http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

:

Gear Discussion

Old August 3rd, 2012, 10:15   #1
-Skeletor-

Last edited by -Skeletor-; June 8th, 2014 at 15:12..
Old August 3rd, 2012, 10:33   #2
oniwagamaru
Occifer

I know its for batteries but...
http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=27383

Might work?
REGULAR GUY
Certified Level 34 Autosniper
μολών λαβε
oniwagamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2012, 12:04   #3
Oborous

What's your purpose of carrying a TQ? If it's a knock off TQ, just don't carry it, seriously don't carry it. If it's real, then you may wish to carry. (I carry TQ's for shooting on the range, but leave it on my gear for airsoft so I don't develop habits that expect the TQ not to be there)

TQ's have developed quite a bit in the last few years, many are much more UV resistant than before, especially with improvements in the windlass. Many .mil carry one externally for 'oh shit', and then one in the trauma kit. The Blue Force Gear Trauma Kit now is a fantastic piece of kit, I carry a second TQ in there. I have tried the BFQ TQ Now strapping system, don't like it so much (though it's fantastic for retaining hydration hoses). I've found most large pistol mag pouches hold a TQ nicely, as well as compact flashlight pouches. I have tried various specific TQ pouches and generally find them lacking. Right now I'm carrying my 'oh shit' TQ exposed with rigger rubber bands, I've seen some simple setups with shock cord. Inherently if you have been pierced by something that requires a TQ, you have a serious infection issue so having an exposed TQ isn't actually a problem (Yes, I realize that TQ's can be used for massive crushing damage where their isn't a hole where there shouldnt' be one)
Oborous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2012, 12:12   #4
SINN

Send a message via MSN to SINN
Ferro makes one and SOE gear makes a nice one. but you would have the shipping charges etc.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 12:13   #5
WhiskeySix

VooDoo Tactical makes one. Look for places that carry VooDoo gear, they should atleast be able to order one in. I can't find the link on their products page, but it is in their catalogue. Niagara Quartermaster (www.niagaraquartermaster.com) has some. Email them for a quote with shipping and taxes.
WhiskeySix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2012, 12:16   #6
FoxhoundNB

If you're carrying a CAT, I cut the threading that divided two channels of molle (on one, maybe two rows only) and then set the CAT up for one handed use, and then slipped the velcro upward through the molle, so It holds in place and I just have to pull down forcefully and it'll come off and be ready for one handed application. Alternatively you can rig something up using shockcord and/or a slip knot.
FoxhoundNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2012, 12:58   #7
Azathoth

Skeletor.

Are you using regular elastic bands or Riggers bands (parachut bands)? Riggers bands are far more durable than the elastic bands that you will see at a hardware store and are UV resistant. I"ve used Riggers bands on my chest rig and gone through the usual sand/mud/dirt without breakage, it's how i currently stow one of the CATS onto my rig aside from the one in the IFAK. (If you want some PM me and i'll send you some, they must be purchased by the pound).

I think what you are looking for is the SOTECH 'pouch'. It's basically a plastic bag that the CAT sits inside with a quick release system. That may get you what you need. The Gen 2 has just been shown off at some outdoor tradeshow. Considering how simple a design this pouch is after watching the video you can probably jury rig something on your own with scrap material and save yourself some money.

http://specopstech.com/osc/product_i...oducts_id=1954

EDIT:

You could try the flashbang/baton/flashlight pouches. You may be able to cram a CAT into that. Although a Pistol Taco pouch would probably work better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory

Last edited by Azathoth; August 3rd, 2012 at 13:03..
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2012, 13:13   #8
FoxhoundNB

I keep one CAT in the FAK and one exposed on my rig; the one on my rig set up for one hand operation and the one in my FAK set up for two hand. Even that SOTECH thing seems really finicky when it's an "oh shit" moment. If we're talking about real use, if you notice the velcro losing it's effectiveness (properly stored even exposed, the velcro should be protected) they're cheap enough to replace every few months.
FoxhoundNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2012, 00:06   #9
Farmboy

My suggestions to try in no real order:

40mm pouch
BFG M4 Ten Speed?
Smoke pouch
Large OC pouch
Farmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion