Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

P90 Slings?

:

Accessories Discussion

Old November 27th, 2014, 03:00   #1
Slodin

P90 Slings?

I can't believe it's that hard to find a P90 sling.
Well, I have found a few, but it's either way too expensive or it's not the one I'm looking for. The one I'm looking for are those that wraps around the buttstock then wraps into the thumb hole and back. What I have found on evike and many many other sites are the ones that only wraps around the buttstock and then using a 2 point sling to complete the setup.

I know the vest guy sells this, but it's such an expensive sling. Isn't there a replica version of this that runs cheaper?? :banghead:
Old November 27th, 2014, 07:51   #2
kalnaren

I wouldn't mind finding one of those as well.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2014, 11:21   #3
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

nope.

Unless you want the flash hider sling adapter and rear sling plate mount, but the flashhider/outer barrel is very weak you don't want to be holding the weight of the gun on it. I've seen realsteel configs like that.

there's the rear slot where you can mount the sling adapter for a 1 point.

The vestguy has several pretty shitty options to choose from plus a stargate style adaptation, which seems to be the one that's worth anything that isn't just a bunch of 1.5" webbing with shitty plastic hardware and a few lines of stitching.

There's the actual stargate screen accurate repro sling.. http://www.stitchsloft.com/loft/scre...-p-90-harness/ that's super expensive but I think it's the best one, but it limits your 2nd line options since it's a harness that fits under a vest. So if you wear a plate carrier it sort of fucks you over.

Technically all you need is the band that wraps behind the buttstock through the back of the thumbhole with some hardware and you can use any 1 point you want and it rests higher than using the adapter plate at the back/bottom. You can make that with 1" webbing, a buckle and 2 triglides. Then stitch in a loop in the webbing that you can slip a loop of some sort through to hook a 1 point on. It's not too much stitching you could do it by hand, it'll be a bitch though. That's about 10 bucks worth of stuff. You could also take it to a tailor or alterations place and have them run the stitch for you on an industrial machine.

If you have a tri rail config you can rail mount a magpul rsa or any other rail mount sling loop as well with the rear mount to give you 2 point options.

Those are your only options for p90 slinging. Expensive Stargate style or buy the expensive mounts and use an existing 1 or 2 point.

Last edited by lurkingknight; November 27th, 2014 at 11:24..
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2014, 12:16   #4
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Check out wgc shop. They have a few p90 sling attachments.

I personally have the project 90 swivel sling and love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2014, 14:04   #5
Slodin

I try not to use any of the sling adapters, cause I'm not sure the airsoft P90 plastic body would be durable for it. Specially the single point adapter that goes into that hole on the buttstock. Mine runs a extended stock plate, and it's feels wayyyy to cheap to handle that.

Reason I'm using to get that loopy loop setup is just because it seems way better for airsoft use to put less stress on the plastic body. I tried with a shoe lace LOL, and that setup works pretty good. TBH, I have the 2nd part of that sling, but the previous owner of the P90 lost the part of the sling that attaches the p90 to that 2nd part.
Old November 27th, 2014, 14:11   #6
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

the body is pretty strong, I've not heard of one breaking with use of the rear sling adapter.
Old November 27th, 2014, 14:28   #7
nstahl.19

Same here I've been looking for a sling too and I also run an extended buttstock, it's pretty beefy same with the sling point and definitely feels like the most solid piece on the gun. Tho I can't seem too find that same stock anymore.

I'd much rather run one of those slings that go thru the thumb hole as well but will it be able to fit with that stock which extends the gun about 3, maybe 4 inches?

I need to run like that due to my battery setup and the p90 is just so damn small lol. And I don't like those conversion kits.

Last edited by nstahl.19; November 27th, 2014 at 15:47..
nstahl.19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2014, 14:54   #8
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

If you can sew minimally, it's easy to build a 1 point sling with nylon straps and plastic buckles. I made one for my P90 and I just clip it to my gear, or wear a sling loop around my body.

I tried the "Stargate SG1" type sling and I hated it. Look cool on tv, but it's not functionnal at all in real life.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2014, 15:01   #9
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
The project 90 adapters as I said are very nice. Ive been running mine for about two years and have not had any problems with it. You can get three different styles of them as well. The silly jock strap for your p90 just looks goofy in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2014, 17:13   #10
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

if you're always upright the stargate style one works just fine, but becomes an issue when you go prone.

If you have the extended buttstock then the stargate style loop around the body will be harder to do I think. It needs to be super tight so it doesn't pull away unless you add the belly strap sewn to it like the vestguy style on the gun side.

http://www.thevestguy.com/product/10...0-sg-tac-sling
http://www.thevestguy.com/product_im...MULTICAMO1.jpg

It looks like TVG does the gun side with just velcro where stitch/SG does it with a buckle and the loop that clips to the harness itself is floating on the gun side loop so it has room to slide around a bit. I've seen one actual p90 sling that is TVG's style but sewn instead of velcroed.

In this case TVG's buckle is anchored at the thumb side so if you do something like that you'll need an extension so it will hang lower to make room for your stock.
Old November 27th, 2014, 18:01   #11
DustMagnet

+1 for make your own. Mine is nylon webbing, velcro and a single metal D-ring. Goes through the sling slot and thumbhole and I clip an MS2 sling on it.

I also have a Cazador rear stock strap by Sling Guru but I've never tried it since it's designed to work with the Sling Guru Tactical Rifle Sling, which I do not have.

DustMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2014, 16:47   #12
Slodin

lol..my friend just tied a shoe lace a couple times through and around that sling hole with a buckle. it works perfectly with the 2nd piece of the sling I had...probably turn it into nylon sometime but for the time being..it seems it's gonna hold pretty well. the gun itself is light so i think it's okay, I only need the sling when I need both of my hands to do stuff..I draw my pistol always with my right and my left usually stays on the gun, unlike some people who throws their primary on the side and let the sling do the job to keep the gun aside..

it's hard to find the right size nylon at any local stores..
Old December 8th, 2014, 00:35   #13
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

go to MEC. They should have 1" nylon webbing for climbing gear.
Old December 16th, 2014, 01:10   #14
JosephSSmith

There are many sites which offers Some P90 Sling but with 1 point and it doesn't fit my needs, i found some others but very expensive.

Last edited by JosephSSmith; December 16th, 2014 at 02:10..
JosephSSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2014, 06:37   #15
ebfud

You could always commission Perroz Designs or Ferro Concepts to make it for you.
They both make custom gear with high grade components.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
I say we go over there, knock on their door and politely ask them to stop...with a cruise-missile...to the face.
ebfud is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion