Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Site Supporting Retailers > Retailer Resolution Center
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Toronto Airsoft sold me a gun that broke out of the box!

:

Retailer Resolution Center

Old April 11th, 2012, 15:15   #1
HackD

Trade Rating: 12
Toronto Airsoft sold me a gun that broke out of the box!

I'm going to do this in semi-timeline format - it makes more sense in that way.

On March 29th, 2012, I spotted a rifle on the Toronto Airsoft website, that was indicated as being one of the last items remaining in stock. The G&P M14 DMR, listed at $454.99

Seeing as i don't use VISA, and as i wanted the rifle, I drove in from Hamilton and into Toronto, expressly to pick up and pay for a rifle that i desired to own.

I decided to purchase the rifle - It was advertised as shooting "Hot" at 430 fps+ for Canadian market customers. I did not want a hot shooting gun for safety and reliability considerations. At the same time as i purchased the rifle, i also purchased an M95 spring to immediately downgrade it, from Toronto Airsoft.

I got home, fondled it for a while - but it was never fired - I didn't have a battery compatible to fit. The next day (March 30th, 2012), I took it into my local Hamilton area airsoft retailer, to have the gear-box opened up and the spring changed out. As i understand it, this retailer does have some business dealings with Toronto Airsoft - so this Hamilton retailer isn't an unknown quantity to the folks at Toronto Airsoft.

On April 5th, 2012, I dropped by the Hamilton retailer to possibly pick up the rifle. Due to how busy they had been, they hadn't managed to get to it - but while i was there, they put it on the bench and opened it up while i waited. The spring was changed out, and a battery was hooked up for the very first time since it had left Toronto Airsoft's location.

The G&P M14 DMR shot a grand total of *4* times, on the M95 spring, before it would fire no more, in the hands of the person who changed the spring out. Before this, any 'testing' would have been in the hands of Toronto Airsoft to test functionality.

The fault that recurred? The sector gear in the gearbox had spun on it's axle.

The Hamilton retailer indicated that this was not a good situation - It was obviously a defective gun which had failed long before any reasonable standards of quality control. He indicated that he'd get in contact with Frank at Toronto Airsoft, and go to bat for me for rectification of this issue.
While i was there, he left a voice message on his service, for Frank to call him back.

Fast forward to today, April 11th, 2012. I went to the Hamilton retailer for a status update on this issue. The individual at Hamilton Airsoft told me that Frank finally returned his call this morning (5 days since message left), and that due to the G&P M14 DMR being a "CDN Market" Pre-upgraded import, there is no warranty on it - Frank isn't willing to do anything for me to rectify the issue, related to a rifle that broke after 4 shots on a gearbox that was reverted back to a US Market spec'ish M95 spring with a FPS of about 365fps on .20's (We got one shot off across the bows of a FPS tester, before it went broken).

So, to summarize.

I bought a Gucci'ed, glorified seal club from Toronto Airsoft for $454.99, that basically broke out of the box.

Though this gun supposedly left Toronto Airsoft, tested for functionality, it still broke within 4 shots on .20's, with an M95 downgraded spring in it. Until this rifle went to the shop for spring downgrading, it was only fired while in Toronto Airsoft's hands/in the hands of Toronto Airsoft's 'tester's'.

I could understand if Toronto Airsoft wouldn't want to cover any deficiencies in this gun, if i took the thing out to a game, non down-graded, and came back complaining afterwards. However, coming back to the customer with "We aren't interested in doing anything for you" when you've sold him a steaming pile of poop in a box that breaks as soon as a battery has been hooked up to a re-downgraded gun is WHOLLY unacceptable to that customer.

Shame on Toronto Airsoft - they aren't willing to do anything for me - but since i've been a 'good customer' to the Hamilton Retailer in the past - he is going to go out of his way to try to make things right at his end - and at his own expense/profit margin. He insists on doing so, as he too doesn't feel that Toronto Airsoft is doing what they should be doing for me.

So in short, Toronto Airsoft, I am not some kidiot who came in for a cheap-ass plastic gun, never to be seen again - I am a middle aged guy with plenty of disposable income to spend in the shops that work with customers, have good business ethics, and leave me with feeling good about the purchase. By my experience, you don't have these qualities, and in turn, you shall not have any more of my cash.

Oh, and to top it all off, your staff need a refresher on writing receipts - i notice that the individual who served me, overcharged me on the gun by $5.00.
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 15:53   #2
HackD

Trade Rating: 12
Oh, and i direct this to Frank/Karnage directly - from your very own posting on this website.

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showpos...65&postcount=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnage View Post
Hello all!

After several months we have finally received our first official G&P shipment!

All models are 100% legal and have been internally upgraded by the factory direct to give you a consistent and long lasting rifle that will last at 430+fps.

Check them out here: http://www.torontoairsoft.com/catego...id_category=83
BWAHAHA... pure jokes, that underlined section is. Unfortunately, the joke appears to be on me.
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Site Supporting Retailers > Retailer Resolution Center