Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

time to buy my first rifle and i have afew questions for you pro's

:

Newbie Tank

Old August 9th, 2009, 02:58   #1
Semi Pro

time to buy my first rifle and i have afew questions for you pro's

so i have been playing airsoft with my buddys for a year or so with only a pair of pistols and its time for me to stick alittle money in my hobby.

i have been looking at many diffrent brands of airsoft rifles, and im starting to wonder if i really want to spend $400 on a marui m16 or if for an ocasional player i would be better off with a much cheeper jing gong?

im looking at this gun right now http://www.uncompany.com/pageproduct...p?prodid=24481

i really like the look of the s-system and what brand i buy, i would like it to be an m16

will the JG hold up or is it a waste of money? ( i only get to play twice a month, 7 months out of the year if it lasts a year i will be happy )

is there a better gun in between these prices that i am overlooking?

as always thanks for the help guys
Semi Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2009, 03:48   #2
ginnz

real nice.... 'cept that gun here would cost ya 600+ bucks,welcome to canada....and JG is pretty good! i have an M4 SIR, and its tough, takes a beating... ....
ginnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2009, 03:52   #3
Oberst08

Everyone's going to tell you to get Age Verified, so i might as well be the first to say it. Once you get AV'd you can get the classifieds and then get a little more with the gun (ie battery etc) and a little more reasonably priced as well.

As for not wanting to fork out 400 bones, well, the long and short of it is, assuming you've kinda picked your way through the forums, is you get what you pay for. you wanna buy a $179 gun? you get $179 quality. Same is said for more expensive guns generally, if I understand all this correctly.
Oberst08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2009, 04:02   #4
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

you should get age verified, and you'll find alot of m4's and m16 variants floating around the classifieds, i just sold mine a few weeks back
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2009, 05:34   #5
Semi Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.T.Z View Post
you should get age verified, and you'll find alot of m4's and m16 variants floating around the classifieds, i just sold mine a few weeks back
yep that would be great but im from the states :banghead:

i joined here because i havent found a better forum for airsoft
Old August 9th, 2009, 08:20   #6
Cushak

Send a message via MSN to Cushak
Well in that case... go TM.

I started out with TM and I only got in about 1 - 2 games a month 5 months of the year when I was first starting. It lasted for a couple years with NO issues.

TM's are both great starter guns, and guns for guys with more experience.
Cushak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2009, 08:25   #7
kalnaren

The beauty of a TM is that, if left stock, it will run for a very long time without really needing much if it isn't abused. I still think TM has the most reliable internals out there.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2009, 11:15   #8
L473ncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semi Pro View Post
yep that would be great but im from the states :banghead:

i joined here because i havent found a better forum for airsoft
This is a Canadian forum so everyone is going to assume you're from Canada unless it says somewhere in your profile otherwise.

Setting your location to USA should be sufficient enough so that we know not to tell you to get AV'ed (it doesn't need to be like Seattle, Washington or anything too detailed if you don't want but at least include USA).

Same goes for other users from the UK, Switzerland, Italy, Turkey, etc.

Now that that's cleared up....

It really depends on where you play. A stock TM will never fail you. However one of the main problems with it, is that you'll usually want to upgrade it a bit as stock it comes out at 290 FPS (1 M/s) due to Japanese laws. If you're planning to play CQB then a TM is perfect for that. However if you're playing on more wide open fields with higher velocity limits you'll probably want 330-350 FPS at a minimum. A Real Sword Type-56 comes in at 300 or 330 FPS stock however I believe someone on this forum runs a stock RS Type-56 and gets great distance from it.

If I were you I'd really just go and get a RS since they're priced around 350-400 USD and perfectly within your budget.

EDIT: M16 huh???? Well in that case don't get RS since they don't make M16 or any variants of it (only the Type-56 and Type-97).

Either KA (King Arms) (~$300-400 USD), G&P (~$350-400 USD), or CA (Classic Army) (~$300-400 USD) is probably what you're looking for. STAR/ARES might be a bit out of your budget (~$410+ USD) but from what I've read they're a solid company with quality products.

Last edited by L473ncy; August 9th, 2009 at 12:30..
L473ncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2009, 11:23   #9
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
if you are from the states then get some King Arms, they are unquestionably best bang out of teh box, easilly the best metal body construction in the market, reliability and quality of their internals and they run about $300 to $400 USD
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2009, 12:34   #10
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

If you would be so kind to fill out your profile details in regards to your location that would go a long ways to solve any future confusion.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2009, 16:35   #11
Semi Pro

thanks for the suggestions

have any of you used the kwc m4a1 thats lipo ready?

i already have the lipo packs and chargers so that a +, i found afew reviews and they were all good.

i play mainly field battles so range is a big deal
Old August 9th, 2009, 16:42   #12
Drake
E-01

If you're in the States, for a bit more you can get a much better brand than Junk Gong (as L473ncy pointed out already).

Yes, its more expensive, but the quality is different. You can't tell from pics, but when you compare parts side by side you quickly realize why KA or GP are more expensive than Dboys, JG etc.
Old August 9th, 2009, 16:43   #13
ShelledPants

Quote:
thanks for the suggestions

have any of you used the kwc m4a1 thats lipo ready?

i already have the lipo packs and chargers so that a +, i found afew reviews and they were all good.

i play mainly field battles so range is a big deal
KWA M4, made in Taiwan, awesome little gun. I bought the CQB model a few months ago. Great gun. Purs with a 7.4v lipo. Takes real steal front rails like a charm. If you order from WGCshop.com, they have Knights Armament trades instead of the large KWA logo on them. I had to do a quick mod on my King Arms magazines to get them to feed (with a razor, take 0.5mm off of the feed notch on each magazine so they feed). The CQB model shoots 349fps on the dot, over and over again.

Played with it in the rain, no troubles. Just pull the rear body pin, break the gun in half, pull the inner barrel/upper hop and give it a clean after.

I did have a body pin screw fall during a game, so make sure to tighten them before a game. KA pins fit fine.

Rate of fire with a 7.4v lipo is about 21 bb/s. 11.1v is retardedly fast, at around 30 bb/s.

Enjoy the info.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2009, 19:03   #14
Semi Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelledPants View Post
KWA M4, made in Taiwan, awesome little gun. I bought the CQB model a few months ago. Great gun. Purs with a 7.4v lipo. Takes real steal front rails like a charm. If you order from WGCshop.com, they have Knights Armament trades instead of the large KWA logo on them. I had to do a quick mod on my King Arms magazines to get them to feed (with a razor, take 0.5mm off of the feed notch on each magazine so they feed). The CQB model shoots 349fps on the dot, over and over again.

Played with it in the rain, no troubles. Just pull the rear body pin, break the gun in half, pull the inner barrel/upper hop and give it a clean after.

I did have a body pin screw fall during a game, so make sure to tighten them before a game. KA pins fit fine.

Rate of fire with a 7.4v lipo is about 21 bb/s. 11.1v is retardedly fast, at around 30 bb/s.

Enjoy the info.
thankyou, im pretty sure im going to order the CQB

anything else i need to know or order?
Old August 9th, 2009, 20:54   #15
venture

Quote:
thankyou, im pretty sure im going to order the CQB

anything else i need to know or order?

If you are in the NE try hotspotairsoft.com they have a very good selection and very good staff. I have made a few purchases from them-all satisfactory!

Actually called my house (in Canada) to arrange better shipping for a large order in order to save me money. Awesome service.

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank