Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Review: HAIX airpower P3 boots

:

Reviews

Old December 11th, 2006, 12:25   #1
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Review: HAIX airpower P3 boots

For all these years, I was playing airsoft and working witch cheap boots. Starting for an el cheapo pair of issue CF boots (the olds one in full leather) and a cheap pair of Magnum boots for CQB and work. (when I used to be in the public safety of Montréal.)

My search for a high quality boot was on. I stumbled across HAIX in an R Nicholls. I tried a pair on and they where great. But I did not know the brand and never saw anyone using them. I made a thread hasking about them here, but no one cared to answer or knew anything about them. So I decided to buy them anyway.

I paid about 200$ taxes included for them at R. Nicholls. I must say, they are worth every penny.

Pictures by myself

The boot is very confortable. One thing that striked me, is how easy and fast they are to put on and off. No more tugging and crying trying to remove after a long day of airsoft. Just undo the laces and they pop out.

The sole is very flexible. You can crouch and you won't feel your feet squeezed like in a regular issue boot. The sole is also very quiet when walking on hard surface. This is very good for CQB.

The laces systeme is also very efficient. You won't feel any pressure points and they keep the boot firmly attached to your feets. It's a perfect fit for me. I tied them on at 6ham with my pants tucked in, and I removed them at 10hpm. The laces never came undone and the pants never tucked out of them during the whole day. First time in my life this happenned! I was impressed!

The boot is composed of an amalgame of leather and goretex. The outer finish is like cloth and it's water resistant.

Overall, I give this boot a 9.5 on 10. I don't give it a 10 yet, because I did not tried them in hot temperature yet. But things are looking great!

For more infos, check out their website

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2006, 12:48   #2
Spitfire

i have the trakker pro s3
its very good :wink:
the best thing on it: i get it for free from my employer (1 pair a year) even though i work in the office @ 99% of my time 8)
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2006, 15:13   #3
MrEvolution
MrChairsoft

heh, ive never seen a review for boots before. those do look nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrail25 View Post
I'm no expert on the law, but the only victims of rape in this story are the 40 men.
MrEvolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2006, 15:41   #4
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb

Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
Are they warm? Are they relatively narrow or wide, or do they have specific narrow/wide sizes?
Old December 11th, 2006, 16:56   #5
FOX_111

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyb View Post
Are they warm? Are they relatively narrow or wide, or do they have specific narrow/wide sizes?
They are warm enougt for -5 degree in snow use with 2 pairs of normal soxes.

They have all the sises in Wide too. Mine are size 10 Normal.

Old December 12th, 2006, 15:34   #6
Spitfire

hei
normal size is pretty wide already... i have a wide foot actually... but the wide version would be way to wide for me...
mine are warm enough for winter and cold enough for summer ;-)
but i think i will get a pair of airpower aswell...
cheers
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2006, 15:36   #7
HaZarD SFD

Hmm.. Looks like thats going on my christmas list!
Old October 29th, 2011, 14:11   #8
Sophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
hei
normal size is pretty wide already... i have a wide foot actually... but the wide version would be way to wide for me...
mine are warm enough for winter and cold enough for summer ;-)
but i think i will get a pair of airpower aswell...
cheers
Sorry for necroposting! I'm the owner of P3. They are very comfortable. I didn't use them in winter but in summer they're perfect. When you're running the heat is emitted very strong. And one day when I was passing through the grass with the dew on it, I thought that the water had entered into my boots because my feet became quite cold. And I thought then: "And this is the stuff for 200 bucks! :banghead: ". But when I took off one of the boots, the sock was dry. So, the membrane technology works! And I must say that the heat is emitted out of the feet quite well even without cold dew or smth on them.
Sophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2011, 16:19   #9
FOX_111

Since this was necro'ed, here is an update on those boots after close to 5 years of use.

They are beaten up now. In CQB, I stepped on big screws that where sticking out of the floor in a factory and messed both boots goretex liners. Water is now comming in the boots.

Overall, the boots held very well untill I destroyed them in the factory CQB. They are still very confortable and all the stitches are holding up. I neglected to polish them once in a while and the leather tips get white from corosion and friction. I could turn it back black with some boot polish and leather treatement.

I still wear them for CQB and summer dry field use. But I phased them out of my primary use with another pair of boots (Lowa).

I'd still buy them again!

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews