Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

NEW ICS AK's Almost Here

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old January 17th, 2006, 01:31   #1
DEA

NEW ICS AK's Almost Here

Just to give you all an update, the new ICS AK's are almost here now. I just had confirmation from ICS earlier tonight that the first batch will be leaving ICS factory around Jan. 25th. So it should not take long at all to filter out from there.

Also confirmed that each AEG will come with 2 Magazines, bottle of BB's (1000 rds), side mount basis, cataloge, AK manual, and cleaning rod.

I know ICS has put alot of time and care into this release, so hopefully, it will not disapoint us. We all know it does not take too long to hear the feedback from a new product out there
Old January 17th, 2006, 01:40   #2
mcguyver

hopefully it's well priced as it's going to have competition now from c.a. and g&g, even though i think the ics would be a better product than g&g for sure and may be better that the c.a. version. both now are around the $500 mark and ics would really be missing the boat if it landed here and was $700. it does have some unique attributes though, if they stuck to their initial function designs, etc. i know it's only a matter of time until they make an upper gear box kit for it as well. it would be interesting to compare it to my c.a. to see who is the better performer and the better value.

to DEA, you guys should do an initial review of it when you get it and see what potential it really has.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2006, 01:53   #3
made Man

Send a message via ICQ to made Man
Are those mags hi or low caps?
You dont choose who you love, love chooses you; and that little fucking son of a bitch sticks itself to your face like the godless bloodsucking bastards in Alien and refuses to let go until it has drained your soul and left you an empty shell of a human being.

I am worth $2,106,266.00 on HumanForSale.com

<axel026> i need help please
<^cell^> do you have an appointment?
<axel026> im french
<^cell^> i see... thats a terrible disorder
made Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2006, 02:03   #4
DEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver
to DEA, you guys should do an initial review of it when you get it and see what potential it really has.
That's a good idea, but to be perfectly honest with you mcguyver... from what I have seen of your posts here on ASC, any review I know I did, would not hold a candle to your experiance tearing apart products :wink:

I would think, for a complete, accurate reveiw, once we recieve our shipment, I would rather just ship one of these your way, and let you have the honors if you would be so inclined? PM me if you want to discuss it further :cheers:

Also, just to give you a little assurance... No, will not be around the $700 mark either. It will be competetive with the CA and G&G.
Old January 17th, 2006, 06:07   #5
Greylocks

This gun is interesting, even if I already own two AK's.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2006, 09:19   #6
Iceman

Send a message via MSN to Iceman
the TM AK has been one of the best and most reliable guns i've owned... i've been thinking of getting a new one as well... and now ICS makes one... that sounds more then promising.

What are the chances they will take TM mags? This is looking promising, very promising...
Old January 17th, 2006, 09:50   #7
Gryphon

I'm glad to see that ICS decided against going with their awful split gearbox for the AK-74. Experience ought to have told them the design is not conducive to reliability, especially with upgraders. They likely could have saved a lot of R&D and manufacturing time if they'd simply built a Ver.3 to begin with. :razz:
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2006, 13:18   #8
made Man

Send a message via ICQ to made Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman
the TM AK has been one of the best and most reliable guns i've owned... i've been thinking of getting a new one as well... and now ICS makes one... that sounds more then promising.

What are the chances they will take TM mags? This is looking promising, very promising...
why would they? AK74 is 5.45, AK47 is 7.62... different sized mags.
You dont choose who you love, love chooses you; and that little fucking son of a bitch sticks itself to your face like the godless bloodsucking bastards in Alien and refuses to let go until it has drained your soul and left you an empty shell of a human being.

I am worth $2,106,266.00 on HumanForSale.com

<axel026> i need help please
<^cell^> do you have an appointment?
<axel026> im french
<^cell^> i see... thats a terrible disorder
made Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2006, 13:24   #9
Iceman

Send a message via MSN to Iceman
hmm well airsoft is airsoft, really. I know the caliber is different, and i also know locaps are overpriced at 50$+ each most of the time.
Old January 17th, 2006, 16:18   #10
Gryphon

I prefer the sharper curvature of 7.62mm mags in any AK. It's entirely possible (and likely exists, if not as a production sample then as a commercial variant) to have an AK74-styled rifle chambered for 7.62x39mm. Barrel and mag are all that's really required, I'm fairly certain the gas system is the same and the fire control parts haven't changed. Furniture is adaptable between rifle sizes and receiver types. Frankly I'm glad the G&G one comes with a 7.62mm mag, it looks more "AK-ish" to me.
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2006, 16:44   #11
Dozer_01

I have 8 TM AK lowcaps waiting for this damn gun! They better work! LOL
Dozer_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2006, 16:51   #12
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by made Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman
why would they? AK74 is 5.45, AK47 is 7.62... different sized mags.

In airsoft yes, you can use a Ak74 mag in a AK47, and the other way as well. The magwell is the same size on both weapons.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2006, 20:53   #13
mcguyver

where did you hear about the gear box redesign, w.k.? from everything i've heard, it's still a go!!
Old January 17th, 2006, 20:55   #14
Kid

Mcguyver, it's on the front page of the ICS site.

http://www.icsbb.com/e_index_home.asp
Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2006, 21:20   #15
mcguyver

wow, their site was down and i haven't seen it till now. too bad. was a neat idea.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion