:

General

Old January 11th, 2008, 00:38   #1
enigmahack

Send a message via MSN to enigmahack
New, and wanted to say Hi :)

Hey all!

Firstly, I wanted to introduce myself.
My name's Dave and I'm 26, but my handle's Enigma... But it was already taken by someone so I'm using Enigmahack

I'm not TOTALLY new to airsoft... well kinda. I started like some of you with clearsoft, but started to get a lot more serious about it, etc.. You know how those things go.

What I did want to do here is basically get to talk to some people that have more experience with airsoft than I do, and try and find out as much as I can in general because I don't see this hobby vacating me any time soon.

What I DIDN'T want to do is come in and go "OMG WUT GUN SHULD I BYE?!11" because we ALL know how that turns out.

I do live in Halifax, and it seems we have a great group of folks out here, though unfortunately I have yet to meet any of them... But that'll come soon once I get some gear under my belt. Heh. Guess I need a belt too huh?

So yeah - I am pretty new but there are some things I wanted to point out:

Yes, I'm aware that airsoft is WAY different than clearsoft lol
Yes, I know that airsoft can be VERY expensive, and I'm more than prepared to not only accept that fact, but have already shelled out a few hundred to get my feet wet.
I want to be a sniper.

*GASP*

Actually, yes I know - it's basically a position of "Sit and wait" but I quite enjoy that... I'm more into the tactics (not saying you can't have/use tactics when it comes to AEG's, just personal preference) and would really like to be in the background. I'm not much for rushing into situations with guns blazing, though that's also entirely fun as well!

So another thing I'm not going to do is: "OMG WHAR CAHN U GHET TEH WARIOR L69 GUNZPLZKTHXBUY!1111oneone"

Hehe, Yes, I'm a noob. I already have one LOL

That being said - again - getting my feet wet.

Anyway, there's my little intro. Wanted to say Hi, and see what's shakin', tell a bit about myself.
I already am familiar with some of you as I've been a lurker for quite some time, just never really had any gumption to actually sign up and post stuff.

Well, now I do

So to everyone else: What's up?
enigmahack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2008, 00:40   #2
HELLFIRE989

Welcome to ASC

HELLFIRE989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2008, 01:32   #3
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
Wow...

Me thinks he read before posting... kickass.

Welcome to ASC, if you haven't yet (looks like you have though,) make the FAQs your best friend, that way you don't end up asking a question that's been asked a million times... people get cranky when it comes to spoonfeeding, and will likely tell you to go to Google or the FAQs anyway.

Anyway yeah, welcome, and good luck.
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Gunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2008, 01:45   #4
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
I applaud you sir, for being a newbie, but having little to no n00bness. Good job! Also, welcome. This place is crazy, as you'll soon find out!

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2008, 02:31   #5
enigmahack

Thanks so much for the welcome

I've already acquainted myself with the FAQ - seems pretty self-explanatory. (But then common sense isn't so common now is it... ;-) )

At any rate, it's easy to NOT be a noob... just follow this simple guide:

1 - Spell properly. No one likes "OMG WTF UR JUS JEALUS"
2 - Search. It's a button up top, says SEARCH on it.
3 - Respect. It's not YOUR board, treat it like a new friends house. Make yourself at home, but don't be a jerk.

That's basically it - otherwise the rest just comes lol

Thanks again
Old January 11th, 2008, 02:40   #6
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Hows that Warrior thing sniper doing? Can you actually get those 200-300 feet kills with it?
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2008, 02:50   #7
enigmahack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
Hows that Warrior thing sniper doing? Can you actually get those 200-300 feet kills with it?
Uhhh - I honestly have no idea. I've not really shot more than maybe 50 feet away, so I haven't tested it.

I do recall someone *I don't remember if it was in here* saying they had a sniper rifle that was upgraded to 700+ fps and could get consistent 300ft kills... Which seems a little ridiculous to me... what field is going to let someone on with a gun that hot.

Anyway, 2-300 feet - I don't know. I imagine that a bb could make it that far but not with any reasonable amount of accuracy.
Old January 11th, 2008, 02:53   #8
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmahack View Post
Anyway, 2-300 feet - I don't know. I imagine that a bb could make it that far but not with any reasonable amount of accuracy.
Heh, or retain any energy.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2008, 03:11   #9
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Quote:
So to everyone else: What's up?
Ever grab a bagel after it pops fresh outa the toast and try to butter it?
Damn things get pretty hot. Aside from that, just attempting to finish watching Blue Harvest the starwars spin off from Family guy.

Welcome to ASC, parkings in the back, electrified stalls are available but its 25dollars a month.

Oh and one of us is a cannibal, try and guess who, Im sure you will be pleasantly surprised.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2008, 03:12   #10
Amos

Furthest confirmed kill I've gotten from that thing stock was about 100 feet... And it was a damn lucky shot.

I threw in a PDI hopup chamber and a 6.03 650mm Angel barrel... Now I'm easily getting to 150 feet with very tight consistencies.

Those guns are excellent bases to upgrade off of
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2008, 03:25   #11
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Quote:
Uhhh - I honestly have no idea. I've not really shot more than maybe 50 feet away, so I haven't tested it.

I do recall someone *I don't remember if it was in here* saying they had a sniper rifle that was upgraded to 700+ fps and could get consistent 300ft kills... Which seems a little ridiculous to me... what field is going to let someone on with a gun that hot.

Don't need that much fps. At 350fps i was doing 1 hit 1 kill at 150-175 feet away. But a tightbore the length of a man does help i guess
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2008, 03:36   #12
skalnok

Quote:
Wow...

Me thinks he read before posting... kickass.
+1

its nice to see someone be responsible and use that not so common, common sense.

Welcome to ASC.
skalnok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2008, 06:14   #13
Sequential

Sounds reasonable, welcome to the forums.
Old January 11th, 2008, 06:18   #14
xandrewx

welcome
xandrewx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2008, 07:50   #15
Motaal

Welcome to the Forum, Good Luck Finding the proper Gear and Rifle/s.
Motaal is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General