Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

HPA hicap magazine?

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old January 31st, 2017, 09:46   #1
Katipunero

HPA hicap magazine?

So i've got my HPA set up for my WE KAC PDW and it's running pretty sweet. I've tapped a plug in a mag and I also have the WE version of the CQB russian valves for 5 other mags.

The one I tapped, I am trying to convert it to be a double stack hicap mag.
All the hicap mags I've seen done (Alyan airsoft) that are not drum have used a C02 mag which has the capability of using half the mag as a housing for the hicap winder, which would solve what I'm trying to do, however I only have the propane mags which has the full reservoir encompassing the entire magazine, so my tap is at the bottom half of the mag horizontally perpendicular when the mag is in the gun.

Questions:

-Is there anyone on here who has done a hicap mag with propane/green gas mag double stack?

-Is there anyone in north america that sells/mods these kind of mags? (My last resort is ordering from Alyan Airsoft)

Thanks.
Katipunero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2017, 10:43   #2
Katipunero

I guess nobody has experience with this.

I'll take my time and work on my own hicap.

In the meantime, ordered from Alyan and Reaper - hicap and double stack.
:hammer:
:kill:
Old February 1st, 2017, 10:48   #3
Nova316

Never seen a HPA hicap
but hope you dont run into the same problem as the reviews on Alyan HPA hicap, seems reapers are better but could be a biased review.
Post up once you get it all set up, it'd be nice to see if it works.
Nova316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2017, 10:54   #4
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
You may as well don some paintball gear and put a hopper on your gun. This thread is giving me super aids and cancer at the same time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2017, 11:45   #5
Katipunero

Quote:
Originally Posted by daishi View Post
You may as well don some paintball gear and put a hopper on your gun. This thread is giving me super aids and cancer at the same time.
My loadout looks pretty subtle. I had the same reservations about HPA before I converted, but the reliability and consistency of it I could not deny.

My HPA tank is a 48ci/3000 in a molle bottle pack (Maxpedition 12x5) and my remote line is paracord wrapped which is attached parallel to my paracord sling run through the hydration guides of my tac vest.

You don't even notice the line unless since it's flush against my vest, and since it's attached to my sling, it looks pretty seamless.

My mags are horizontally tapped so when the remote line is hooked to the mag it follows the path of my trigger arm. Unless you stop and look closely at my setup during field play, you don't even notice the line since it runs on the inside of my forearm.

To each their own. I enjoy my gbbr SO much more now that I don't have issues with cooldown, stinking up my basement if I want to plink or tune; my fps is completely adjustable at the regulator to any degree I want. I don't need my npas anymore and I my fps never deviates plus or minus more than 5 from where I have it dialed in for.

I also have HPA adapters for all my m4 mags so I can simply unscrew the propane/green gas fill nozzles and run those as real cap HPA or leave some as is. Point is, I don't have to rely on my 6 mag loadout of propane in 15 degree field play and only reliably get 50% of my limited ammo.

I'm no speedsofter and I enjoy the realism aspect of not having a line to my gun, but if I can enjoy the recoil and break down of my gun as close to real steel as I can, then I can live with an air tank and line.

:cheers:
Old February 1st, 2017, 12:10   #6
Katipunero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova316 View Post
Never seen a HPA hicap
but hope you dont run into the same problem as the reviews on Alyan HPA hicap, seems reapers are better but could be a biased review.
Post up once you get it all set up, it'd be nice to see if it works.
Most of those reviews are fairly old (3-4 years ago), when Alyan had just started to offer his HPA mags. Obviously, (to me at least) it is a work in progress, and I'm certain he's gone through several versions to ones that are much more reliable than the originals.

Same with Reaper, corresponding with him, he's told me that the WE open bolt mags are his most tried and true mags he's converted, and he's improved them quite a bit from inception.

Obviously that's all hearsay until I test them, but like anything in this hobby, nothing works as it is perfectly as you want it to, without your own special touches.

Will definitely post up the set up once everything is ready.
Old February 1st, 2017, 16:59   #7
Kungpow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katipunero View Post
Most of those reviews are fairly old (3-4 years ago), when Alyan had just started to offer his HPA mags. Obviously, (to me at least) it is a work in progress, and I'm certain he's gone through several versions to ones that are much more reliable than the originals.

Same with Reaper, corresponding with him, he's told me that the WE open bolt mags are his most tried and true mags he's converted, and he's improved them quite a bit from inception.

Obviously that's all hearsay until I test them, but like anything in this hobby, nothing works as it is perfectly as you want it to, without your own special touches.

Will definitely post up the set up once everything is ready.
I am currently making a HPA High Capacity Magazine for a WA M4 sytem. It involves a AGM M4 GBB Magazine, Lonex M4 Flash Magazine, 6MM tubing, magazine coupler, HPA magazine adapter, and Ninja Paintball tank with regulator.

TM Glock 18 "Upgraded"

AGM M4A1 GBBR "Upgraded"

King Arms M4A1 GBBR
Kungpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2017, 17:16   #8
Katipunero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungpow View Post
I am currently making a HPA High Capacity Magazine for a WA M4 sytem. It involves a AGM M4 GBB Magazine, Lonex M4 Flash Magazine, 6MM tubing, magazine coupler, HPA magazine adapter, and Ninja Paintball tank with regulator.
Yes, I pretty much have exactly the same materials to build mine except mine's a WE.

Toughest part is the tube from the high cap to the gbbr mag. It has to be absolutely smooth and straight as possible otherwise the bbs will jam at some point.

I'm using 1/4" ID tubing which is about 6.35mm so it's fairly good unless your bb's are dirty or mishapen somehow.

I've been experimenting with this setup with an M4 mag, but since I have a KAC PDW, it seems the KAC specific mags are better to try this on since the KAC mag uses the actual casing of the mag as the channel for the bb's, unlike the M4 which has the bb channel in the metal reservoir of the mag itself.

With the KAC mag, if I can get the tube low enough on the high cap winder, I can make the route for the tube from the hicap to the gbb mag all the way to the lip of the gbb mag, removing any potential for sharp bends or breaks in connection for the bbs to go through.
Old February 7th, 2017, 15:18   #9
Katipunero

This isn't the hicap mag yet, but I thought i'd share the one of the coupled tapped mags I have.

Currently waiting for the Reaper HPA hicap pmag and Alyan hicap, so I figure I'm in no rush to make my own hicap.
Old February 7th, 2017, 16:06   #10
mr.jk

I don't know if this will help, maybe this video will give you an idea.
Basic idea of this is that person attached a drum mag in is bag, he ran a tube from the drum mag to the magazine, he used some sort of inner barrel to put in the mag.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSDdo_v0NvU
mr.jk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2017, 21:55   #11
Floreos

I have a 2016 Allan high cap if you have questions.
Floreos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2017, 20:53   #12
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

This thread hurts my soul
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications