Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

GSG-01, 3 tornado, 6 40MM showers.

:

Doctor's Corner

Old February 17th, 2010, 16:23   #16
Duckman

there's a couple ways you can use a larger co2 tank. most people with anything close to a large number of co2 nades will keep a larger co2 tank. if not we'd be going through HUNDREDS of the little 12 gram jobbies. the adaptor should fit on all the larger tanks like the 9 or 20oz tanks...i use a 20 and refill if it drops below 600psi.

now....you can either run the adaptor directly on teh tank and turn the whole thing upside down to fill like normal or you can actually run a paintball remote line to the tank and obviously attach the adaptor to the line. i've done both. running the remote makes life alot easier but it's an added expense with a risk of more seals to start leakign in the remote itself...bleed the line when you're done with it cus the remotes dont like to be fully pressurized forever. seals in those things are easy for the through and throughs but a little more complicated with the slide valve.
Old February 17th, 2010, 17:13   #17
deadbolt

yea.. i bought lots of lube
so i can buy one of those paintball style re-usable tanks for the madbull adaptor?
do i need anything? or do i just use the top part of the adaptor?

don't settle with words what you can accomplish with a flamethrower
deadbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2010, 17:14   #18
manchovie

Send a message via ICQ to manchovie Send a message via AIM to manchovie Send a message via MSN to manchovie
Contact our friendly service guy at exceptions@airsoft-innovations.com for help with your tornadoes. please don't use them with co2.

in case you're missing your documentation, you can download it here:
http://airsoft-innovations.com/international.html

my b/s rating
manchovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2010, 17:17   #19
deadbolt

oh sweet thanks! i needed the manuals!
i found a few great sites with how to's on takedowns and lubrication and a few other very importan cleaning facts.

well that's great to hear.. becuase i was dreading having to pay over 200 dollers for 500 12gr CO2 disposable tanks.
i'm a little surprised there aren't any re-usable ones to be honest ... hardly any re-usable 88 gram tanks to boot.

i'm still concerend about my GSG-1 than again .. i suppose since i only had one CO2 left i wasn't able to attempt all the trial and errors that were neccisary but the damn thing isn't working.... and no one out there in the world has any info on takedowns(field stripping, troubleshooting, inspection etc etc)
anybody here have one of these? MadBull GSG-1 stun grenade.

http://www.madbullairsoft.com/Englis...roducts_id=174

Last edited by deadbolt; February 17th, 2010 at 17:27..
Old February 17th, 2010, 17:57   #20
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbolt View Post
yea.. i bought lots of lube
so i can buy one of those paintball style re-usable tanks for the madbull adaptor?
do i need anything? or do i just use the top part of the adaptor?
First off, let me reiterate, unless you have 40mm showers that are capable of using CO2, do not use CO2 in them. The exception here is the GSG-1. Your 40mm grenades are designed to be used with green gas aka propane. Using CO2 is going to destroy your nades in no time. As stated before, you will have a hard time firing them and you will eventually blow the valves and seals.

I do not recommend using the CO2 adapters that do not have the pressure gauge as you cannot determine how much you are filling your device with. See, propane is different in that the max PSI is significantly lower than the max PSI in say a 20oz CO2 tank.

If you get or have the portable CO2 charger from MadBull, simply remove the cartridge cage and 12 gram cartridge. The cage has the same threading as a refillable tank. Pretty smart on MadBull's part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchovie View Post
please don't use them with co2.
Welcome to post #2!

Quote:
oh sweet thanks! i needed the manuals!
i found a few great sites with how to's on takedowns and lubrication and a few other very importan cleaning facts.

well that's great to hear.. becuase i was dreading having to pay over 200 dollers for 500 12gr CO2 disposable tanks.
i'm a little surprised there aren't any re-usable ones to be honest ... hardly any re-usable 88 gram tanks to boot.

i'm still concerend about my GSG-1 than again .. i suppose since i only had one CO2 left i wasn't able to attempt all the trial and errors that were neccisary but the damn thing isn't working.... and no one out there in the world has any info on takedowns(field stripping, troubleshooting, inspection etc etc)
anybody here have one of these? MadBull GSG-1 stun grenade.

http://www.madbullairsoft.com/Englis...roducts_id=174
I don't know what CO2 tanks your thinking about but there are plenty of refillable ones out there.

CO2 Tank examples:
9oz CO2 Tank

14oz CO2 Tank

24oz CO2 Tank

Of course you can find much better pricing and other sizes at your local paintball shop. ie. http://canadapaintball.com/catalog/co2-122-1.html

I'm not sure why you're having difficulty with the GSG-1. It's not rocket science to take it apart, clean and lube it. It's right on their site. Chapter 9: Maintenance.

http://www.madbullairsoft.com/doc/Ma...nstruction.pdf
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2010, 20:47   #21
deadbolt

okay.. i truly appreciate your patients with me.. for the first part, i've got all that imbedded in my brain.. written on the walls to memorize and not forget. thank you.

number two, i mainly wish to reiterate myself.. and thank you again for explaining in complete detail and being really kind as well.
the refillable CO2 tanks that i'm referring to are and were the paintball style ones, and it was for my gsg-1 i am not going to spend the ridiculous amount of money on disposable CO2 tanks... it's beyond stupid.. better to buy a 50-60 dollar large tank, and an adaptor cord and not deal with constant shipping.. etc. same goes for the metal propane adaptor with silicone oil cup instead of wasting money on a bottles or 'green gas' and it's varieties.

the gsg-1 yes can be taken down quite simply, yes i have read other bit and pieces about it, unfortunately no one is talking about troubleshooting.. so how am i supposed to know what's wrong if i i've never seen one go off? yes i've watched the videos on youtube, they are beyond shitty quality, and the only thing that i have noticed different about mine is that the pin doesn't seem to rise... but then again the quality of the video is suspect and i'm too sure if the pin does rise (i don't think it's supposed too)
i've stated in my original post that i've taken it apart, and i've lubed it up, i've also stated that nothing was out of the ordinary (to my untrained eye, not having anything to go on...)

thanks again for your quick and helpful responses...

Last edited by deadbolt; February 17th, 2010 at 20:53..
Old February 17th, 2010, 23:19   #22
Kos-Mos

I just watched the video on Madbull's website about the GSG-1.

Even with the crappy quality, if you are listening to what the guy says, you will understand that if your pin does not rise, you either have to clean/lube the nade, or adjust the timer with the top allen screw.

The tanks he linked are all paintball tanks.

If you are referring to the small 1" by 6" tanks, these are usually not refillable, and are for BB guns rather than paintball.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2010, 23:39   #23
deadbolt

yes, and of course i've done that..
it's not that simple sadly.
how i wish it were.

Old February 18th, 2010, 10:11   #24
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
okay.. i truly appreciate your patients with me.. for the first part, i've got all that imbedded in my brain.. written on the walls to memorize and not forget. thank you.

number two, i mainly wish to reiterate myself.. and thank you again for explaining in complete detail and being really kind as well.
the refillable CO2 tanks that i'm referring to are and were the paintball style ones, and it was for my gsg-1 i am not going to spend the ridiculous amount of money on disposable CO2 tanks... it's beyond stupid.. better to buy a 50-60 dollar large tank, and an adaptor cord and not deal with constant shipping.. etc. same goes for the metal propane adaptor with silicone oil cup instead of wasting money on a bottles or 'green gas' and it's varieties.

the gsg-1 yes can be taken down quite simply, yes i have read other bit and pieces about it, unfortunately no one is talking about troubleshooting.. so how am i supposed to know what's wrong if i i've never seen one go off? yes i've watched the videos on youtube, they are beyond shitty quality, and the only thing that i have noticed different about mine is that the pin doesn't seem to rise... but then again the quality of the video is suspect and i'm too sure if the pin does rise (i don't think it's supposed too)
i've stated in my original post that i've taken it apart, and i've lubed it up, i've also stated that nothing was out of the ordinary (to my untrained eye, not having anything to go on...)

thanks again for your quick and helpful responses...
Get the AI propane adapter if you haven't ordered it already. Seriously a foolproof item that works extremely well.

I don't have a GSG-1 in hand to help you figure it out but you could try and PM Jugglez at airsoftparts.ca. He had some for sale at one point and I know he takes the time to understand the products he sells.

You could also inquire about maintenance kits for your KA nades and the GSG-1.
Old February 18th, 2010, 16:53   #25
deadbolt

okay will do.. thanks a lot.
i've got some shit to buy from ASparts so i'm there quite often anyway :P

you mentioned something about someone and yourself somewhere on this site having already posted about KA nades takedowns and puting them back together ... or am i putting words in your mouth?
i'm asking becuase one of the KA nades has a rattle.. and i think it's the ball bearing.. i think they're loose.

Old February 18th, 2010, 18:10   #26
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
okay will do.. thanks a lot.
i've got some shit to buy from ASparts so i'm there quite often anyway :P

you mentioned something about someone and yourself somewhere on this site having already posted about KA nades takedowns and puting them back together ... or am i putting words in your mouth?
i'm asking becuase one of the KA nades has a rattle.. and i think it's the ball bearing.. i think they're loose.
you're putting words in my mouth! I still have my patience so I will say this. re-read this thread. the answers are there. if not, you've been directed into how to find them.

my period of spoon feeding in this thread is nearing it's end.

I have never handled a KA nade but I can't imagine it being that different from the MadBulls or mosquito's. also you have answered yourself regarding the rattle which has also been answered on how to fix it.

now if you have new questions, then simply ask.
Old February 19th, 2010, 11:37   #27
Kos-Mos

There is two types of KA nades.

I will open mine right now to give you an idea on how it works.

I have the type that does not need resetting, but the internal position of things should be the same.

Pics in a minute.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2010, 13:24   #28
deadbolt

Quote:
as for the grenade, try to search with my name or Duckman on repairs and maintenance. I know the two of us have posted plenty here but you'll have to go look for it. sorry

your words not mine mate.... although in your defense you did say grenade so you are probably talking about the Tornado grenade.

thanks for the help Kos.

Old February 19th, 2010, 15:06   #29
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
your words not mine mate.... although in your defense you did say grenade so you are probably talking about the Tornado grenade.

thanks for the help Kos.
40mm showers not the tornado's. and if you searched, you'd know we only play with the CO2 MadBull's.
Old February 23rd, 2010, 01:31   #30
deadbolt

okay, well i can tell your patients is wearing thin and i'm sorry about all my redundant and repetitive questions.. and i'll try to limit it to this last one.
how do you attach a refillable co2 tank to a madbull portable charger? i bought a tank and a hose and i can't find a video on youtube and Google only gave me one option.. and it had nothing to do with airsoft

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner