Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Bunker Noobs - Play to Sit (and die)

:

Tactics, Techniques and Procedures

Old May 9th, 2010, 00:26   #61
Rooster
a.k.a. flamethis

As a noob I'll chime in. I've only had the chance to get to one game so far (have to miss tomorrows game which sucks)

Anyway, I found I probably camped a bit more than I should have. We had the high ground so I kinda patrolled an incoming path.. But I wish I had run into more action. Mainly I stayed put, covered my team mate and shut the hell up, once I had to respawn I lost that teammate, he moved forward to pin down the other team and I had no idea where I was. So I latched onto the next group that came along. Ended up chatting for a second with another player which inevitably ended with me getting lit up..

All I'm saying is that some noobs just don't know what the hell to do. I did as I was told by my experienced teammate (submarineman) till I lost him during a respawn and then I was quite lost. I'd have been happy to have someone grab me by the collar and say stick with me. If they gave me a pistol and said "storm that building and take out the 6 guys inside" I'd try my hardest to get it done.

SO yeah, aside from the COD lovin kids, most noobs WANT to be told what the hell to do and when to do it.
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 08:50   #62
kalnaren

Well, it's not just n00bs that do this. I've played games with people who have been at this longer than I have that I STILL can't motivate to get off their ass and push an advance.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 09:47   #63
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
yeah... makes it fun though for those pushing against them
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2010, 10:46   #64
teriases

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren

When one or two people do that, it makes sense. When 5+ do it, that's being pussy.
I bet if u ask why they do that they'll say "that's just my style, got a problem with it?"

Just reply : "I have no problems with u being a sissy, as long as u also have no problems with me giving you a BB shower! PS - no mercy is in effect!" BANG!

*power walks Away slowly*

Lol
teriases is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2010, 11:40   #65
Zeonprime

Location: Waterloo, kitchener, guelph, mississauga, north east toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by teriases View Post
I bet if u ask why they do that they'll say "that's just my style, got a problem with it?"

Just reply : "I have no problems with u being a sissy, as long as u also have no problems with me giving you a BB shower! PS - no mercy is in effect!" BANG!

Lol
all well and good unless there is a mercy rule in effect and you just violated a safety protocol.

Yell at them to join or leave them behind. the positive to leaving them behind, is you may have someone covering your six incase the opposing team manages to flank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanoftheDead View Post
I am a noob and have never spawn camped, I think its got to do with people who play alot of COD or something, waiting where you know they'll spawn, they want to get shitloads of kills and I get it, but I don't imagine it being very fun waiting for someone to spawn. I like the fast pace of the game, take point, take out the targets and move forward to claim the next position. I noticed these spawn campers usually get dealt with quickly, a good ol' discouraged headshot can do the trick but only if they really deserve it, other favorite places to shoot is the back of the arm (the soft skin) and inner thigh. If you have a bb shower even better!
I know that some hosts ban spawn camping (I do). you come across those types of players, check with your host.

Quote:
Be safe not just with yourself, but those you play with. If you are reckless with other peoples safety then you will leave.

Last edited by Zeonprime; May 28th, 2010 at 11:44..
Zeonprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2010, 18:45   #66
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by teriases View Post

Lol
Yea.. I'll get right on that.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 16:53   #67
jtf2-phalanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
The problem with camping is that it does your team ZERO good. Who gives a fuck if you get 10 kills while camping if your team can't get to the objective because a bunch of pussies won't advance?

That's happend to me so many times. I'll be pushing hard, finally have to duck behind cover, turn around, and find 3/4 of the people I was "advancing" with are holed up 100+ ft behind me.
That's me. Then you find yourself surrounded from all angles taking fire while humping a tree trying to avoid getting hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Well, it's not just n00bs that do this. I've played games with people who have been at this longer than I have that I STILL can't motivate to get off their ass and push an advance.
Then that's just plain laziness and not fear. I've seen players that play for years do that... they are usually the old guy that wants to smoke in the back field while everyone dies, and then he might pop his head out once in awhile to see how the battle is going. We used to watch this one guy smoke his cigars in the back field and we'd see this tree "smoking". Big ol' puffs of smoke won't give you away... riiight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamethis View Post
All I'm saying is that some noobs just don't know what the hell to do. I did as I was told by my experienced teammate (submarineman) till I lost him during a respawn and then I was quite lost. I'd have been happy to have someone grab me by the collar and say stick with me. If they gave me a pistol and said "storm that building and take out the 6 guys inside" I'd try my hardest to get it done.
QFT. I've spent a few years working with new players and quite often they'll do what you say (to the point where your bad judgement may get them killed, once in awhile) and they learn rather quickly what works and what doesn't. Just make sure you get to know them a bit before and what you tell them makes some sort of sense. Also, they tend to trust someone that has taken a little bit of time to work with them (ie quick explanations of fire and movement while in battle can work). But this is just my personal experience.

Last edited by jtf2-phalanx; May 31st, 2010 at 17:04.. Reason: more
jtf2-phalanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 17:14   #68
Ghost Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcsteve View Post
Oh I wrote this thread not about campers, campers are a different story.

This is about people who only stay at the spawn point and have never moved or barely move at all

Campers actually move away from the spawn point and find a nice perimeter to cover so they are being effective in trying to stake out a good place to put a chokehold on incoming opposition. Whereas bunker noobs sit in the spawn point not moving or moving to somewhere else to hide. The spawn point usually does not need to be guarded unless the game deems it necessary. If the spawn point needs to be guarded then bunker noobs are great, if not they are sitting there waiting to die
+1

I'm a hardcore recon unit and +70% of my time on the field is spent camping out in sometimes remote but always strategic areas observing and reporting intel back to my team via radio.

You really can't do anything about the people who spawn camp all day. If they want to sit on their asses and chit chat, so be it. In the mean time, you can set an example to other players and waste as little time re-spawning and more time having fun shooting people. I pay the field fee to be on the field as much as possible. Others pay the field fee to socialize at the staging/re-spawn area all day. It really comes down to personal preference, I think. That's why you have to find and stick with players who share similar playing styles as you do. I believe that is one of the core ingredients for an effective and competent airsoft team.

Also, I have much respect for team leaders and game admins who constantly kick players out of the staging/re-spawn area and back into the field during a game, especially when the players are socializing. Power to those people.
Ghost Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 23:30   #69
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

I hope y'all understand that not all players r cowards, and some like myself want to learn and become a 'vet' also the whole getting hit thing is sorta funny.. Cuz if u didn't feel it then there'd be no point. Also it hurts less then getting slapped cross the face by a pissed of chick... Don't it
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2010, 15:32   #70
teriases

Depends on the role too. If ur a sniper then... Heck what am I doing there's no excuse lol. For me, I definitely move, but I move slow, checking corners etc. If u stay still ur just holding up the game for everyone. This isn't hide and seek!
teriases is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2010, 19:45   #71
Helbino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assault Pioneer View Post
Give em a really fuckin big gun.

A top M60 is more than enough to spurr their cojones into growing in proportion to the weapon at hand, dont put those guns at the rear, hand em to the recruits! send em forward and watch them go down in a blaze of fuckin heroic glory!!!

and make sure you video tape it cause its really funny
In other words, cannon fodder. But they don't know.
Old July 17th, 2010, 14:51   #72
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

It all depends on the gun at hand. Camping in with something like a Thompson just doesn't work, neither does an M4. but put a bolt rifle in my hands and there is no way Im heading into "front line" combat. I remember one gun I was in I came upon a spot where I dug in for good reason. I was packing an upgraded VSR-10 with 6 mags and I put them all to good use. It was the perfect position. From where I dug in I had a shooting lane directly in front and one on each side at 45 degree angles. The enemy were like ants and they just get running out into the open. The greatest fun Ive every had with a bolt action airsoft gun.
Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2010, 13:16   #73
Pistol PMD

Bunker noobs are hilarious.
Pistol PMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2010, 13:21   #74
Pistol PMD

Move a little, its good for you.
Pistol PMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2010, 21:55   #75
Pinard
formerly Contractor 6-8, CptPinard17eRAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drache View Post
It all depends on the gun at hand. Camping in with something like a Thompson just doesn't work, neither does an M4. but put a bolt rifle in my hands and there is no way Im heading into "front line" combat. I remember one gun I was in I came upon a spot where I dug in for good reason. I was packing an upgraded VSR-10 with 6 mags and I put them all to good use. It was the perfect position. From where I dug in I had a shooting lane directly in front and one on each side at 45 degree angles. The enemy were like ants and they just get running out into the open. The greatest fun Ive every had with a bolt action airsoft gun.
hummm sounds good men !
Pinard is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Tactics, Techniques and Procedures