Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Green or tan?

:

General

Old June 25th, 2012, 11:10   #1
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Green or tan?

I've finally seen an abundance of A-Tacs FG in person, rather than just online pics. My question is, is it considered green or tan? It shares a very similar color scheme to multicam, which is considered tan. Many have argued over the years that multicam should be considered green, but it was placed in tan due to it's base, not the over lying pattern. After careful inspection, A-Tacs FG appears the same way. It has an off tan/yellow base, with light green haze, and deep green blotches. So realistically it could be considered one or the other. It was designed as a woodland pattern, hence the name "FG/Foliage Green". I will tell you, that 99% of pictures do not do this camo justice, it "must" be seen in person to be appreciated.

I'd love to hear from some big, relevant game hosts, on where you place this camo. As well as some "full" teams that may run this camo, on how well it works. Is it versatile like multicam, or woodland/jungle only? Be honest please. In my opinion A-Tacs AU fell flat on it's face, unless you were hiding in a pile if concrete. But it seems this coloration may have brought this pattern to life.

Thanks
Old June 25th, 2012, 11:19   #2
m102404
Tys

my buddy was wearing ATACS pants on the weekend...it's a tough call.

Looking at the guys pre-game brief...I'd have pegged MC as TAN (although you're right and some of it looks pretty green). I think it really depends on the cloth and manufacturer's run of material.

The ATACS...I would have put it "green"...but really more because it was muted/darker than "tan" in comparison. The "background" seemed to be grey...and the "foreground" was greeny/?black?/?brown?...or vice versa.

If I were to look at it on it's own...it'd be on the "green" side.

We didn't split tan/green at this game...it was an ID Friend/Foe type game, so it didn't matter what you were wearing.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 11:25   #3
Strelok

Since multicam and these other new crazy camouflages, we've been going by 'darks vs lights' since the whole green/tan thing is really getting muted out, haha.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 11:27   #4
ManateeMatt

We general put FG on the Tan side of things, mostly because if they went green, Tan would be over run
ManateeMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 11:32   #5
Spike
Privateer Airsoft

Actually, we put FG on whatever side needs more players at the game
Old June 25th, 2012, 11:53   #6
ManateeMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Actually, we put FG on whatever side needs more players at the game
Normally the tan side.
ManateeMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 11:59   #7
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Um, A-TACs Arid.. is tan ... A-TACs FG is green

stand em side by side.. it's pretty clear
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 12:54   #8
Ricochet

I hear ya Brian, but at most events teams are separated by green versus tan. FG is more green than AU, but it still has strong tan elements.

General camo spread:

Green team:
- Woodland
- DPM
- Marpat
- Cadpat
- Tigerstripe
- Flecktarn

Tan team:
- Multicam
- Aridpat
- A-Tacs AU
- Tri-color
- Chocolate chip

I'd personally put A-Tacs FG on green, but my opinion doesn't matter here. It's whatever the accepted standard is. Multicam and UCP both caused this type of debate before as well. What's important here is what the Airsoft community decides.

-
Old June 25th, 2012, 12:57   #9
SINN

Send a message via MSN to SINN
there is no standard. it is on whatever side the host says it is on.
Old June 25th, 2012, 13:22   #10
Ricochet

Usually larger events in the west do share a standard. What they do, is post up Alpha/blue patterns (tan), and bravo/red patterns (green). And then during registration, they will close one side if the numbers become unbalanced. Basically forcing people to either; wait until Bravo catches up to Alpha in registration, "or" wear a different pattern. Some camo like black or night stalker for example, will be used to balance teams later. But it is 9/10 times most patterns can't switch.

So if your team wears woodland predominantly, and green team is full or has more registered than tan, you have to switch camo patterns to tan if your team would like to attend the event. Or hope there is a large influx of tan in the registration.

Most serious milsims are even going specific patterns only. Such as multicam (and variations), against woodland (and variations). If you don't own one of those patterns; you don't attend. This is why I am asking about it being accepted as green or tan in this system.
Old June 25th, 2012, 13:27   #11
SINN

no shit serious milsims have specific camo requirements such as MC only on one side...so then it doesnt matter if that game even allows atacs..

the pattern falls in the middle but like B says, they offer one of each so it really isn't a problem. You can talk this subject to death so it really depends on the game itself.
Old June 25th, 2012, 14:57   #12
Ricochet

I understand what your saying, but your not quite getting me. Anyone can design a game that is whatever they wish it to be. Woodland on woodland if you want. However, there is a generally accepted list at all the games we have out this way. Camogames, JOC, EAR, etc; all seem to share a standard list. Because my team wears multicam, we are "always" on tan. Which is fine, but we would like the ability to fill numbers on the other side if needs be. So we need a "green" camo pattern. We could get the obvious woodland, but I'd like something as versatile as multicam.

That's why I'm asking about A-Tacs FG. If I attend a game that changes these rules "which hasn't happened yet", I'll accommodate. And by game I mean a large milsim (60 -300 plus people), not a weekend gathering; where your numbers are low enough that you need to switch camo around to accommodate the game.

So, anyone that knows of what I speak have some input? Anyone from the Black Devils, Wolfpack, Dawgs, Team 7, Death's Hand, Bootnecks, etc that have played this tan/green system know where this camo would be dominantly placed?

Thanks
Old June 25th, 2012, 15:11   #13
SINN

i get what you are saying. I think Brian gave you your answer. If a camo is borderline colour wise, then you are going to run into issues either way you look at it. I hate games based on green vs tan. If it is milsim, it shouldn't be divided that way anyway.
Old June 25th, 2012, 15:41   #14
Danke

Green in Alberta will probably be brown in Ontario.

How about this for green? http://soldiersystems.net/2012/06/06...tt-camouflage/ it should pass for green anywhere.
Old June 25th, 2012, 16:03   #15
Ricochet

I've been to an event that had somewhere in the three hundred attendees mark. If there was no camo seperation, people would be shooting team mates as you aren't going to recognize a hundred or more team mates. Camo separation is the easiest way to accomplish this.

Personally, I'd like to see only a handful of "allowed" camo patterns at events. I think that will be the future of the sport. But for now, we need a camo pattern that opposites multicam. Even though multicam causes debate, I've never attended a game where it was not considered tan. So it does matter. If I say attend Claybank, Battlefield, Fiery Spoon, Risky Sun, Etc; itll be predetermined tan or green. And more than likely it'll be considered the same at all of the above, even though they are put on by different groups/teams.

It enevitably will be decided by the major game organizers, and serious well known teams. Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba have large groups connected together. We tend to all share some general ideals, and talk often whilst attending each others events. And the tan/green system is alive and well here. Where a small milsim usually has between sixty and one hundred players in attendance, it's "easiest" to separate by pattern. And I estimate that system will continue for some time.

My team runs multicam. Some of us think it's tan, others green. That's not important. What is important is that it "is" considered tan at 99% of the events we go to. Therefore we know which team we will be on. We are in the market for a "predominantly considered green camo", and A-Tacs FG caught my eye. However I haven't seen enough of it used yet to see where it's going to be placed. But it "will" be sided with one or the other. So does any game organizers or Airsoft conglomerates know or have a thought as to where it'll end up? We all know it has tan and green, and placement could be argued. But the powers that be will tilt it one way.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General