Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Maruzen APS2 T96 upgrades

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old October 5th, 2008, 15:09   #1
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Maruzen APS2 T96 upgrades

I just finished upgrading the spring in my L96. The rifle is used. I just found out that it was missing a lot of screws:

1 missing screw in the trigger assembly
1 missing screw for the outer barrel lock (supposed to be one, but the hole to fit one... The outer barrel can now turn a little, putting the mag feed out of line.)
1 missing spring rod (The spring rod that is supposed to fit inside the bolt handle.

The rifle seam to shoot fine. I put a PSS 170 spring in it. It's supposed to shoot 550fps. The rifle also has an upgraded sylinder, piston, spring guide, zero trigger.

I got a PDI hopup and a heavy weight tightbore, but the hopup look well used and the screw to ajust it is not turning, so I left the whole thing out. The stock hopup is almost set to maximum to acheive a straight trajectory (from preliminary tests outside my windows while no one is outside...)

So my question is, to any Maruzen L96 owner:

- Did you any mod exist requiring the removal of the spring rod that goes inside the bolt handle?

- Is the Well L96 parts compatible with Maruzen? I'd like to have some parts switched for newer one. And have the missing screws.

Any inputs on how to fix my little problems?
I feel the rifle is gamable, but will require reparations in the near futur if I have so many missing or loose parts.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2008, 17:13   #2
Smitico

Not entirely related but I thought this might be helpful. I got this from the Arnies airsoft forum (go figure the UK website would have more info as it's their nations rifle).

For the stock hop up, I laminated a small piece of ABS plastic underneath the original bump that pushes down on the hop up rubber. Just make sure you laminate and file it flat otherwise it'll adversely affect the trajectory of the BB (I didn't do this the first time to all my shots curved left). There's a much better explanation of how/why this works here:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/revie.../cat/19/page/1

As most people just end up replacing the hop with a PDI chamber, it's worth tinkering around with it. Also, the review it worth taking a look at as the author goes on about other factors that might affect your accuracy.

Hopefully this helps. It's a little jimmying, but if your like me and like tinkering, it's a little something else. I've heard other reports on the Arnies forum (they've got a mother of a thread on it but I can't seem to find it) that some have replicated this laminating process except using a more "V" shaped piece of ABS to replicate the G-Spec hop up. I can't verify this for sure, but when I get time from school I'll probably try and verify for myself.

Cheers,

Smitico
Smitico is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications