Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TM M9A1 (new) compatibility

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old November 30th, 2012, 17:25   #1
FirestormX

TM M9A1 (new) compatibility

I was talking with someone about how KJW M9s should be compatible with TM M9s, and I was reminded that I tried to put one of my metal KJW M9 slides on my new TM M9A1 (the one described here - don't want to link to an actual product page in non-AVed area), and it wouldn't fit. The TM body itself looks a bit different from the KJW as well.

I've never so much as stripped an older TM M9 before, so I have no first hand experience, but everything I've read says that TM and KJW should be more-or-less a perfect fit, as far as slides, and most other components go.
Does anyone know if the TM M9A1 has made some changes that make it no longer compatible with KJW? And if so, I assume that would mean buying replacement parts (or at least a slide) for the M9A1 would have to be for the M9A1 specifically, and NOT just any old TM M9?
FirestormX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 17:31   #2
FirestormX

Wow, my ability to search Google is horrible. =/
I was searching with all these stupid queries before posting this, and after I posted, I had the bright idea to search "tm m9a1 slide does not fit on kjw" and this is the first link that pops up:

Tokyo Marui M9A1 (No Discussion) - boards.ie

A brief skimming shows that it is indeed a redesign, and no longer compatible with previous body kits.

So I guess I answered my own question. Sorry guys. Hopefully the thread will at least be here to answer the question for someone else.
FirestormX is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion