Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Padding a loose slide

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old February 28th, 2006, 02:55   #1
The Saint

Padding a loose slide

I've recently purchased a WE Dragon. As those who own one can attest, the slide sits a bit loose on the lower receiver, allowing it to wobble sideways. I was wondering how feasible would it be to pad the gap with a little bit of aluminum tape to reduce the wobble. Having little experience with aluminum tape or metal slides, I don't know how they'd mix together. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.
Old February 28th, 2006, 03:13   #2
Raw Deal

The tape will just make a mess.As long as the gap does not look defective, I would leave it alone.
Gary Paul Johnston: on selecting a new MEU (SOC) 1911 pistol-Whatever happens,there's no doubt that a "few good men" will once again carry the finest combat pistol in the world and we can only pray that a lot of bad men will regret it.

Coyote tan is the new black...
Raw Deal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2006, 09:17   #3
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
I worked on two WE Dragons last weekend, didn't find the slides at all loose, at least not any more so than other GBBs I've worked on. I did find a couple issues with them that I fixed though, but a loose slide wasn't one of them.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2006, 10:43   #4
Black_Orchid

As long as it doesn't effect its performance, I wouldn't touch it. If it does, maybe you should take it to a gun doctor.

Stalker, what problems did you find with the Dragons that you worked on out of curiosity?

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain
Black_Orchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2006, 13:24   #5
firemachine69

A tighter slide isn't always desirable...
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2006, 13:41   #6
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Orchid
As long as it doesn't effect its performance, I wouldn't touch it. If it does, maybe you should take it to a gun doctor.

Stalker, what problems did you find with the Dragons that you worked on out of curiosity?
Well, one of the grip safties had popped out before delivery, and because of that the middle flat spring wasn't sitting on the hammer sear, causing the hammer to not latch back. The same gun didn't have enough oil in the blowback boat/nozzle, so the hammer would also catch on the underside of the slide and jam it open. Had to put a finger in to pull the hammer down to release the slide. After I sorted out the flat spring needing to be put on the hammer sear, the gun started working properly. Which is good because it was only shooting in full auto. Lol

The other issue I found on one, but was able to fix and prevent on the other, was a peice of the inner slide was jamming on the hammer/valve linkage return lever. When the hammer hits, the linkage moves forward to strike the release valve, then the cycling slide trips the lever which pulls the linkage backwards to reset it. Basically, I used a needle file to angle and round off both the lever backside and the part of the slide that kept jamming into it.

Aside from those, there haven't been any other problems I've found (ok, one had a leaky mag and still does). Considering that I'd never even seen the inside of any type of HiCapa before last week, I figured things out pretty good! :lol:
Old February 28th, 2006, 15:42   #7
The Saint

Fair enough, I'll leave her as she is. Will finally get to see how she shoots outside Saturday. Thanks folks. :tup:
Old February 28th, 2006, 16:07   #8
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

The 30ft in my basement I use as a range, it shot pretty damn good, roughly about the same as my fully upgraded (including a 6.04mm tightbore) G19 using 0.30g BBs. I got the sights on the Dragon set (is cool, the adjust screws click!) and was able to get decent 4" groups at the point of aim with 0.25g BBs and propane. Am sure you'll be quite happy with it's performance! Just sucks you have to take it apart to adjust the hop up.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications