shooters design barrel bushins are for shooters design slides and will not work in a nova/tm gun. (they might be able to be modified buuut not sure)

I run a bull barrel in my nova V12, with a plug and full length guide rod. It is a two piece nova guide rod so install is easy. Obviously, the plug doesn't need the extra 'lip' part on the end because you wont be using a barrel bushing with a bull barrel.

In opposition I have another nova springfield LDC version that I run with straight barrel and short guide rod, but could easily switch to a long guide rod by switching the plug to a straight through version that has the 'lip' to hold the bushing.

I can't comment on AS because Ive never encountered one before.
apilar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2014, 15:28   #1890
famidrive

Did anyone have any experience with SAph(Shooters Association)?
I have been seeing their Hi-Capa products/builds on youtube and so forth
and they look nice! However...how is the build quality?

Prices are about 10-20$ off the prices for Airsoft Masterpiece stuff.
famidrive is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications