Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

glock problems boggling

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old December 26th, 2019, 17:40   #1
blazzer73553

glock problems boggling

So, i was in germany for Christmas, just got back, i picked up 2 glocks but they were used for 15 euro each.
i did not have a chance to try them until i got home.

one is a kjw g23 and the other is a kjw g27.

it came with all stock parts.

g23 has guarder frame and slide, guarder blow back housing rest is all factory

g27 is guarder frame rest is all factory.

both of them are having the same issue!! when dry fired or BB fired the slide will not fully cycle, it gets tuck half way, randomly leaks air from the barrel after a shot.

i have tried: new bb housing. cleaning and lubing, checked piston for cracks or damage. checked sears, checked valve knocker, checked for barrel rub, magazines valves were removed and new orings replaced, lubed orings upon installation and seem to be working properly

i cannot for my life figure out what the problem is. they will not fully cycle if it helps; when they engage, they sound like little pop guns.

VIDEOS:

https://imgur.com/VDYl72m
https://imgur.com/ysHBp8w

Last edited by blazzer73553; December 27th, 2019 at 20:44..
blazzer73553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2019, 19:17   #2
RainyEyes

Your issue is very common with clone glock 18c's. The culprit is usually a result of worn parts and aftermarket parts involving the rear hammer sear and the bbu components.

The guarder components are going to place your hammer assembly and the BBU too close to each other because of the distance it sits on the rails for KJW models versus the TM models.

The best remedy is to switch back to TM spec parts including nozzle and the hammer. The spinny "disk" in the hammer sear and parts of the BBU are pressing very hard against each other and prevent itself from cycling.

This is very likely why the previous owners ditched them for $15 each.

Can you take a picture of the hammer assembly? Curious if they slapped in a g17 or a g18c hammer assembly because if it's the former you at least have a chance to fix it with filing.

tl;dr good luck filing down the bbu assuming it's not a g18c hammer assembly.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2019, 23:48   #3
blazzer73553

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
Your issue is very common with clone glock 18c's. The culprit is usually a result of worn parts and aftermarket parts involving the rear hammer sear and the bbu components.

The guarder components are going to place your hammer assembly and the BBU too close to each other because of the distance it sits on the rails for KJW models versus the TM models.

The best remedy is to switch back to TM spec parts including nozzle and the hammer. The spinny "disk" in the hammer sear and parts of the BBU are pressing very hard against each other and prevent itself from cycling.

This is very likely why the previous owners ditched them for $15 each.

Can you take a picture of the hammer assembly? Curious if they slapped in a g17 or a g18c hammer assembly because if it's the former you at least have a chance to fix it with filing.

tl;dr good luck filing down the bbu assuming it's not a g18c hammer assembly.
forsure, ill snap some internal pics tomorrow for you, appreciate the help
Old December 27th, 2019, 20:48   #4
blazzer73553

ok here are the internal pics:
g19:

g27:

Old December 27th, 2019, 23:41   #5
RainyEyes

To isolate the problem, slowly take apart the parts until the slide and frame run smoothly.

Start by removing the recoil spring, then hop up, then outer barrel, then the bbu nozzle, then the bbu, and repeated with and without the rear hammer assembly. If you can get a combination in between just the recoil spring and everything disassembled hopefully those will be the parts that need to be remedied.

Only do this if you are comfortable of course otherwise definitely take it to a store.
Old December 30th, 2019, 01:36   #6
blazzer73553

ok doing the slow tear down tonight, ill report back with what happens. appreciate the help/
Old December 30th, 2019, 17:24   #7
blazzer73553

ok, so after a long day of trial an error piece by piece, after i removed this part:

the slide "lag" seems to have disappeared.

so now that the problem seems to be here, what can be done about this, i understand removing this from operation will not allow the the unit to "re-cock" its self after firing.

is there a way to shave this down slightly?
Old December 30th, 2019, 18:39   #8
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzer73553 View Post
ok, so after a long day of trial an error piece by piece, after i removed this part:

the slide "lag" seems to have disappeared.

so now that the problem seems to be here, what can be done about this, i understand removing this from operation will not allow the the unit to "re-cock" its self after firing.

is there a way to shave this down slightly?
You don't shave that part down EVER.

PM turok https://airsoftcanada.com/member.php?u=41625 on these forums and ask him what he did to make his g18c hammer cock back earlier as per this video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4Vxpezsteo

Notably at 7:35 to 7:45 onwards when he mentions "...the UAC hammer and the sear I had to do a bit of modifications specifically on the hammer..."

This will alleviate pressure because your slide is pushing down on the hammer too much to cock it back. It will make your slide run much smoother however he does not disassemble the glock to show which part he shaved down specifically.

Try what turok mentions in his videos but do not sand down the blowback unit since that is not a permanent solution. Keep in mind that taking apart the hammer and putting it back in is a PITA on a glock18c so you should have much better luck on your g23. "Rotor" you see in the video is TM specific and is actually the best design by far, and the one you see in your KJW is a WE/clone design that suffers from these kinds of issues.

Last edited by RainyEyes; December 30th, 2019 at 19:58..
Old December 30th, 2019, 19:05   #9
blazzer73553

ok ill give that watch and a try. it seems like( if u understand correctly) i need to sand down possibly the bbu and/or partions of the slide to smooth things out?
Old December 30th, 2019, 19:58   #10
RainyEyes

Don't file down the blowback unit you get a reply from turok. His solution is better in the long run than filing down the blowback unit.
Old December 31st, 2019, 04:41   #11
blazzer73553

just about had it with these glocks.

buddy had some spare parts to swap to try out, had a boomer bearing hammer wheel, new bbu, new ss sear. different mags, 3 different trigger bars also had a ground down bbu as well. resulted in a much smother action by hand but it still hangs half way after a dry or bb shot.

i even installed the stock frame and slide it came with, was still getting the same result...
Old December 31st, 2019, 10:45   #12
turok_t

hey, i think your problem is many fold.... ill send you a PM
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2019, 15:10   #13
blazzer73553

Responded to pm, will keep this thread updated as it goes
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion