Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Maddbull body and VFC complete gearbox not compatible?

:

Doctor's Corner

Old May 2nd, 2013, 10:11   #1
L473ncy

Maddbull body and VFC complete gearbox not compatible?

So I have a Madbull metal body and a VFC complete gearbox, I'm told that they're not compatible. Is this true and to what extent? How much modification will I need to do? The local gundoc doesn't really want to touch it and I don't really want to talk to TC (the only other person I'd trust if there's a significant amount of machining/modification required) as I understand he's a pretty busy man.

I'm not looking for bolt lock/release functionality that the VFC gearbox allows for so I've removed that part (as that assembly obviously does not fit in the Madbull body) but apparently the entire gearbox and body doesn't fit together...

I know what I was told but I'm looking for a second opinion. Don't think I'm fishing for someone to agree with me I just want to get this project done.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 12:42   #2
MaciekA

I can't confirm 100%, but I strongly suspect that this has to do with the ambidextrous mode selector functionality more than anything else.

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 16:05   #3
L473ncy

That might be the next part I look at.... I didn't think that it would matter but I might look at seeing how much difference there is there and seeing how much if any machining/modification I could do.

BTW Maciek, do you know any gearboxes that will drop into a Madbull? I suspect that most other companies like Modify, G&P, Guarder, and the like should do the trick because they're all pretty standard.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 16:10   #4
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

I've done the following:
1) Modify into Systema body; Lonex into Systema body - thereby making Lonex and Modify equivalent, although the Modify is noticeably thicker on the top of the mechbox
2) Modify into Madbull body - thereby making Lonex insertable into Madbull body
3) Lonex into VFC body - thereby making VFC compatible with Madbull bodies.

Of course this is all theoretical, but because I'm so nice, I'll try this for you tonight.

What selector plate are you using?

Last edited by Stealth; May 2nd, 2013 at 16:13..
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 16:44   #5
L473ncy

I'm using the stock VFC selector plate. I got the VFC complete because it was what was available to me locally. This is the model number from the gb-tech website; VF9-GBX-V2AR-01

Which is the Rear wired V2 gearbox. The Madbull body in question is the Stag Arms "CA style" with the "2 pin style" upper. I'm using a Madbull JP Rifles Upper so I'm pretty keen on going through with this, I also want to use the VFC complete gearbox because I just want to drop it in and go so to speak.

I know not to mix different brand parts so I'm trying to keep it all to 2 or 3 companies, everything is VFC or Madbull (Except the Guarder Inner barrel, Guarder black bucking, and a Guarder Inf Torque I had lying around).

Thanks for checking for me Stealth I'm just trying to figure out what I need to do to finish this project.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 18:20   #6
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

Your local gundoc sucks. Stop going to him and tell your friends the same. LOL!!

It's the same CA style 2-pin upper/lower interface (which IMO actually blows)

Didn't bother trying a VFC selector plate but I'm sure you can figure that out.

Last edited by Stealth; May 2nd, 2013 at 18:23..
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 18:46   #7
L473ncy

If that's the case it looks like I'll be able to complete it myself. I just had to leave the city and left it in their capable hands. I guess pics of my "secret project" will be up when I get some time to myself and tools to use so probably next September/October.

For anyone wondering I'll reveal what I've got for the front end; V-Match handguard, JP Upper, and an 18" outer barrel. Definitely very unique looking.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner