Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tippmann M4 Carbine Airsoft?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old March 1st, 2014, 23:59   #136
-=ArchAngel=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&D Engineer View Post
I agree, we have some of the MOE style at the shop and they are more comfortable. The logic was since we had to modify it we should use the stock grip over choosing another style and not appealing to the majority of players. It is on the top of the list for accessories.
Can you divulge what else is on the top of that list?
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2014, 00:21   #137
The Grand Baboon

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&D Engineer View Post
I agree, we have some of the MOE style at the shop and they are more comfortable. The logic was since we had to modify it we should use the stock grip over choosing another style and not appealing to the majority of players. It is on the top of the list for accessories.
How would compatibility work with AR grips that change the angle of the grip itself. Grips like the BCM Gunfighter or Magpul MOE-K have a steeper angle, more akin to the grip angle on a 1911.
The Grand Baboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2014, 10:45   #138
Strelok

Some of us can't stand magpul accessories, so keeping it stock and original is a good thing! Thankyou!
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2014, 13:36   #139
Wilkie

I wouldn't be counting your chickens before there hatched, people. Tippmann guns usually have quality control problems at launch. Not to mention they've gotten into the habit of re-re-re-releasing the same products with one or two extra bells and whistles every couple years. They recently steped into the Speedball market with a gun that was fairly 'meh'. Considering this is a whole new field their stepping into, I wouldn't expect magic.
Wilkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2014, 14:17   #140
mr_nuts31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkie View Post
I wouldn't be counting your chickens before there hatched, people. Tippmann guns usually have quality control problems at launch. Not to mention they've gotten into the habit of re-re-re-releasing the same products with one or two extra bells and whistles every couple years. They recently steped into the Speedball market with a gun that was fairly 'meh'. Considering this is a whole new field their stepping into, I wouldn't expect magic.

True, I do remember getting the TPX when it first came out and they had that problem with certain brands of co2 capsules not working. At the same time, Tippmann came out with a new co2 cap free of charge with shipping to existing owners. If there is a problem, they will fix it ASAP.
mr_nuts31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2014, 14:53   #141
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Must be real if SSD says it is

http://soldiersystems.net/2014/03/04...er-new-future/
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2014, 15:42   #142
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

As a non GBBR user I'm interested in this product, but I'm very disappointed they went with AEG barrel and hop-up.
Old March 5th, 2014, 15:43   #143
HackD

Interesting times lay ahead for airsoft, it seems, indeed.
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2014, 16:08   #144
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

From a training standpoint the gas in mag option is preferred as you don't need to modify handling to accommodate the tether..

the dual feeding option though does provide some functions that expands the utility of the system .. I'm looking forward to these systems..

if they are solid and reliable .. I can see some getting into the stable
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2014, 20:50   #145
Caelan

Is it limited to only go as high as 400 fps or could it possibly be adjusted to shoot higher then 400 fps? And yes I do know most field limits are 400.
Caelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2014, 22:51   #146
Wilkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelan View Post
Is it limited to only go as high as 400 fps or could it possibly be adjusted to shoot higher then 400 fps? And yes I do know most field limits are 400.
I imagine it will. A paintball marker can go far past the maximum 300 fps
Wilkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2014, 22:26   #147
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkie View Post
I imagine it will. A paintball marker can go far past the maximum 300 fps
AEG can go much higher with primitive springs until you break all the gears.

Paintball guns are fully pneumatic which use a reg to control air for various velocities. It is governed by the regulator which can be adjusted on the fly.

Polar Star are the pioneer of the pneumatic conversions for the airsoft AEG. HPA based airsoft guns will be the future, once they figure a better way of hiding the tank or get it smaller so it can be completely hidden.

Last edited by SuperHog; March 14th, 2014 at 23:44..
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2014, 13:18   #148
mr_nuts31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelan View Post

My guess is that it can go higher, but it might be tournament locked like a lot of paintball markers. Its not hard to remove the tournament lock, but its there mainly to avoid the assholes who like to crank up the fps on the field.
mr_nuts31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2014, 13:33   #149
Conker

I do prefer the standard A2 grip.

So far I like where it's going, it does show some promise, except for the line coming out of the grip. It changes handling, gets in the dirt when you crouch, etc. This is enough to be a dealbreaker for me.
It would be a LOT better if it could come out from the rear of the receiver (and thus could be run along a sling, both for usability and look).
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2014, 14:29   #150
Adrenalineguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
AEG can go much higher with primitive springs until you break all the gears.

Paintball guns are fully pneumatic which use a reg to control air for various velocities. It is governed by the regulator which can be adjusted on the fly.

Polar Star are the pioneer of the pneumatic conversions for the airsoft AEG. HPA based airsoft guns will be the future, once they figure a better way of hiding the tank or get it smaller so it can be completely hidden.
- Most paintball guns are not fully pneumatic.
and a huge portion adjust the FPAS by increasing spring pressure. the very highest end guns adjust by reg pressure or dwell adjustment of some sort..

Tippmann may not want to say how high the gun can be adjusted, it might cause problems for export, or insurance.. we will know soon..
Adrenalineguy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion