https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft In Japan

:

General

Old June 2nd, 2013, 12:34   #16

Aqua, are all those venues airsoft only? I don't see any nasty paint goo. That's bad ass to have places like that just for airsoft. TM Spas 12 with a stock is also bad ass, not too many of them around. I remember someone mentioning you owning one in another thread few days ago Did FPS/metal parts laws changed over the years or you guys still play with stock guns?

Also, hi Gabe
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2013, 09:14   #17
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
Yep, these are airsoft ONLY venues. Going to play paintball is incredibly difficult since there are very few fields and I can only think of one place I've EVER seen sell paintball gear. That said, we had two paintballers (speedball players) play airsoft with us this last weekend. I damn near got lippy to one of them since it SEEMED like "bounces dont count" with those two.... grrr...

Guns CAN have metal bodies now but the fps limits remain the same - max at 93 meters/sec using .2's.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 11:27   #18
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

sadly when I was there I didn't have enough time to visit echigoya in shinjuku or akihabara, even though I was probably less than a block away from the shinjuku store, I didn't know it was there until I returned to the hotel and didn't have time to go back.

Gear is super expensive there, I did find some surplus and costuming stores, they wanted something like 4200y for a basic condor belt, which you can get here for about 20 bucks. 4200y for those not keeping track is about 45$. I didn't trip over any airsoft specific stores either, but in terms of what you can get, it's probably all TM.

Taxes and levies on anything non domestic made are apparently quite high which are reflected in the price.

Hard to do everything you want and see all you want to see in just 2 weeks.. especially my 4 city schedule... all the more reason to go back.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 14:39   #19
Dire_Wolf

Echigoya was certainly a sight for sore eyes, though that might have had something to do with it being raining and late at night. I'd agree gear is pretty damn expensive, but I'd argue most of it is imported, so you have levies and tariffs to deal with.

Accessories like holsters were more reasonable, I got a Level 2 Blackhawk holster for 4800 yen ($50), and the equivalent in Calgary is at least $100 if you want the real deal.

If you get the time, First-JP in the outskirts of Osaka is a good place to spend a few hours. They have a surplus shop, a separate Oakley shop, a main shop with guns, gear, accessories, and around the corner is a Kill-House that allows walk-ons with no gear. Something like 1000 yen for three games, 1500 for five, 2500 for ten (at least, that's what I've been able to glean from their signs and site).

First-JP was a good place for TM parts and guns, quite affordable. Had a big consignment wall too

Next time in Osaka or Kyoto I'll have to make sure I have time to go there for a skirmish or three

Future Gear: TM PSG1, M700, ARES DSR-1 v2
Dire_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2013, 14:46   #20
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I knew there was more than one reason I liked osaka more than tokyo.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 18:45   #21
Crossfire034

I suppose they're aren't any fields near Gotemba/Fujiyoshida, I'd hate to take a long-distance train in order to shoot some bb's at people. Then again, I don't think I'm fluent enough in nihongo to play airsoft in Japan anyways...
Crossfire034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2013, 23:46   #22
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
You don't need to speak Japanese to play airsoft in Japan. That's like saying you need to now the optical dynamic variables of an infrared signal before you're allowed to play laser-tag
Old June 4th, 2013, 02:14   #23
sdkfz

Back in New Zealand one of the guys always brought his 9 year old son to games (and to monthly competitions) used to give him a pistol with a 200rd mag connected to a canister on his back. Best thing, the only issue anyone ever had was his tactical advantage of being so short and he was more mature than a lot of the "adults"
sdkfz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2013, 11:58   #24
Kit
Ride Sleds!

Send a message via MSN to Kit Send a message via Skype™ to Kit
Great pictures Chris. Would certainly be a great place to play.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General