Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

airsoft adds up pretty dam fast

:

General

Old February 7th, 2008, 19:27   #61
BrickHouse

Simply,

compared to paintball airsoft is dirt cheap, spent over 5000$ on my gun and kit alone, not to metion the average 400$ on paint i've blown in a 2 day event.

Speedball is what I play, major cash cow! :banghead:

One of many reasons I've decided to give airsoft a chance.

This sport just needs to find structure..... and public fields!
BrickHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 20:28   #62
Tankdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by vondnik View Post
then the GF desides she want's a EBR kit for her springfield m1a.....
Mine wants a simple bolt action 12 gauge. So easy to please. Time to go browse the CGN EE
Tankdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 20:33   #63
Sergeantmajor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdude View Post
Mine wants a simple bolt action 12 gauge. So easy to please. Time to go browse the CGN EE
i hope thats sarcasm. you GF really wants a bolt action shotgun...?

be reasonable...
Sergeantmajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2008, 00:26   #64
Rumpel Felt

Send a message via MSN to Rumpel Felt
I have spent literally every penny just about that I've made in my entire life on airsoft at one point or another. But I get it back when I sell out or sell new stuff or ...ya. I've got about $1500 in guns and gear currently to my name. My cash flow goes in and out of it which is perpetuated by my emotions.

Seriously, my emotions rarely drive anything for me, but for airsoft that's all it is. I fall in love with a gun one day after viewing it or fondling it at a game and I must have it. I the usually get bored of it and sell it to fund a new love. Sometimes I look back and feel dispare towards a love I have parted with which has led to the repurchase of such guns as a G36C, MP5 A2 and an M9.

I've often had lust with certain guns and gear too. I purchased a rather pricey vest at one point because it looked sexy only to find I hate wearing tac vests. I had a P90 on two occasions for only days or weeks before losing intrest and breaking up with it.

Some guns are really pretty on the outside but they're nasty on the inside I warn you. They are know as bitches.

I still long for true love with the perfect gun. I think I've found true LUST with my SPAS 12 with folding stock as it's so sexy and rare, I can't see myself ever getting rid of it.
Rumpel Felt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2008, 00:31   #65
dodger_me

I have probably spent 2500 or so, Probably another grand by the end of the month... Yay for Upgrades Camo and Ciras!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Andrew. View Post
turns out i had to take the battey out of the stock and charge it right from the battery wire..not the wire that connects to the gun
dodger_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2008, 00:55   #66
BBS

Send a message via MSN to BBS
simply put, airsoft is my life.
BBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2008, 01:02   #67
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

I'm afraid to count how much I spent...
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2008, 03:03   #68
8skippy40

Send a message via MSN to 8skippy40
i just found good deals on stuff as well. got my felctarn tac vest for 40 dolla off ebay. got 6 tm g36 mid caps with the dummy rounds for 15 dolla each. got a my flectarn uni for about 60 dollars. just gotta find the good deals and it makes things resaonable. i bougt a cyma ak74 instead of a tm and put 100 dollars upgrades into and its just as good as a tm in my opinion. same with the JG G36C i got.
8skippy40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 19:56   #69
achanman

Yeah im just as bad Glock 17, sig p226, ksc usp, tm m4 with king arms casv , echo 1 ebr, 551 replica, aimpoint replica, spas 12, uhc super 9, circas 511 tdu pants and the new one I cant remember the name, oakley boots,
i cant rmember what else but my wife is getting choked, I keep telling her i trade for this stuff, Little does she know. Thank god i do Cash jobs and dont tell her how much i really make. LOL
Old June 5th, 2008, 20:38   #70
Crunchmeister

Well, it seems my ealier post from January wasn't quite accurate. I did buy several more guns since then. Here's a rough rundown:

TM M4A1 - $500
CA M15A4 rifle - $700
Real Sword Type 56 - $890
JG MP5 - $300
JG 416 - $360
A&K M249 - $800 (acquired on a trade + cash, but that's the value of the gun)
KJW M9 - $300
KSC Glock 17 - $280
TM Sig Sauer P226 - $280
WA Beretta M92FS INOX - $250
WA Colt 1911 - $ 200
UHC USP .45 NBB - $60
TF M11 - $200 (was a trade, but that's what the M11 sold for and what I was asking for my parts)
WE Luger P08 - $230

Grand total: $5350

Add to that the upgrades...
  • I've sunk about $600 extra into my M4 to convert it to an all metal C8A2
  • I've upgraded the M15 to the tune of about $300 plus added the CA ELCAN replica for $150
  • Added a metal front end to the MP5 for $50
  • Added a full stock, barrel extender, new flash hider, rail cover, front grip and EOTech replica to the 416 - $225
  • added Creation metal slide and other high performance internals to the P226 - $250
  • Added metal slide & tightbore to Glock 17 - $150
That's another $1725 bringing the total to $7175

And I've bought shitloads of spare mags, slings, high capacity batteries, gun cases, etc which probably cost me at least another $500 or more. And I'm sure I'm missing some stuff here too.

So for the guns and their accessories, I'm looking at about $7500 since last October, not counting the actual gear like the BDU, goggles, vest etc...

Last edited by Crunchmeister; June 5th, 2008 at 20:47..
Crunchmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 21:01   #71
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
I've spent a bunch of money buying and selling/fixing guns, usually making back equal or more than I put in but sometimes there's bum guns that you just can't fix and you lose that money. I'm building 2 guns right now for cheap. About 500-600 total for 2 plastic body metal-ris M4 and M16 because I got almost an entire gun minus the mechbox for $50!

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 21:11   #72
Armandhammer

Send a message via MSN to Armandhammer
This thread makes me nervous...

"Airsoft will be taken seriously, but it will never be forgotten that airsoft is just a game. Treat every player with respect and honor."
Armandhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 21:20   #73
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Its only bad if you decide to attempt to buy everything all at once.
The trouble is forcing yourself to space everything out. If your paitent enough and have the time to bargain hunt its not terribly expensive at all. If you are impaitent and have to have everything right away you will end up paying more, and of course there is always crazy impusle buys as well...you know thats going to be a problem when you have 3 or 4 pairs of binoculars depending on what mood you are in.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 21:23   #74
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
Its only bad if you decide to attempt to buy everything all at once.
<holds up hand>
Guilty!
Old June 5th, 2008, 21:35   #75
jameskersten

The sport is really only as expensive as you make it. If you want to own 10 guns and have every type of BDU, LBV, and all the other crap you can add on then, yeah its hella expensive. But if you choose what you buy based on what you really need/want then its not that bad. I will admit I have spent close to $6000 or so in the past year (ptw was expensive, and really if I wanted to just use my ICS I could have) but I honestly haven't bought anything that I either dont need or use weekly or at minimum would at a milsim. At the same time I could have spend way less and done without some of the things I bought but I have the money so I buy as I need things. Everything I buy is for a reason not just cause it sounds cool. Well except the AI gernade I bought last week!
One piece of advice I can give a new guy to the sport is to go out and try as much different stuff before you buy. I tried almost everything I bought by borrowing from teammates before I bought. I saved a huge amount of money by not buying 2-3 before settling. i know what I wanted and went from there.

Victoria Area Age Verifier
jameskersten is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General