Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Puxing 888 Software issue

:

Gear Discussion

Old March 12th, 2013, 22:45   #1
Verex

Puxing 888 Software issue

Hello,
Does anyone know if the Puxing 888 needs to be prompted in order for the software to start loading the data into the radio?

I have verified that the radio is plugged into the right port and it is powered up but I keep getting this error message; "Communications error, Please check all of the connections and the radio power".
Verex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 10:33   #2
EagleDriver

Make sure that you turn the radio on first. Then start the software and ALWAYS choose the COM port - even if you did it the last time you used the software. Then, plug the cable into the radio. The radio MUST be on before you plug it in. The radio will respond automatically to the request over the programming cable.
EagleDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 13:39   #3
Covax

After a day of trying I never got the programming to work right via USB. Ended up just manually programming the two I had.

May try again, if I could personalize some of the channel names (e.g. for larger games).
Old March 14th, 2013, 14:13   #4
Drake
E-01

If using the USB cable, you need to install a Virtual COM port driver; the software (at least the 777's) doesn't support direct USB.

Also make sure the connector is plugged into the radio correctly. Mine is a bit finicky (bad fit?) and I usually have to hold it pressed in [radio end] during read/writes to make sure it works okay, otherwise it disconnects during transfer half the time (or sometimes won't transfer at all). This is using the cheap ebay connector.
Old March 14th, 2013, 14:47   #5
DustMagnet

It could also be a crap cable. I had a USB programming cable that I could not make work. I tried it with all sorts of ports, driver versions, operating systems and finally grabbed a old-school DB9 serial cable plugged into my own USB<->serial adapter and it everything just worked.

Also, some USB programming cables are built with counterfeit Prolific brand USB chips, and newer Prolific (including from Windows Update) drivers won't work with them (they recognize and block them).

The seller I got my USB cable from later said it "only works with Windows XP"...
DustMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 18:16   #6
Verex

Thanks guy's, I will try these options out later on tonight...really appreciate the responses.
Old March 14th, 2013, 18:50   #7
horto

As an FYI, the radio can be very easily programmed manually...
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showpos...4&postcount=42
Old March 20th, 2013, 16:50   #8
Verex

So I tried all of the options in order to get my software to work but had no such luck so I decided to program the unit manually and I managed to get it to work so far.

I just have one question that I have ran into while testing to make sure it is working correctly, when I call my Motorola bubble type radio for example set to channel 1 and I change the Puxing to channel 2 or 3, I can still call into my bubble radio but the sound is not clear...not sure if this makes any sense to anyone. I want to know if this is normal since the Puxing is a much more powerful radio or is there a step that I missed that will prevent interference with other channels?
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion