Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft / Clearsoft - Long Term Reliability Study

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 23rd, 2008, 19:45   #286
Coma
Age Verification Removed Due To Trade Dispute

1) Manufacturer, Model Name
-Krakman, a DeepComa production. Half Kraken, half Crosman, and a mechbox built from parts on the floor.

2) Date Obtained
- Original parts obtained April 2008

3) Initial Cost
- $130 (new in box Kraken)
- $160 (new in box Crosman R76)
- $25 (King Arms hop-up unit)
- $50 (Madbull 6.03 tightbore)

4) New or Used
- New

5) Mechanical Problems (Gearbox issues, hopup issues.. basically functional performance related -- supply date of issue)
- None. Some wiring issues that were my fault when I ran the wiring out the ass of the AK reciever. Some issues with the fitment of the trigger guard/mag catch.

6) Esthetic Problems (Paint damage, cracks in body, loose parts.. physical construction related -- supply date of issue)
- None. A simple spray of black paint fixed the clear R76.

7) Rounds fired between failures (think how many bags of BB's used before it failed. If no failure, list rounds fired up to this point)
- 4500-6000

8) Changes to Internals and Externals (upgrades, mods, dates)
- Not applicible? This AEG was built from scratch more or less.

9) Resale Date and Value if applicable.
- Not applicible.

10)Notes and Comments (Optional)
- The mechbox from off the floor fires a consistant 400fps.
Old August 23rd, 2008, 20:23   #287
demco11

The key points are as follows:
1) Manufacturer, Model Name (name of weapon on box, and weapon replicated if different from model name)

ACM (China Clone) M500SSB 8mm Shorty

-
2) Date Obtained
- June 2008
3) Initial Cost
- $350
4) New or Used
- 9/10 condition, Used however previous owner only plinked 40 bb's out of it.
5) Mechanical Problems (Gearbox issues, hopup issues.. basically functional performance related -- supply date of issue)
- Slight leak of propane, but silicone solved the problem.
6) Esthetic Problems (Paint damage, cracks in body, loose parts.. physical construction related -- supply date of issue)
- Pump grip seems a little loose but all of these guns are like that.
7) Rounds fired between failures (think how many bags of BB's used before it failed. If no failure, list rounds fired up to this point)
- 2x bags of 500 rounds each... and still shooting.
- Still stock.
- Not going to re-sell. Great gun, great price, very well made and the only part prone to breaking is replacable very easilly.
Anyone looking for a gas shotgun without a high price of $1000 for a Marushin m500... look no further... the china clones of the marushin shotgun are GREAT and cost 1/3 of the Marushin and compatible with the parts.
Old August 23rd, 2008, 20:47   #288
Duilin

- KWA M4 S-System

2) Date Obtained
- Aug 8, 2008

3) Initial Cost
- $550

4) New or Used
- new

5) Mechanical Problems
- None

6) Esthetic Problems
- Pin that holds rear sights down falls out if not careful. some mag brands are a tight fight

7) Rounds fired between failures
- None

8 )Changes to Internals and Externals
- foregrip, Acog

$600 right now, less down the line

10)Notes and Comments
- has an amazing ROF on a 8.4v and is able to take 9.6 or 11.1 LIPO. gun is 95% metal
Duilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2008, 22:53   #289
MillerBRo

Jg 2008 t3k3, g3a3

1) Manufacturer, Model Name (name of weapon on box, and weapon replicated if different from model name)
-Jing Gong 2008 T3K3, G3A3
2) Date Obtained
-July 2008
3) Initial Cost
-$350CAD shipped
4) New or Used
-New
-The hi-cap mags for the JG G3 series are flawed. The one that came with the gun popped a wheel loose after 200 BBs. I looked and it had been glued inside suggesting the wheel had popped loose before as well. I fixed it and then the spring snapped after a mere 20 winds about 40 BBs later. My 2nd JG G3 hi-cap the spring snapped after only 10 winds! My 3rd G3 hi-cap popped that same wheel the 1st did. I fixed it and only wind it 5 times as I can feel its spring is also tighter than it should be. But that only feeds 6-8 BBS at a go now I use my Crosman Pulse R72 mag and it feeds and fires fine with it. I will get a TM hi-cap and some good midcaps.
6) Esthetic Problems (Paint damage, cracks in body, loose parts.. physical construction related -- supply date of issue)-seems to be a nice solid gun- no creaks or wobbles
-about 30K with no failure; hop up rubber needed replacing in Oct
-none to date
-Not for resale but $350 shipped was, IMO a helluva good deal for what it does
-It came in a 2007 box stating 330fps, but is obviously a 2008 as JG promised that the 2008's would have a fps in the 380s (it was chrono'd at 387fps with a .2 Matrix BB, pops through both sides of a coke can and can blow a hole through the bottom of a coke can lol). It came with the charger, battery, cleaning rod, red tip cap, 200 BBs and the manual. The battery supplied was a ShuanBao 1500 Ni-cd (large Tamiya connectors) which I have used- it works fine though its my backup as I use my NiMhs more often.

It performs really well at range and I am now using .25's in it to keep it accurate at range as well.

I had an extra JG 2008 G3 mechbox and I put that one in my Pulse R72. The internals are great and that guns now around 330fps.

Last edited by MillerBRo; November 19th, 2008 at 19:35.. Reason: clarify mag issue
MillerBRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2008, 19:05   #290
max.power

-WE 1911 Tactical

2) Date Obtained

-June 2008

3) Initial Cost

-$230 shipped

4) New or Used

-New

-Slide only occasionally locked back on empty mag. Spring cap and bushing broke after about 1000 rounds.

-Solid. Some creaks, but not bad. Finish was good enough for the price. I didn't like the Caspian trademarks...

-1000ish until spring cap/bushing broke

-Repaired spring cap; slightly shortened spring guide; new bushing

-$215 shipped w/ 3 mags a month or so ago.

-Overall good gun. Full metal, nice kick, and a somewhat common pistol, which sometimes means more upgrade/replacement parts are available.

Sold it because I wasn't really a fan of the style itself, (bought it based on price in the first place), and was hard up for some cash.
max.power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2008, 23:26   #291
christifyed

Aftermath Lycaon - MP5-A5

Aftermath Lycaon - MP5-A5 (Now an SD5)
2) Date Obtained
Spring 08
3) Initial Cost
$205
4) New or Used
BNIB
5) Mechanical Problems
Magazines wiggle slightly.
6) Esthetic Problems
N/A
7) Rounds fired
8) Changes to Internals and Externals
CA SD front set, ICS full stock, TM hi-caps, Star lo-caps, Walther lo-pro MP5 RDS, Intellect 8.4 1600mah, and obviously a paint job.
N/A
10)Notes and Comments
Excellent bang for your buck. Accurate, reliable, shoots hard. Great upgrade platform.

P226
christifyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2008, 17:49   #292
CerberusNet

Here's a few I've owned since I started playin'

Here's a few models not on the list from Windsor Ont!

-Smith&Wesson Springfield model (Looks like a pump shotty.)
2) Date Obtained
-Aug '07
3) Initial Cost
-35CAD
4) New or Used
-Brand new out of the package.
-While it is powerful for such a low price, the adjustable hop-up feature limits distance to target. Easy to maintain and repair. Great working order untill I upgraded to a stronger spring coil and the latch to hold the airpump in place cracked in half! I decided to stick with the original spring....Also the small clip provided is sort of touchy, randomly launches BBs out if you don't hold them down while loading.
-N/A
-30K+
-Internal srping coil in pump changed to a heavyer resistance and broke part of the trigger mechanizm...I'd suggest making a tighter barrel if ANY upgrades must be done, the rest works great!
-N/A
-Great for close range, like all Shottys :rocket:

My 1st, my baby.
-Crossman Pulse R70 (Basically the electric M4 with hopper.)
2) Date Obtained
-MArch '07
3) Initial Cost
-110CAD
4) New or Used
-Brand new from package
-Gearbox and Battary are low grade, poor FR and distance.
-Gravity feed hopper isn't sealed well, it opens randomly spilling precious ammo. Magazine is slightly loose and easy to drop (Good thing its held in by a cord! lol!) Any broken BBs WILL jam gun!
-Low grade BBs;Est.5K before breaking and jamming, High grade BBs;50K+
-Custom paint on external; Internal-Upgraded battery from 7v-9v(Or Amps idk) Metal gearbox and stronger resistance spring, tight bore barrel
-N/A
-Not a bad gun for begginers with plenty of room for improvements.

Crossman C11 Airmag
2) Date Obtained
Oct '07
3) Initial Cost
$130
4) New or Used
Brand new in package
5) Mechanical Problems
Jams randomly but is easy and fast to fix.
6) Esthetic Problems
N/A
7) Rounds fired
20K+
8) Changes to Internals and Externals
N/A
N/A
10)Notes and Comments
If you want something that's fast and heavy hitting aswell as accurate. Check out this Co2 Sidearm!!

That's all folks!
CerberusNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2008, 20:54   #293
Dusti69

Send a message via Yahoo to Dusti69
crosmans gay, and shame on pyramid.

Manufacturer, Model Name (name of weapon on box, and weapon replicated if different from model name)[/B]

-crosman pulse r76

2) Date Obtained

-oct, 22/08

3) Initial Cost

-$125 u.s.

4) New or Used

-New

-trigger is a little locky and sticky like. pyramid advertised it was having a metal gearbox but what i got was a plasti-clone. dissapointment

-cracked plastic

-i dunno. maybe 20 to 50 bbs so far

-tried to mesh it with a plastic gearboxed cyma ak to get rid of all the clear parts but have clear handguards. spent all night modding the cymas parts to fit til i got to the three parts of the reciver and found that the crosmans were too short to work with the cymas reciever so i had to scrap all that and then just painted all the clear stuff black

-um... NA?

-i know its crapsoft no doubt. dunno how long its plasti-clone gearbox with hold up but whenever it does screw up i have no clue if itll be repairable. on gearbox failure ill probly remove it, open it and see if any parts are salvagable for back up spares and then buy a front wired ak v3 gearbox

i should not have bought it. i could have got a full stocked ak beta like i wanted to build off of ehobby for only 70 bucks. hell i coulda got about two dif aegs off ehobby at that 70 dollar price as ive also been wanting a g36c
....on the plus side pyramid sent along a free tub of 5k crosman .2 bbs which seem rather nice. all smooth and sound like marbles when they clink together in your hand. and it did come with a spare metal hi-cap thats nice to have for my full metal/wood kraken

i just had to have clear handguards to see that theyd be like. oh well, its a loaner gun
dont let the elitist gun snobs who only clicked on your post to thread shit tell you other wise (they are OHHHH so helpful here- they wont offer you any help but will be self rightous pricks cause they are CLEARLY 'pros' who overpaid for their guns roflmao)

Last edited by Dusti69; October 23rd, 2008 at 20:57..
Dusti69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2008, 05:52   #294
max.power

-KSC USP Compact - Japan

2) Date Obtained

September 08

3) Initial Cost

-$225 hand delivered! (Thanks Lokes)

4) New or Used

-Used

-Safety doesn't work, but no big deal. This is my safety -> (points to finger)

-None.

-1500ish fired so far; no problems.

-None

-F that shit.

-Love this gun.
max.power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2008, 00:45   #295
zone 69

1) Make and Model
-- Tokyo Marui, 1911a1

2) Date Purchased
-- Spring 2007

3) Cost
-- $275

4) New/Used?
-- Used

5) Mechanical Problems
-- Summer 08 Mag leaks but still holds gas for the day.
update- turned out the screw on the bottom came loose fixed now.

6) Esthetic Problems
-- Slight wear on finish from normal field use

7) Rounds Fired Between Failures
-- NO Failures
(2000+) on HFC super power green gas

8) Changes to Internals & Externals
-- N/A

9) Resale Date and Value
-- N/A

-- First and only GBB I own

Last edited by zone 69; January 9th, 2009 at 22:16..
zone 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2008, 01:08   #296
kilolima

-JG M4A1

2) Date Obtained
-Aug 2007

3) Initial Cost
-$400

4) New or Used
-New

-None

-Broken reciever tab (Nov. 07)
-Barrle wobble (Feb. 07)

-6000 no failure

-Tight bore barrel (Dec. 07)
-Metal bushings (Dec. 07)

-N/A

-Good bang for the buck, but needs a new battery right away
kilolima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2008, 01:10   #297
kilolima

-KSC Glock 17

2) Date Obtained
-March 08

3) Initial Cost
-$320

4) New or Used
-New

-none

-none

-over 2000 on propane

-none

-N/A

-
kilolima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2008, 20:50   #298
jangs44

Walther CP99 Compact
2) Date Obtained
Sept '08
3) Initial Cost
about $105-$110
4) New or Used
New
5) Mechanical Problems
None so Far.
6) Esthetic Problems
A few tiny chips in body
absolutley none so far. (about 800 rounds fired)
Rail mountable for laser...(managed to fit a blue led light on)-from a Colt IV
n/a
10)Notes and Comments
Usually 140-170 shots per co2 cartridge. 19 round mag (listed as 17) overall great gun for the price...
thanks Bronson and Bronson
jangs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2008, 21:22   #299
jangs44

DPMS Panther Carbine (Spring)-yes clear but spray painted
2) Date Obtained
June '06
3) Initial Cost
$100.00 (also came with colt IV)
4) New or Used
New
5) Mechanical Problems
none
6) Esthetic Problems
Magazine constantly needs feeding. Rail moves a couple mm's either way.
Gun itself is doing fine. Probably around 700-800 bb's.
New paint job.
n/a
10)Notes and Comments
actually surprised with how long this cheapy at walmart has lasted. not bad fps. the laser's touch pad almost never worked from the get go. red dot will not sight properlly. flashlight and shoulder strap are still good.
jangs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2008, 23:33   #300
johjoh

Send a message via MSN to johjoh
Smith and wesson (shotty pistol grip) spring.
2) Date Obtained
spring 2007
3) Initial Cost
30$ at walmart lol
4) New or Used
new
5) Mechanical Problems
none
6) Esthetic Problems
none
No failures (around 15,000 rounds!)
N/A
N/A
10)Notes and Comments
pretty good range and accuracy good if you pump around 5 bbs in the barel shoot at all once when clearing a room or corner in CQB
johjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion