Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Solved!

:

Doctor's Corner

Old March 24th, 2006, 08:53   #1
GunMaster
BANNED for Spamming

Solved!

I have a CA M15A4. Every time I put a mag(only using 300rd highcaps) in the gun I fire a couple shots and then the spring in the mag is completely realeased....Then I point the gun down and bb's start pouring out the barrel. I have already tried replacing the hop-up packing with a prometheous/laylax one.

What is causing the spring on the mag to be realeased and push bb's through?

I am thinking of trying to install a First Factory Strike Chamber 16.

If anyone has ever had the problem of bb's pouring out the barrel, please help me out. I know its not the mags fault.
GunMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2006, 09:11   #2
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb

Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
Either you have zero hopup set or there's something wrong with the hopup unit itself.
Mantelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2006, 14:23   #3
v82slo

Actually I was going to suggest a bad / broken loading nozzle. It sounds like the bb's are not be stopped from getting into the hopup which I believe is the job for the loading nozzle and associated tappet plate.
Old March 24th, 2006, 17:36   #4
GunMaster
BANNED for Spamming

Quote:
Originally Posted by v82slo
Actually I was going to suggest a bad / broken loading nozzle. It sounds like the bb's are not be stopped from getting into the hopup which I believe is the job for the loading nozzle and associated tappet plate.
The loading nozzle is metal and is part of the whole metal hop-up unit. How does it break? What is the tappet plate you speak of?

What about the little spring that is on the outside of the hop-up unit and compresses when the gun is assembled. It is slightly bent.
Old March 24th, 2006, 18:09   #6
GunMaster
BANNED for Spamming

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion
that's normal.
Ok so if the spring thing is normal, then what should I do to solve the problem? Replace the entire hop-up unit?
Old March 24th, 2006, 18:14   #7
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

my guess is hop up set to zero. if it's "on", then you must be missing the hop up nub/bucking/packing
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2006, 20:47   #8
GunMaster
BANNED for Spamming

Quote:
my guess is hop up set to zero. if it's "on", then you must be missing the hop up nub/bucking/packing
The nub is in there and the packing. I can see the nub being pushed down.
When I am able to shoot without feeding problems...hop adjustments seem to not make a difference, the bb's appear to not be getting enough spin and do not travel very far without falling down. Thats why I was thinking I needed the FF Strike Chamber 16.
Old March 24th, 2006, 22:10   #9
Kid

The loading nozzel is the thing on the front of the gearbox that sticks out. You have a CA? Then I believe it is made of blue plastic. Just got a CA myself.

Tappet plate is inner gearbox... hey... what about taking it down to the lower reciever and mechbox, then dryfiring a couple shots on semi to see if the nozzle is going back and FULLY back forward each shot.

It could be that it is stuck back. Also could be something installed wrong in the hop-up.
Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2006, 00:11   #10
GunMaster
BANNED for Spamming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid
The loading nozzel is the thing on the front of the gearbox that sticks out. You have a CA? Then I believe it is made of blue plastic. Just got a CA myself.

Tappet plate is inner gearbox... hey... what about taking it down to the lower reciever and mechbox, then dryfiring a couple shots on semi to see if the nozzle is going back and FULLY back forward each shot.

It could be that it is stuck back. Also could be something installed wrong in the hop-up.
Will doing that harm the gun? I think its a good idea
Old March 25th, 2006, 09:10   #11
Kid

As long as you're not over dry firing, it shouldn't hurt. At the end of every mag you dry fire a few shots, don't worry about it.

And just to get a bit clearer... Is this a new gun? Was it shooting like this when you got it? Has the mech been opened?

Give that dry fire a shot and see how it trns out. Just a couple shots on semi should do.
Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2006, 16:14   #12
GunMaster
BANNED for Spamming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid
As long as you're not over dry firing, it shouldn't hurt. At the end of every mag you dry fire a few shots, don't worry about it.

And just to get a bit clearer... Is this a new gun? Was it shooting like this when you got it? Has the mech been opened?

Give that dry fire a shot and see how it trns out. Just a couple shots on semi should do.
I tried it and the nozzle moves forward and then back to its original position when I fire.

The gun is about 8months old, it was shooting excellant when I got, mechbox has never been opened.

It all started when I lost the original hop-up nub during a barrel cleaning, I replaced the nub with a homemade nub and the gun started having problems, then I replaced the nub and packing with a new set. I continue to have the problems, I tested it today and no bb's poured out but it was shooting 2 at a time frequently and the bb's were losing distance and velocity although ROF has stayed the same.
Old March 25th, 2006, 19:51   #14
GunMaster
BANNED for Spamming

Quote:
Any cracks/chips on the nozzle?
The nozzle did not look cracked or chipped to me.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner