Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

My TorontoAirsoft.com review

:

Reviews

Old May 14th, 2012, 22:54   #1
VirtueofApathy

My TorontoAirsoft.com review

Ok, to start off I had a bad experince...

I ordered a mpk5 and some spare mags. I was suppose to recive the gun, the mags, battery and charger.

I got in the mail the gun, the mags and 4 chargers and no battery. The real cheap chargers mind you.

I e-mailed them about the mistake and I was told to send the excess chargers back via COD shipping. What would have refunded my money I spent on the shipping.

They sent me a 9.6v instead of the 8.4v stick battery. normaly I wouldn't care but the gun as it so happens only fits the 8.4v battery.

So this time I called and was told to sell it myself to someone for cash. I'm thinking "This is not what I ordered, I want what I paid for". I get the guys at the company to finaly agree to take it back on there facebook page.

I know just should of kept it ...

So I finally recive the 8.4v battery in the mail two months later.. Then it hits me my 35 odd bucks I spent to send the chargers and 9.6v back is wasted becouse TorontoAirsoft.ca dosen't pick up there mail.

Know this was no mistake I used Canada Post to track the orders and I sent repeated e-mails and phone calls to remind them. After 10 days unrecived mail gets sent back, too me!

So I'll I'm saying is if you order from them make sure your not to far away from the store. So you can go complain in person.

Forgot to mention I finaly got them to give me store credit for my 35 odd bucks. The 35 odd bucks I waisted sending back the iteams I didn't order. Only they just gave me 25 dollars. So I'm out 10 bucks and I need to buy more from there store to get my money back.

Last edited by VirtueofApathy; May 14th, 2012 at 23:03..
VirtueofApathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 23:38   #2
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts

Thats some mighty incompetence there. Try contacting Karnage on here. Maybe he can help you sort it out.
jordan7831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 23:44   #3
LocoYokoPoco
a.k.a. ian209

And this is why I won't bother dealing with them again. I've had two incidents similar to your's with TorontoAirsoft.

Armory
-KWA Tavor TAR21 GBBR
-TM PX4 w/Detonator Aluminum Slide
LocoYokoPoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 09:56   #4
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

This should also be in the retailer resolution or AV section, but overall I'm sorry this happened to you, This is a small and easy task easily accomplished by a retailer.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 13:36   #5
TPM001

Generally speaking, it's not the way. It's the will.

I, myself, had nothing but smooth transactions with torontoairsoft. But these things could happen.
TPM001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 13:34   #6
Rusty Lugnuts
Fainting Goat, Dictator of Quinte West

Here's the way i look at it
-all airsoft guns break sooner or later, If you can't live with that, no problem try another hobby No airsoft retailer can prevent this, cheaper guns break more often...also unavoidable.
-When you get shipment is wrong, incomplete, prebroken or not as described ,that is the retailers fault and once again we are all human. mistakes will happen.
-When a retailer doesn't act quickly and fairly to resolve the problem to your satisfaction, when there seems to be a high percentage of unhappy customers...
That is the time to take your business elsewhere BTW Mach1 Airsoft is in Toronto
Rusty Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 14:03   #7
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
I went there in person and was not really impressed at how the place was run, I come in and am told "take a number" so no matter what we are server in that order, so I, going there knowing exactly what I want with cash in hand, could have been there for 5 minutes, had to wait an hour for the 1 guy in the store to take the 3 guys infront of me on a tour of the store showing them all the guns

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 14:03   #8
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

wht mp5k did u get that only holds an 8.4 i run 9.6 stick batteries in my mp5k it is what comes with the gun, mine is a cyma (same as a classic army) do you have the charging handle locked back or something that would cause the 9.6 to not fit but would fit an 8.4.
for the most part TA is a good retailer however i would agree that some of the staff is a lil less then helpfull at times. I once send an email via there contact form asking about a special order the reply stated that frank doesnt deal with the emails sent via the website but id have to contact him directly for special orders. So i have an old out of date email for him that doesnt seem to get to him and am sure ky msg wasnt relayed to him so i either gotta call him on his personal number (if the number i have isnt out or date, and be a pest to him on his personal time) or have to keep checking the store till i can talk to him directly.
aside from that they are always willing to refund or exchange miss shipped or defective products andbhave a great selection and good prices and staff that for the most part are friendly helpfull and know there stuff.
its unfortunate you had a bad experiance but im sure frank will correct any issue you have and make u a happy customer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 14:07   #9
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

1. Nobody is saying you don't have a legitimate argument. That being said, if the rifle was a lemon, they have a warranty on it. Have you contacted them regarding this?

2. What ShelledPants has an issue with is the way you're going about this. Telling someone to "suck a fat one" is not exactly the best way to get your issues resolved. Getting hostile at someone for pointing out airsoft guns are toys... that's not conductive to the discussion. Inferring someone is a crony of a company... well you get the point.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 14:16   #10
Trev140_0

I have been to Mach1 to fix a gun.

Was fixing an ICS for a friend of mine. I needed parts. I took the gun to Mach1 and asked them if I could try a few parts in the cylinder as there was something screwy going on relating to compression.

They said sure, opened a few parts and to the surprise the issue was a mismatch with nozzle etc, all of which they worked through with me. Would have been impossible to go back and forth 50 time to chase this. I am in no way new to this, but ICS is very specific in parts. Chroned the gun and left very happy/impressed. (First purchase) About $80 bucks.

Second visit. Needed a cheap and dirty pistol. We can shoot over 400FPS at our field so they steered me to the Styr COs. Let me fire it and try it out. A few other too. All the while NEVER getting distracted by an email/phone call nothing. So I bought it. They did not have spare mags. So I asked can you at least find me one. They opened another gun and sold me the mag.

Third Visit which came from the first 2. I need a CQB gun. I decide to go HERE as they obviously want my business. I say I have an open budget---take me to school. Tried several guns, and they set me up with a VFC quake, a sweet poster and a few stickers. Again. Effort.

Fourth visit?

You guessed it, another VFC Quake for my buddy.

$1,500 total

Why?
Cause of first visit.

Airsoftparts.ca is the same deal. These guys are like machines for shipping and service.

Find your guys, get to know them, and enjoy the sport.

"....Your life is ending one minute at a time..."

Last edited by Trev140_0; February 5th, 2013 at 14:35..
Trev140_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 14:52   #11
Nickaayyy

Have you tried to talk directly to the manager of your issue? Maybe he can help you with this (except if it was the manager you seems to give a bad services)

I'm pretty sure he's better than was we have in Montreal... (I'm not gonna put the name, don't want to start a debate here and the guys in my region may know from who I am talking).

If he's that bad go to Mach1 like a lot of guys says or you can buy on internet, like Revolution Airsoft by example.
Nickaayyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 15:29   #12
kaiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev140_0 View Post
I have been to Mach1 to fix a gun.

Was fixing an ICS for a friend of mine. I needed parts. I took the gun to Mach1 and asked them if I could try a few parts in the cylinder as there was something screwy going on relating to compression.

They said sure, opened a few parts and to the surprise the issue was a mismatch with nozzle etc, all of which they worked through with me. Would have been impossible to go back and forth 50 time to chase this. I am in no way new to this, but ICS is very specific in parts. Chroned the gun and left very happy/impressed. (First purchase) About $80 bucks.

Second visit. Needed a cheap and dirty pistol. We can shoot over 400FPS at our field so they steered me to the Styr COs. Let me fire it and try it out. A few other too. All the while NEVER getting distracted by an email/phone call nothing. So I bought it. They did not have spare mags. So I asked can you at least find me one. They opened another gun and sold me the mag.

Third Visit which came from the first 2. I need a CQB gun. I decide to go HERE as they obviously want my business. I say I have an open budget---take me to school. Tried several guns, and they set me up with a VFC quake, a sweet poster and a few stickers. Again. Effort.

Fourth visit?

You guessed it, another VFC Quake for my buddy.

$1,500 total

Why?
Cause of first visit.

Airsoftparts.ca is the same deal. These guys are like machines for shipping and service.

Find your guys, get to know them, and enjoy the sport.
+1

Mach1 prices may be a bit high, but man! They've got the stock, and amazing customer service.

Airsoftparts is also great for parts, and Duy also never falls short with his amazing service too.

Airsoft Depot isn't bad either, although damn, Huang does get CRAZY busy if you don't go when he opens up early... Then it seems impossible to manage the number of people standing around lol.
kaiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 15:30   #13
c3sk
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Thread cleaned, keep your reviews concise and legible please.

Tumor's removed, continue.
c3sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 15:33   #14
Nickaayyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiu View Post
+1

Mach1 prices may be a bit high, but man! They've got the stock, and amazing customer service.

Airsoftparts is also great for parts, and Duy also never falls short with his amazing service too.

Airsoft Depot isn't bad either, although damn, Huang does get CRAZY busy if you don't go when he opens up early... Then it seems impossible to manage the number of people standing around lol.
Mmm... I'm gonna check Mach1, maybe i'm gonna buy my Ra-tech parts over there. A lot of people seems to like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3sk View Post
Thread cleaned, keep your reviews concise and legible please.

Tumor's removed, continue.
That's why i've got lost in the conversation !!
Nickaayyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 15:37   #15
c3sk
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickaayyy View Post
Mmm... I'm gonna check Mach1, maybe i'm gonna buy my Ra-tech parts over there. A lot of people seems to like them.

That's why i've got lost in the conversation !!
Yea, sorry Nickaayyy, I know you were trying to get stuff back on track, but it just appeared to enrage that guy even more.
c3sk is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews