Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Taco Vs Faco

:

Reviews

Old April 9th, 2013, 23:20   #1
ManateeMatt

Taco Vs Faco

Legit Highspeed gear Taco vs Big Dragon Taco (from Airsoft Depot)

This is my first Airsoft Canada review.

Like most people I'm sure I wonder what is good enough for Airsoft. As much as i would love to load my vest out with Real tacos, it can get expensive quick.

SIDE

The legit one is the Multicam/tan one. The faco is made with bent kydex compared to injection molded plastic. Faco is way more flimsy

Shock Cord

The shock cord is wayyy stronger and thicker on the legit taco.

Front

The front, not much to say about it. the Faco is not as ridged as the legit one.

Back

The molle on the back is way looser on the Faco. I dont know if the Malice clip is real or not, but it looks and feels exactly the same as the one on the real taco

Mag retention

With both mags in, they both holds well, when only one is in the faco it looser but still holds ok enought for airsoft, I wouldn't want to put full RS mags or heavy Gas mags in the Faco.

I suspect you could over come some of the weakness could be overcome by replacing the shock cord thicker stuff.

Conclusion:

I feel like its good enough for AEG mags as they are not nearly has heavy as Gas and RS mags. I suspect the shock cord will wear out with in a few seasons depending on hard you play.
G&P LMT
VFC 416
VFC XCR
KWA MP7
KWA "Totally Not a Glock" ATP
TM Glock 17
TM FN Five-seveN
KJW P226
ManateeMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 00:07   #2
BennyBoy

I tried those Facos from Huang too, didn't have much issue with the malice clips or holding M4 mags. I even used them to hold a USP mag, which held in good. =D
The problem came when I used them for my G36 GBB mags, they were not safe there at all!
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 07:52   #3
MaciekA

I've been very pleased with the legit HSGI TACOs, and they are holding up to abuse well. So many airsoft guys spend their money on legit realsteel equipment to get an edge in durability, and TACOs are one of those things where it is worth it.

I sometimes think the average busy airsofter is actually going to draw mags out of them more often than the average realsteel operator. How many non-soldier, non-LE (hell, even LE) realsteel users do you think actually crawl on their TACOs every week? I have, through the mud, sand, ice, rocks and snow, and they've held up beautifully. I've also shoved a rather huge variety of mags and other equipment into them (including a Glock 26) and they handle each new challenge like a champ. My 3 x 2 setup can hold 6 of any large mag, and 12 of any slim mag, and any combination in between.

I'm surprised to hear that the fake malice clip is even remotely close to the HSGI one, since this is one of the toughest and most durable parts of the pouch. It's one thing to put your pouches on your rig once, it's a whole other thing to see the Malice Clip survive the pouches being taken off and put on your rig over and over as you clean it and change configurations.

They are expensive as hell though, no doubt about it. HSGI tightly controls the price of these things and so you never find any deals. There's probably no good reason for them to stay this expensive except for patents and the country-of-origin preferences of its market. That said, I'm not regretting my purchase, and I don't expect to have any trouble selling them if I ever want to move to a new system. I'm not saying that all Faco users will suffer from buy cheap, buy twice, but if they buy TACOs once, they won't regret it.

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 09:00   #4
ManateeMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaciekA View Post
I sometimes think the average busy airsofter is actually going to draw mags out of them more often than the average realsteel operator. How many non-soldier, non-LE (hell, even LE) realsteel users do you think actually crawl on their TACOs every week? I have, through the mud, sand, ice, rocks and snow, and they've held up beautifully. I've also shoved a rather huge variety of mags and other equipment into them (including a Glock 26) and they handle each new challenge like a champ. My 3 x 2 setup can hold 6 of any large mag, and 12 of any slim mag, and any combination in between.
I think Milsim airsofters can be harder on equipment then most non military realsteel users (and I might be putting my foot in mouth here, but some military users).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaciekA View Post
I'm surprised to hear that the fake malice clip is even remotely close to the HSGI one, since this is one of the toughest and most durable parts of the pouch. It's one thing to put your pouches on your rig once, it's a whole other thing to see the Malice Clip survive the pouches being taken off and put on your rig over and over as you clean it and change configurations.
Yah I don't know how they will survive, they feel the same, and they look similar. we will see how they survive being attacked by screw drivers and whatnot when you install the taco.
G&P LMT
VFC 416
VFC XCR
KWA MP7
KWA "Totally Not a Glock" ATP
TM Glock 17
TM FN Five-seveN
KJW P226
ManateeMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 09:31   #5
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

I myself avidly use real steel; not just for build quality, but for tolerances, and effectiveness. There are some solid replica/airsoft companies out there, but only standard styles of gear are worth buying. Anything more complex, or items that contain a higher grade of engineering, you don't want to have a cheaper version of. Today, many real steel companies sell for less than some of the Chinese clones, or for not a lot more; making it worth it to spend the extra cash on the real steel items. Realistically if your on a tight budget, taco mag pouches probably are not the way to go. The real taco pouches are excellent, and well worth the money if you have it.
Old April 11th, 2013, 21:50   #6
BennyBoy

I'm starting to replace everything with high quality myself. More money but I can spend more time gunning than repairing gear that failed.
Ordered a few tasmanian tiger pouches to try and they definately good quality. Their g36 mag pouches work well though my vfc mags do catch if the mags are facing down.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 19:44   #7
yaric

I removed middle divider from dual mag Faco and using it as a Tornado grenade porch. Grenade fits there very well.
yaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 19:50   #8
coach
aka coachster

I looked at those Faco's last Saturday and almost grabbed a couple single rifle pouches, walked around a bit, looked at them a couple more times before buying some fast mag single rifle pouches for my first line and CAPS (IDPA) load out.

The Faco's are way too flimsy compared to the real tacos I have. I'm sure the retention would hold a mag fine but they just would look right witj the real ones I have on my rig.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2013, 01:24   #9
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

I just seen a completely different brand, with the same idea; supposedly cheaper as well. I can't remember the brand, but they are real steel, Eagle or Blackhawk or something. They didn't use woven shock cord, but rather a retention divider. My only complaint was that they were tighter than hell.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 16:42   #10
K3vX

Can I highjack this thread two seconds??

I just bought a set of HSGI (real) Double Taco mag pouches and a SureGrip belt, and after two hours, I've not been able to put a single pouch on the belt...

Anyone can help me?

(Also, seems like the shock cord is getting in the way of the Malice Clip)
K3vX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 16:53   #11
coach
aka coachster

Check some of the YouTube install videos. They are a pain to mount but after you do it a few times and your hands heal from going raw, you'll be a champ. Or you'll learn to just leave them be.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 17:02   #12
mcguyver

You need a butter knife and needle-nose pliers for tacos. The newer versions with the webbing that matches the pouch colour are worse than the the first version ones.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 17:03   #13
Azathoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3vX View Post
Can I highjack this thread two seconds??

I just bought a set of HSGI (real) Double Taco mag pouches and a SureGrip belt, and after two hours, I've not been able to put a single pouch on the belt...

Anyone can help me?

(Also, seems like the shock cord is getting in the way of the Malice Clip)
I don't use malice clips. I use the Dropzone Snake strap instead, but the video tutorial on the webpage works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms37JsAWZtc
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 17:09   #14
bug519

+1 on the butter knife and pliers. Use the knife to spread the loops and guide the malice clip through. Don't be afraid to bend and stretch the shit outta these things, they're virtually indestructable.
bug519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 17:14   #15
m102404
Tys

LOL....I got a bunch of them...then was griping to Maddog about how I had a big blister form on my hands from wrestling with the pliers to get them all on....he laughed and said that he had blisters too from them.

1. They're crazy stiff fresh out of the box
2. Loosen the shock cord as much as possible
3. Use needle nose pliers to "ream"/open up each of the molle loops and to grab pull the ends of the malice clips
4. to get the end in at the end...get a corner in first, the rest will follow
5. Use a flat head to poke the malice clip through

or...

1. Buy used...once they're mounted and stretched out a bit they go on/off 1000x easier
2. layer up some malice clips and stuff/jam them through the molle slots and let it sit for a couple of days....when you go to put them on the molle webbing will be stretched out and it'll go easier.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews