Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TMC LBT style LBT 1961A Chest Rig question

:

Gear Discussion

Old November 13th, 2016, 17:26   #1
KTFlash1

TMC LBT style LBT 1961A Chest Rig question

Hi, right now I am looking for a decent chest rig, and I found this.

http://www.ebairsoft.com/style-1961a...i-pr-3884.html

Does anyone have any experiences with this chest rig?
If yes, could you share your experience with this rig?
I like low profile style, and I assuming this one would not fit style. Would that be true??
KTFlash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2016, 19:00   #2
FrostyFlakes02

I have experience with it. Very cool looking chest rig and yes it it low profile. Keep in mind it is for M4 magazines only (you can shove in 5.45 ak mags at limit, 7.62 forget it). My big complain is the pistol pouches, very very loose and you'll want to close the velcro flap immediately after reloading your pistol otherwise your mags will jump out from running. The side pouch are very nice and big to store NVG and other utility, however the way it is closed is a weird design, it's basically a removable elastic flap with rivets that act as a one way pouch. It's easy to store stuff inside, but hard to take them out because you have to remove the the rivet. Otherwise, if you're planning on using a MOLLE belt forget it because the side pouch would block any access to your belt. Only way to have a pistol with this chest rig would be to shove it either in one of the two radio pouch or a mag pouch. Grenade pouches on it are a nice touch to add a kill rag or a 40mm shell. Chest rig also has a big integrated velcro admin pouch. I recommand the Flyye LBT1961 if you're up to pay that price because Flyye also use Cordura, but their buckles are a better quality (UTX Duraflex), worst case scenario is your buckle get shot out and your rig with all your gear falls over.

For better details check : http://www.flyyeindustries.com/Artic...sp?ProdID=0404

Even better 1961 would be the G because it adds elastic flaps for hydration and wiring, also a heavy duty YKK front zipper: http://www.flyyeindustries.com/Artic...sp?ProdID=0639

Last edited by FrostyFlakes02; November 13th, 2016 at 19:03..
FrostyFlakes02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2016, 22:05   #3
KTFlash1

wow thanks for the detailed reply! I really couldnt find any detailed explanation on that rig, and you helped me a lot. And I maybe should go for the flyye one. Oh but just one more question. Would it be possible to use one of the big side pouches as a dump pouch for the m4 mags??
Old November 14th, 2016, 02:44   #4
FrostyFlakes02

I saw some people do it but honest I wouldn't recommend doing that since you want a pouch that is fast to just shove in mags. For this one you'll have to work against the elastic tension of the pouch just to store your empty mags. I bought a separate dump pouch and just looped it through the back straps of the chest rig itself, simple, works great.
FrostyFlakes02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2016, 03:15   #5
Drake
E-01

Those "big side pouches" aren't that big. Here's the vest with stuff in it for size reference:

The radio pouch isn't much bigger than a mag pouch, and located in a weird spot and those smaller pouches in front are probably too small to even fit one mag (and it would probably fall out easily if it did fit).

Drop pouches aren't that expensive, specially if you're buying repro. Save yourself the hassle. If you end up losing a mag you won't have saved anything in the end.
Old November 14th, 2016, 09:36   #6
KTFlash1

@Frosty
Wow never thought of using my back straps. Thanks for giving me the idea and sharing your experience! Appreciate it a lot

@Drake
Yea that seems true too. Losing a mag or two is gonna cost me more than what I wouldve saved. Ill make sure to get an actual dump pouch lol. Thank you!
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion