Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Canada Post Delivered my Package, but not actually....

:

General

Old July 14th, 2015, 19:11   #1
AnthonyG
LUser Title

Canada Post Delivered my Package, but not actually....

So... I'm in somewhat of a funny situation.

I ordered an FMA Fast Helmet off of EBay, from Hong Kong of all places. My tracking number indicates that my package was delivered a week ago today, except it was never actually delivered. The seller sent it as "International Express" so it arrived much sooner than the final delivery date stated on EBay's website.

The funny part is that my Sister was home in bed when the carrier "delivered" the package, heard the Canada Post man knock and ring the doorbell, then got up in time to see him return to his truck and drive off. No package, no delivery notice card left at my door.

I've been to my local post office twice since, and they never received my package either.

Two separate calls to Canada Post yield the typical response, that there's literally nothing I can do, and need to contact the seller to start a claim; even though my sister witnessed the delivery man driving off with my package.

The typical runaround with the seller has also proven to be unfruitful since they insist the package was received by me, and can't be convinced to start a claim.

Ive been patient and waited a week since the package was marked delivered. Now I'm worried CP is going to send my package back to the seller. Trying to decide what to do next. Anyone ever have this problem?

EDIT: see my last post for the outcome.
I would avoid eBay user "bbq.bike" at all costs as a result of their poor customer service and unwillingness you help the buyer solve shipping problems.

Last edited by AnthonyG; August 11th, 2015 at 02:43..
AnthonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2015, 19:49   #2
ebfud

Ive had this similar problem with the numerous different cp delivery people in my area. If your sister witnessed the cp worker take your package back to there vehicle its a problem to report to cp themselves not the retailer you purchased from. Id call them again and tell them this info and see what they want to do from there. It certainly seems fishy that the package does exsist as seen by your sister but it hasnt shown up at your local po.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
I say we go over there, knock on their door and politely ask them to stop...with a cruise-missile...to the face.
ebfud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2015, 20:24   #3
AnthonyG
LUser Title

Every time I call, they tell me only the seller can report a parcel not delivered and start a claim...?

Edit: I called again, they literally won't let me do anything.

Last edited by AnthonyG; July 14th, 2015 at 20:44..
Old July 14th, 2015, 20:51   #4
DanoftheDead

I've had this happen to me just about a year ago. I called cp every single day for 2 weeks after it happened. They pretty much gave me a big middle finger. I hope you have better luck than I did. I hope my local cp delivery person enjoys the mags he stole from me though....
DanoftheDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2015, 20:58   #5
AnthonyG
LUser Title

I think I made the girl on the other end cry a bit. She kept telling me she had no information and that legally she couldn't do anything.

What's the point of having a customer service if they can't even ask the driver where he went with the package.

Last edited by AnthonyG; July 15th, 2018 at 19:00..
Old July 14th, 2015, 21:01   #6
brock0

Have the seller start a claim.

Canada post... Don't get me wrong, I'm a supremely mellow guy but After months of shitty service, missing mail, and bungled parcel delivery like you describe, I "went postal" at the local post office and gave the person there a strongly worded piece of my mind. Then I ambushed my local carrier and the parcel person and did the same. Then I called CP to complain.

What followed was a solid 18 months of impossibly bad service. Complaints made it worse, far worse than I thought possible. At the end they didn't even attempt to deliver my parcels anymore, just threw the notices on my doorstep - usually long after the parcel had been ready for pickup.

Then I moved. Now I tip my carrier and parcel guy at Christmas, and go out of my way to chat up the local PO ladies and the service has been flawless.
brock0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2015, 21:02   #7
BloodSport
Traveling Man

get the seller to open a claim, and then open an Ebay ticket for a refund for non delivery. Did you ensure they did the signature required option?
Old July 14th, 2015, 21:33   #8
AnthonyG
LUser Title

CP said no signature required when I called and asked.

Problem is EBay doesn't reflect the fact that the seller shipped expidited; it still shows expected delivery between July 17 and Aug 4 so it won't even let me start a claim. It's just communication with the seller at this point.
Old July 14th, 2015, 22:29   #9
RainyEyes

You're SOL unless the seller on Ebay calls and reports an undelivered parcel. I had a friend ship me something for christmas worth well over $200 from a US retailer. CP said it arrived and was delivered but I never received anything. Spoke to the retailer, started a claim (it was USPS to CP, so they had to start the investigation there with USPS, not starting in Canada which makes 0 sense since it's our local delivery service that fucks up), only to wait 6 months for the retailer to refund the money back to my friend.

Biggest. Fuck ups. Ever.

I have 0 sympathy for CP lobbyists who want to fight to keep CP going because they were making cutbacks and such. Do your fucking jobs. Cutbacks should mean delays and such, not lost deliveries and dishonest couriers.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2015, 00:27   #10
AnthonyG
LUser Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock0 View Post
Have the seller start a claim.

Canada post... Don't get me wrong, I'm a supremely mellow guy but After months of shitty service, missing mail, and bungled parcel delivery like you describe, I "went postal" at the local post office and gave the person there a strongly worded piece of my mind. Then I ambushed my local carrier and the parcel person and did the same. Then I called CP to complain.
My regular carrier knows I order a lot of stuff in the mail, and has always been great about it. I asked him last week if he knew anything about my package and gave me a confused look, so I know whoever made the delivery attempt was not my regular guy.

Edit: seller finally responded positively. Said he was going to verify if he marked the correct address. At least this is a positive start.

Last edited by AnthonyG; July 15th, 2015 at 19:36..
Old July 21st, 2015, 19:50   #11
davenk

I had a lot of problems with Canada Post lately, my stuff got home 3 weeks late...
davenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2015, 19:02   #12
AnthonyG
LUser Title

It wouldn't be so bad if the seller would just start a dang claim with the post office. Im not worried if its late, the problem is when it's marked delivered, but clearly hasn't arrived.

I'm probably going to post my correspondence with the seller as a warning to avoid because its been so bad.
Old July 22nd, 2015, 19:14   #13
BobbyDangerous

Don't feel bad, I ordered a Condor Atacs hat and got it today. Opened up the package and there was a slice in the hat. Looksike customs opened it and cut my hat. They said they would ship me a new one. That's cool.
BobbyDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2015, 00:28   #14
AnthonyG
LUser Title

Got a bit farther today than I have in previous days.

Visited my Canada Post distribution center. Normally I just get my packages delivered to the nearest shoppers. The guy I talked to at my distribution center basically called all of the shoppers employees a bunch of wannabee amateurs who don't know a whole lot... ha!

He gave me the same number for Customer Service, which I called again. The lady was much more helpful this time. They clearly keep a record of how many times you call because the first thing she said was that she noticed I had already called "a few times" about my package. So... be nice to those poor souls.

Tomorrow I'm going to go in and ask to "speak to a supervisor" at my distribution center and hopefully get in contact with the driver; or at least try to find out if the driver had the correct address, and didn't do something funny like deliver it to a neighbour's, or drop it off at another location.

The seller has been a complete doorknob throughout this whole process. The best I could do was get them to send me a pdf of the shipping receipt. At least now I have the sellers address and number. If all else fails I'm going to start an Ebay Claim.
Old July 29th, 2015, 19:27   #15
AnthonyG
LUser Title

So... More runarounds on all fronts.

The best information Canada Post offered was they confirmed the GPS location of the truck at the posted time of delivery. Great... already knew they were on my street, when they said they were on my street.

Seller insists a signature was required on delivery. Not much I can do about that, I've already told Canada Post this and they said they did not have a signature requirement. So either Canada Post or my seller made an error with not ensuring a signature was required.

My local postal carrier has also been fishy. The week I should have had the package delivered, my sister asked him a few days after the posted delivery if he was going to deliver the package, and he gave her a confused look. Asked him again this Monday and he said it should have been him who did the deliveries on that date, but he wasn't sure and doesn't remember anything. Canada Post confirmed it was my regular driver, but they never confirmed where he "safe dropped" it.

My front step is pretty much visible from the street, so either he dropped it and it was stolen before anyone from my house walked outside, or my postal carrier is a thief.

Either way I'm upset that I didn't get my package, and even more upset that there are package-stealers lurking out their waiting to pounce.

Will be starting a claim against my eBay seller for not putting a signature requirement and not insuring my package. We'll see how far that gets.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General