Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

The Aftermath Broxa Experience

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old September 5th, 2008, 01:08   #16
Kingsix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
There used to be a beggar downtown who would leave behind a pile of coins that he didn't want whenever he left his spot for the day. So yes, yes they can be choosers.
I meet this beggar on a YRT Bus one day and holy fuck did that guy make more than me and the bus driver combined on one day, he even had a pension from working with the TTC. careful who you give your spare change too.
Old September 5th, 2008, 23:11   #17
Buzzrexx

Last time I checked, this thread was supposed to be about the Aftermath Broxa!

Anyone tested the accuracy on the Broxa? I'm still waiting for some BB's.

Also, please submit your Chrono results so we can compare. (I don't know how accurate my laptop tests were; but it's supposed to be quite accurate).
Buzzrexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2008, 13:41   #18
green_ninja

Send a message via MSN to green_ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzrexx View Post
Took apart the entire gun to paint it, and reaasembled with not one piece left over- the first time! Also this is the first time I've ever opened up an AEG...
How did you take the trigger handle (motor handle) apart from the receiver?
Old September 16th, 2008, 15:38   #19
deep in the bush
Monkey with a Gun

Send a message via MSN to deep in the bush
whre are you picking them up?

where are people getting them from? Bass pro?

I'm the Barrie Bastard.
http://www.bbbastard.com/

Cheese is good.
deep in the bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2008, 16:49   #20
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

yup pre-order one or just get it ordered from the Bass Pro American shop online it will get through customs since it is clear

cbcsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2008, 17:11   #21
Grudge
multitech

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_ninja View Post
Check out the MP5 disassembly on MECHBOX.com. That's what I used. And even more importantly they have a reassembly VID!!!
Old September 18th, 2008, 01:28   #22
Buzzrexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_ninja View Post
Once you get the motor out, there are two screws in the top of the handle that attach it to the receiver.

Just take your time and think eveything through or else you'll start breaking stuff.

-Yup- Bass Pro. I was lucky to get mine in-store. I suggest order it online from their web site- no one's ever had anything seized from them.

Last edited by Buzzrexx; September 18th, 2008 at 01:31..
Buzzrexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2008, 15:03   #23
etd

I've had mine for a few months now. It turned in my main gun while my TM Sig went to hell (don't ask). I've easily placed a good 3000 rounds into the thing and I'm extremely impressed. Best paint to your is Krylon Camo (sticks to metal and plastic in under 15 minutes without a chalky feeling). So far I've verified an average of 385 fps with high grade .20s and and the has no internal issues. One problem I found is the back butt plate came crazy glued otgether for some reason? Battery is amazing for the price of the gun included. Honestly you can't go wrong if you are looking for a mid grade gun. Accuracy is like 8/10 in my opinion too. I'll post some picutres tonight when I have the time for the paint job.
etd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2008, 15:36   #24
Conscript
AKaholic

I'd also have to agree with etd, although the batteries that come with Aftermath products are Ni-Cad, they perform really well, and there shouldn't be a reason to purchase a battery unless its a spare.

Oh and get a good charger too, that's all the difference.
Conscript is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2008, 15:59   #25
T-Hell

I run a 8.4 3400MAh battery with my Broxa and it goes like stink. no problems with jams... shoots nice and straight. I put a 3-9 x54 scope on mine and well I put a can at one end of my yard about 105 feet away and took a prone position at the other end of the yard cracked off 1 shot and said good by to the can. put a good sized dent in it...

Shot a .2 bb at a spray can lid and put a hole in the lid from 50 feet so not too shabby.

very stable gun for an entry level...

Rhino Living

http://www.nordicbattlegroup.ca
T-Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2008, 17:29   #26
durrdurrrr----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzrexx View Post
Thought I'd post some pics; if I knew more about AEG's in general I'd post a detailed review.
The flashlights I've added; I'm waiting for some mags and an RDS from uncompany.com, and I hope to game it soon.
When I have some time I hope to paint on the proper H&K bullet symbols.

Links Fixed

AAARRRGGH!! I can't get the pictures to display full size, now I'm stuck with the little thumbnails. Hope everybody can see it OK.
niceeeee, still gotta bit of a shine thought, when it comes to paint i have tried to many to even keep track and the best stuff yet is a kyrlon camo ultra flat, they come in like 3 or 4 different dark colors that have no shine what so ever really really light absorbant surface finish for those who are interested it look like this.. look for that stuff on a canadian tire shelf, really shitty in terms of scratch resistance if ur a stubborn person, the suggested dry time is 6 to 7 days after 6 to 7 days of no use it will be part of the plastic if u really wanna get it off the only way to do it is with sandpaper even knives have a hard time scrapping it off, if u let dry for an hour like i did the first time i used it it smoothed the surface finish when i used my pistol holster constantly and left a bit of a shine (kinda like the one that Buzzrexx has), after recoating and letting sit for 5 days (i know.. am stubborn :P) it gave me the "ultr-flat" finish and remained that way.

look for the same can but the newely mixed batch from krylon has a slightly more dull color can, the brighter color camo (older) cans still have a slight shine to them, the new stuff is just amazing.

Last edited by durrdurrrr----; November 25th, 2008 at 17:33.. Reason: picture does not work, left link for pic
durrdurrrr---- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2008, 00:57   #27
Defcon_Carl
formerly carl05229

I just got my broxa today. Out of the box it feels very solid no shaky parts what so ever. The battery fits nicely on the stock with no rattling sounds. I tested 90 round mid cap and a 560 round hi-cap and both fed nicely. I didn't test the stock magazine that came with it because it looks ugly but will test it tomorrow. I got fluctuations from low 355 fps to as high as 390 fps tested with velocityarms .2g bbs. ROF is around 600-650 rpm with its stock battery.

Pros:
- very solid nice even weight distribution
- good ROF out of the box with high fps
- has a lot of rails to mount accessories
- good price under $200

Cons:
- Vertgrip is flimsy
- hop up is poor quality
- selector switch is not smooth
- stock is made of cheap plastic
- double orange tip

Overall this gun is a great gun for beginners who would want to get into airsoft. In comparison to kraken or lycaon, its definitely better than the lycaon but I have to say kraken is still the best aftermath aeg.

Carl
Defcon_Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2008, 01:05   #28
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

Woah its been awhile since I remembered I created this thread hahah

Thanks Carl

I think you should post it up in the Review section as I found it helpful short and sweet

Old December 4th, 2008, 01:12   #29
Defcon_Carl
formerly carl05229

thanks steve, I will use this gun until it breaks (or if it breaks). the spring is definitely close to an m110 or 120 and too hot for indoors. Surprisingly, it shoots much stronger than the kraken in spite of its short barrel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcsteve View Post
Woah its been awhile since I remembered I created this thread hahah

Thanks Carl

I think you should post it up in the Review section as I found it helpful short and sweet
Defcon_Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2008, 01:17   #30
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

It won't break that easily actually, heck you may have to TRY to break it, there were Youtube videos of it being torture tested and it held its own

The last torture test it should go through is dropping it in sand or gaming it in the rain, my TM P90 went through both and its still alive yay!

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion