Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

GSG-01, 3 tornado, 6 40MM showers.

:

Doctor's Corner

Old February 14th, 2010, 15:59   #1
deadbolt

GSG-01, 3 tornado, 6 40MM showers.

hello, I recently bought a M79 CAW full stock and it came with 6 40MM grenades, two M781 42rds 8mm, and 4 other silver ones that I can't seem to find the name of. (Pics will be included)
The grenades fired nice for a few random test fires; than once I changed the gas they no longer work anymore.
some YouTube videos showed people applying Green Gas into the nade, so I bought some tried it out but I didn't receive a sufficient seal, not only was there leaking but hardly any made it into the reservoir.
I own the mad bull Co2 adaptor and I have fire power green gas. The 12gr Co2 cartages I used were some left over Crossman ones I had from a pellet gun that I spent too much on.
As far as takedowns or field stripping is concerned I don't have the confidence I think required to just watch a random YouTube video and git-r-dun. I was able to do that with my 416 but granted there are shit-loads of forum threads on 'how too's" for that specific model.
What I would like from you guys, is mainly just to help me expand my learning, I’m so far self taught when it comes to these fun lil things... so all I think I need maybe are new o-rings, maybe a new valvue, and of course new seals. Unfortunately I have no idea how to know if they need all of these things.
common sense would dictate that since Green Gas isn't flowing then you have a seal issue... but Co2 goes into a few of them. So if you know of a 1, 2, 3 with showers than I’d be a grateful person.

here are my nades.

tornado grenade +3

King Arms 162rnd shower +4

top rubber peive missing on both of these nades.

1/4 of the rubber is missing.

my gsg-1

M781 42rds 8mm

So, second on the docket are my grenades.
3 tornado grenades black V-5(I’m assuming) and one gsg-1 stun grenade.
I have no idea how to use any of these... according to the threads I’ve read and the videos I’ve watched they are easy to take down... but they still don't tell me how to 'trouble shoot'(?)
The gsg-1 takes Co2 only from what I understand, and when I opened it up I noticed it was well lubricated and it was quite clean. The pin slides quite nice but isn't loose... and the primer doesn't move... so that tells me there is something wrong with it. since in the videos I’ve watched if there is gas in the reservoir than the pin should move up or down as long as the screw isn't too tight (which it isn't, that's the first thing I checked).
The tornado grenades have not been used yet... mainly because I’m out of Co2 ... sue me
But I’m still going to ask about them because I don't want to have to bother you guys any further.
I only have one question and that is, none of these things have been used for about a year (so says the previous owner) what should I be looking for in relation to this information?
Should I buy all new parts for them (that could be butt fucking expensive!)
Do you know of any places that have better sales than airsoftparts??

Thank you very much for any and all help
Thank you...

DB

don't settle with words what you can accomplish with a flamethrower

Last edited by deadbolt; February 14th, 2010 at 18:51..
deadbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2010, 16:30   #2
coach
aka coachster

don't use CO2 in the tornados. use propane.

the 4 unknown 40mm nades are king arms. the rubber missing is an oring used to retain the BB's in the tube.

also, only use propane or green gas in the king arms nades!
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2010, 17:13   #3
deadbolt

as i earlier stated the green gas doesn't seem to stay in the nades..
i have the propain adaptor with silicon oil, so all i need to do is buy a hose and the tank

thank you for your quick responce and information.

update* the tornado grenades work... but i'm missing one of the plugs on the bottem ... easy fix

Old February 14th, 2010, 17:24   #4
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbolt View Post
i have the propain adaptor with silicon oil, so all i need to do is buy a hose and the tank

update* the tornado grenades work... but i'm missing one of the plugs on the bottem ... easy fix
You don't need a hose...
These adapter is made for small green camping cans. It will never work with a large BBQ tank because you need to have the tank unside-down to have liquid propane in there. The large tanks all have safeties that prevent that.

You do know that you have to put the grenade then the tank upside-down on the top and press?

If you tried to leave the tank (CO2, GreenGas or Propane) up-right, then that is your problem.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2010, 18:21   #5
deadbolt

no sadly i wish it were that simple.
like said, i've watched tons of videos of people filling etc... and i just mimic what they did.

Old February 15th, 2010, 18:16   #6
coach
aka coachster

Quote:

green gas and propane are the same but you're throwing money away on green gas. you do not need a hose as Kos-Mos mentioned. a large tank with a hose could, in theory, work but the liquid gas will likely vaporize in the hose which will decrease the total volume you can transfer into the nade. plus, you'd need to have the large tank upside down to get any liquid propane to transfer.

as for the gas not staying in, you need to reset the valves by pressing them in until it clicks. the button the pin strikes should be flush with the back of the nade. if it is set in, you''l need to reset it.

if it doesn't reset, open it up and check to see that all the bearings are there. use a bit of grease to hold them in place. also check all internall orings to see if any are damaged. replace as necessary and give them a liberal lubrication.
Old February 15th, 2010, 18:24   #7
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachster View Post
green gas and propane are the same but you're throwing money away on green gas. you do not need a hose as Kos-Mos mentioned. a large tank with a hose could, in theory, work but the liquid gas will likely vaporize in the hose which will decrease the total volume you can transfer into the nade. plus, you'd need to have the large tank upside down to get any liquid propane to transfer.

as for the gas not staying in, you need to reset the valves by pressing them in until it clicks. the button the pin strikes should be flush with the back of the nade. if it is set in, you''l need to reset it.

if it doesn't reset, open it up and check to see that all the bearings are there. use a bit of grease to hold them in place. also check all internall orings to see if any are damaged. replace as necessary and give them a liberal lubrication.
A large tank simply won't work.

Since 1996 all tanks are require to have a safety that prevent liquid propane from leaving the tanks.

Also, I have two 168rnd grenades that do not need resetting...

They just go off, then I fill then back. Design is different apparently. On mine, the mobile portion is a bit recessed in the nade body.
Old February 15th, 2010, 20:14   #8
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos-Mos View Post

Since 1996 all tanks are require to have a safety that prevent liquid propane from leaving the tanks.
are you 100% on that? not saying you aren't but I'm going off of the MAC Propane Refill Adapter thread:

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...refill+propane

I am under the assumption that since the above adapter can be used to refill a coleman tank, that liquid propane does in fact leaves the tank without modification. is the safety valve bypassed with the adapter? it would be nearly impossible to transfer vaporized gas and compress it back into a liquid without more equipment.
Old February 15th, 2010, 20:20   #9
Kos-Mos

I can only guess that the adapter keeps the valve open.

You can actually see the label on the side of the large tank stating that there is a safety to prevent liquid propane from exiting the tank...
Old February 16th, 2010, 19:10   #10
deadbolt

hmm ... well i opened up one of the 168rnd KA now there is a rattle.. my assumption is that the bearing (5 i think) are lose... guess i'll need to locate a doctor, or perhaps find a how to guide.

the propane adaptor, okay didn't know if i did or did not need a hose.. thank you for that.
i was just going to buy a refilable tank ... well two actualy.. one co2 and one propane.
did i read correctly, the madbull adaptor will connect with a refilable tank? preferably large??

thanks
DB

Old February 16th, 2010, 20:37   #11
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
hmm ... well i opened up one of the 168rnd KA now there is a rattle.. my assumption is that the bearing (5 i think) are lose... guess i'll need to locate a doctor, or perhaps find a how to guide.

the propane adaptor, okay didn't know if i did or did not need a hose.. thank you for that.
i was just going to buy a refilable tank ... well two actualy.. one co2 and one propane.
did i read correctly, the madbull adaptor will connect with a refilable tank? preferably large??

thanks
DB
you actually need to purchase the disposable coleman tanks from canadian tire, home depot or rona etc...

the refillable ones will not have the same threading.

as for the grenade, try to search with my name or Duckman on repairs and maintenance. I know the two of us have posted plenty here but you'll have to go look for it. sorry

the madbull CO2 adapter is not going to work on a propane tank, you need a propane specific adapter. now the CO2 adapter will fit on HPA tanks.

Last edited by coach; February 16th, 2010 at 20:40..
Old February 16th, 2010, 20:55   #12
Soulfly

Send a message via MSN to Soulfly
Does CO2 Run better than Propane?
Old February 16th, 2010, 21:12   #13
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
Does CO2 Run better than Propane?
yes but you NEED to have CO2 capable grenades.

any of the MadBull XM series showers: XM204HP, XM108XP, and the XMPB4

other showers are capable of running CO2, but you'll be running such low PSI that you're better off using propane. if you over pressurize with CO2, ie 300psi+, the valve will be near impossible to depress. example, the m922A1 I had were propane only but I tired a little over 300 psi on CO2 and the valve locked up. nearly broke the firing pin on my AGX launcher.

and let me tell you, nades at anything less than 600psi is a waste of time. take a CO2 nade at 800psi and you can reach out and lick someone right good!

propane is okay for indoors where your engagements range is a lot closer and the lower psi that propane is makes it a lot safer if someone whips around a corner on you as you are clearing a room or something.

Last edited by coach; February 16th, 2010 at 21:15..
Old February 17th, 2010, 15:36   #14
deadbolt

okay so what about re-usable co2 tanks in the madbull adaptor... ??

is it okay to dry fire the 40mm showers?

Old February 17th, 2010, 16:16   #15
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
okay so what about re-usable co2 tanks in the madbull adaptor... ??

is it okay to dry fire the 40mm showers?
a CO2 paintball tank can be used or you can use the 12 gram single use cartridges.

yes it is okay to dry fire once or twice but it will put more wear on the valve than if you have BB's loaded. as always though, make sure to lubricate and add a drop or two of lube every few fills.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner