Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

This is PolarStar Thread

:

Airsoft Media

Old April 9th, 2013, 19:44   #31
coach
aka coachster

Yeah I can imagine the heat build up could get pretty bad.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2013, 19:54   #32
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

We used to have fielded pneumatic mortars
Fairly efficient, but with our old tank to valve to barrel design, the diaphragm in the valve would get so hot on a 30 degree day after 50 rounds, it wouldn't seal anymore
And the bike pumps we were using definitely aren't 100% duty cycle lol
We'd have 3, cycling between them every 4 rounds or so, whenever it gets REALLY hard to pump, you gotta change pumps cause the seals in it are swelling from heat.
We had a guy running back and forth from the well getting cold water to cool off the pumps and mortar lol
Was quite a gong show.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2013, 20:19   #33
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

I wont not bother trying to fill at home, its just a massive hassle.

fill at a paintball shop our if your going to a big game that does not have a fill station, go to a scuba shop and rent a scuba tank for the game weekend (or just buy one, they are not that much, I might do this). They are usually between 64 and 130 cubic FEET. they max out at ~3300 PSI though for good ones. The fill adapters to your tank are pretty cheap too.

This means that you can get your tank up to the PSI of the scuba tank. Every time you fill though the PSI on the big tank will drop a little bit. You can get about 5 refills above 2000psi from a scuba tank, definitely more then enough to last a 24+hr game.

Last edited by Cobrajr122; April 9th, 2013 at 20:23..
Cobrajr122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2013, 20:36   #34
GBBR
Banned

Send a message via MSN to GBBR Send a message via Skype™ to GBBR
I'm just a bit paranoid of not having enough air at a game, I've seen builds that have over 60 rps, which is great if your planning to make a support gun
GBBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2013, 20:45   #35
aZn_triXta07

The most practical solution is to buy a scuba tank $160 brand new or cheaper for used, hydrostatic testing is about $25 so not worth it unless you getting a deal.

Find a dive shop they'll fill the tank up for $7-10 you can get a lot of fills that way just know that after each fill the tank pressure goes down bit by bit.

Shoebox compressor is a joke unless you buy their $1000 option now.

I have four carbon fiber tanks with 4500PSI capacity and my own high pressure compressor that I use to fill them. It's excessive but I was just tired of driving ways out to the dive shops.
aZn_triXta07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2013, 15:10   #36
IggysPiggy

EVERY system as pros and cons, pick what works best for you. I can change a piston in my dsg faster then you can get your tank filled. As for the ceramic bearings my dsg only runs at about 345 fps. It was never meant to blast hundreds of bbs at ppl at ridiculous fps.

Really now who wants to be blasted by a burst of 40-60 bbs at 380 fps, I know I don't so I wouldn't do it to someone else.

Also as for the "ability" to alter fps on polarstar guns its no different then paintball. Buy a $12 tourney lock if its such an issue, because again I carry all the tools on me in the field to strip your average aeg and again I can do a spring swap in a standard m4 faster then you can take a crunch.
IggysPiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2013, 15:26   #37
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

Quote:
Originally Posted by IggysPiggy View Post
I can change a piston in my dsg faster then you can get your tank filled.
You can change your piston in under 30 seconds?

Vids please.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 15:32   #38
IggysPiggy

Really you carry a fill tank on the field with you? I'd like to see that please.

Last I checked if you don't have a full tank in the back of your truck your going to the pro shop, waiting in line, waiting for the tech to full, which takes more then 30 seconds. Don't bother arguing that point as I have an hpa sniper as well as a polarstar, plus I used to play paintball.

Most fields where I am dont have a fill setup for hpa so if your here your now getting in your vehicle driving the 30-40 min to closest hpa fill station, which I happen to know here are few and far between.

Last edited by IggysPiggy; July 2nd, 2013 at 15:34..
Old July 2nd, 2013, 15:42   #39
ThunderCactus

Quote:
Really you carry a spare piston on the field with you? I'd like to see that please.

Last I checked if you don't have a spare piston in the back of your truck your going to the pro shop, waiting in line, hoping they have a decent piston in stock, which takes more then 30 seconds.

Most fields where I am dont have a pro shop or extra pistons for DSG setup so if your here your now getting in your vehicle driving the 30-40 min to closest airsoft store, which I happen to know here are few and far between.
Fixed.

You carry extra pistons, guys with P*s carry extra tanks. It's no different than a regular person with an AEG carrying extra batteries lol
The major differences being changing a tank or battery is not an internal mechbox failure, and takes significantly less time to swap tanks/batteries than changing a piston.

I'm not saying DSG's are completely pointless and you're not wrong for having one, it's a tweaker item that takes the platform out of it's reliable operating zone.
You don't push an AEG past 1500rpm without developing reliability issues, just like you don't push it to 800fps without the same problems.
It's like, instead of putting a renault RS27 in your F1 car, you're just taking a stock 2.4L V8 and attempting to crank it up to 18,000rpm

Last edited by ThunderCactus; July 2nd, 2013 at 15:55..
Old July 2nd, 2013, 15:45   #40
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

I usually play at fields with a fill station when I am in Ontario.

Assuming we have the same walk to get back to the safe zone from the field, I can get in the shop and use the self fill station pretty damn quick.

When I am at fields without a fill station (all of them in NB), I have spare tanks in the truck, so same deal. If It's a really big game without a fill station, I would rent or buy a scuba tank.

If you have these systems as well, and used to play paintball, you should have known that your statement was stretching it a bit...
Old July 2nd, 2013, 15:56   #41
ThunderCactus

Oh, there's also the fact polarstar goes to ever major airsoft event in the states. So if you're ever at a big game down south, they've got recharge stations there lol
Old July 2nd, 2013, 17:34   #42
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

Quote:
The consistancy of the polarstar will amaze you and nozzle swaps are not to difficult. I was thinking of getting a 249 one for the mk46. If I do I may have an v2 kit for sale lol .
Nozzle swaps? Just run a red and drop the PSI until you get what you want. Saves on gas so the tank lasts longer :P
Old July 2nd, 2013, 17:43   #43
IggysPiggy

Fair enough I have a black now, figure the gained rnds is really that great? I personally don't field mine so for me eh but for the OP it is a good option.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 17:48   #44
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

Quote:
figure the gained rnds is really that great?
Very much so, to me.
Like I said, when I am home in NB, the fields here dont have fill stations, so the longer I can go without swapping a tank or avoid renting a scuba tank the better. I was running ~82 PSI on the stock blue, on the red I run a hair above 60PSI and I found that I get about 500 more shots per tank.

If you are at fields that have fill stations, then its not a big deal.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 18:42   #45
IggysPiggy

Takes some tuning and testing as with any gun. It's the consistency of the fps that gives the polarstar the advantage. When you can consistently hit 395 fps every time and you can tune a hopup its very easy to know here your bb will go.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media