Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

This is the KJ 10/22 thread

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old March 5th, 2011, 20:29   #1
teriases

This is the KJ 10/22 thread

Hi guys, me and a few fellas here have ordered this baby. We thought it would be great to have a place to goto for info related to this gun.

So far the info I have are from the redwolf review video. The rifle is light, and have lots of mod possibilities. 22rnd cap mags, accepts AEG M4 stocks, fires close to 400fps.

There is a wood kit from RA tech converting it to an M1 if I'm correct.
teriases is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2011, 20:46   #2
faithless

This is based on the ever popular Ruger 10/22. Many of you may even have the 10/22 and did some crazy modification on it.

I know many of you will say get the RS instead. It is true that this costs around 500-600, while the RS is around 200-300. But this is a great DM weapon in a carbine size, and the M1 carbine kit will interest many WWII enthusiasts.

You may find the manual here.
www.kjworks.com.tw/photo/12919005273.pdf

Note the buffer tube accepts regualr M4 stock, the tube itself is not a standard one. So for you magpul fans who want to put UBR stock on it, some work maybe required.

More info will come as we get this baby in our hands.
faithless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2011, 22:02   #3
ruinz00

It takes WA pistol grips if I remember correctly. RS bodies need some modifications to fit. The KJW has a tab on the back that interferes with it fitting. On another note, the inner barrel supposedly only goes half way down the outer barrel.

Tanio Koba made a 10/22 airsoft gun about a decade or two ago. It wasn't blowback operated, but it was still pretty neat. I'm wondering if he had his hand in designing this KJW GBB too. His last GBB (KJW M4) seems to be very reliable.

Who is importing these for you teriases? I've been looking into getting one. Not sure if I want this or the KJW M4. Little more money gets you the M4. Mags are about $20 more than the 10/22, atleast on ehobbyasia.
ruinz00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2011, 11:34   #4
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruinz00 View Post
It takes WA pistol grips if I remember correctly. RS bodies need some modifications to fit. The KJW has a tab on the back that interferes with it fitting. On another note, the inner barrel supposedly only goes half way down the outer barrel.
Real steel spec Armalite pistol grips will fit, not just WA.
Correct on the inner barrel running half way through the barrel, at only 285mm. RA-Tech has released full length 363mm inner barrels that run the entire length.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruinz00 View Post
Tanio Koba made a 10/22 airsoft gun about a decade or two ago. It wasn't blowback operated, but it was still pretty neat. I'm wondering if he had his hand in designing this KJW GBB too. His last GBB (KJW M4) seems to be very reliable.
KJW purchased the moulds and rights to the original Kobayashi design, and based this current model on that very popular classic model. Beyond selling the rights, he did not have a direct hand in this re-design.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2011, 18:23   #5
teriases

A illusion has made me aware that Airsoft surgeon has a metal receiver in the works...

Also, a long tight bore barrel is available now as well.
teriases is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2011, 20:28   #6
Coresair

Quote:
Originally Posted by teriases View Post
A illusion has made me aware that Airsoft surgeon has a metal receiver in the works...

Redwolf released some pictures on FB today.
Coresair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2011, 02:28   #7
Rai

I did some research into it.

If it were $100 cheaper I'd consider getting it.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2011, 13:02   #8
Silent-Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by teriases View Post

Hey teriases, can you please clear out some of your private messages, I'm trying to contact you, but my messages keep getting bounced back because it says your inbox is full.
Silent-Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2011, 14:09   #9
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
It's funny that anyone would be interested in a 22LR gun.

But it actually looks like a decent gun, not that anyone would actually use the real one in any kind of situation other than to shoot gophers or cans

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2011, 14:10   #10
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
It's funny that anyone would be interested in a 22LR gun.

But it actually looks like a decent gun, not that anyone would actually use the real one in any kind of situation other than to shoot gophers or cans
the wood kit to turn it into the M1 Carbine is interesting
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 01:54   #11
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

I just finally got mine today... My first impressions:

- The build is VERY sturdy. Zero creak or wobble ANYWHERE
- Bolt is easy to rack
- Shouldering it is very natural, with a good sight picture
- Weight balance is extremely good. The weapon is very nice to handle and easy to swing around
- Total weight is not overly heavy, but not so light as to feel like a cheap toy
- The safety lever popped right out when pushed too far. It was annoying to get it popped back in... that was quite annoying. I'd rather not have to do it again, so I can only recommend being careful not to push the button too far out. As an additional note, the gun DID function fine without the safety lever installed. LOL.

- Firing test: HO-LEE CRRRRRRAP! This thing is extremely powerful, accurate, and LOUD. First test was dry firing, and it made an extremely loud and satisfying *POP*POP*POP* each time I pulled the trigger. Cycling speed was also phenomenal. Light weight trigger pull, fast bolt cycling time makes this a very fast response weapon.

- Next test was at range. Setting up a target 30 feet away, I was getting a grouping the size of a quarter with 0.25g BB's. This is EXTREMELY impressive. I only wish I had a longer test range to see what the furthest accurate range would be.

- Final test was velocity... DAMN. This thing shoots INSANELY HARD. The first shot out of the mag, was 422fps... with 0.25g BBs! Keep in mind, this was after already shooting about 30 rounds through the mag, so the gas wasn't even full at this point. The equivalent value of this power at 0.20g BB's is 471fps!
I did notice, that each succeeding shot dropped quite significantly after. I'd like to do a more conclusive test later on down the road with a freshly charged mag to see how consistent shot-to-shot velocities are for the entire mag. My hope is that they're tight enough that the gun can be used as a DMR platform, because the fast responding trigger, high power and long range accuracy could yield the perfect GBB DMR platform.
Old April 6th, 2011, 10:04   #12
Styrak

Illusion, have you shot a 10/22 before? If so, can you compare the trigger pull?

Old April 6th, 2011, 12:04   #13
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
Illusion, have you shot a 10/22 before? If so, can you compare the trigger pull?
I have...

Trigger pull length of this replica is about 3mm. I don't recall what the pull length of a real one is.

As with practically all airsoft replicas, the trigger pull weight of the replica is lighter than the real thing. The break of the sear is also less noticeable due to the reduced weight on the sear. Also, as with almost all production airsoft guns, the trigger pull feels a bit "creepy" compared to the cleaner break of a real rifle.

I haven't shot one of those crazy uber competition 10/22's with ultra tuned trigger response before, so I can't compare to that, but I wouldn't be surprised if the trigger pull weight were similar in that regard. Rough guess "by feel", I'd say this trigger pull is around 1.5-2 pounds.

hmm... I should pick up a trigger weight scale...

Last edited by ILLusion; April 6th, 2011 at 12:12..
Old April 6th, 2011, 12:16   #14
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
damn, when i first saw these on redwolf I was like "F*CK YEAH I need one"
Now after reading illusions impressions..... I REALLY need one...
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 12:32   #15
Styrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
I have...

Trigger pull length of this replica is about 3mm. I don't recall what the pull length of a real one is.

As with practically all airsoft replicas, the trigger pull weight of the replica is lighter than the real thing. The break of the sear is also less noticeable due to the reduced weight on the sear. Also, as with almost all production airsoft guns, the trigger pull feels a bit "creepy" compared to the cleaner break of a real rifle.

I haven't shot one of those crazy uber competition 10/22's with ultra tuned trigger response before, so I can't compare to that, but I wouldn't be surprised if the trigger pull weight were similar in that regard. Rough guess "by feel", I'd say this trigger pull is around 1.5-2 pounds.

hmm... I should pick up a trigger weight scale...
OK, just wondered if it broke cleanly like a real 10/22 or not. I guess it kind of would since it's a gas gun with an actual sear, instead of an AEG.
And yeah definitely interested in one but I'm not sure if it's worth the $600 or so importers want.

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion