Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Ares ms338 & ares ms700!

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old May 10th, 2013, 18:48   #121
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

580fps lol. Gonna need to tone that down a wee bit
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 12:12   #122
xProto

Hey Super, yeah. I understand about the VSR-10 and Bar-10. I just want a bolt action with that nice look to it and great internals. Than gun looks good, except the butt stock. I actually have a DMR almost. I have a JG SR-25 and in a few weeks I will be ordering all the parts including a spring, spring guide, air nozzle, piston/piston head, shims, an R-Hop (Z-kit), and a prometheus barrel. Got a new hop-up and put a tight bore 6.01 in it, but I need a longer 6.03. After all that, and a smaller mag, and a scope for looks, I should have a really nice semi-automatic sniper. I watched that video. I know the AAC-21 looks pretty nice right. and it seems to shoot nice, but same, I dont know about the gas. Tim used .20s, so its hard to tell weither the grouping is good or not. Maybe in a few years, a nice company with nice internals will actually make a nice looking sniper, unlike ARES. I have emailed them, facebooked them, all they reply is "We using TX-system not VSR system in our sniper rifle. We also have steel upgrade parts for our sniper rifle. If you interest in this please email: cs@aresairsoft.com". I asked about the Trigger system and this is what they told me. They keep ignoring my question. I don't want to know about the bolt system! I know it's a TX-system already. They don't have any trigger replacement parts. I have been looking on every site and all over google. Nothing comes up.
xProto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 14:49   #123
Dart

well back onto the bench with mine. After about 2 mags with my new piston the cylinder has mushroomed at the end and now the threads are fucked from the nozzle popping out. Lets hope this TX system is a good upgrade.

So far what has worked IS
A king arms piston
upgraded VSR spring
I am going to try a VSR cylinder next to see if that works
My sears seem to be in alright condition as of now...

Ares made a great body kit.... everyone is bitching about the internals, but hey its the same everywhere for airsoft. Buy a WE gun and see how long it lasts before you have to replace every damn part with RAtech stuff.

Join us at Airsoftkelowna.ca
Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 15:35   #124
Arktic

Man thats sad to hear. A JG BAR 10 cylinder will fit perfectly, thats what im currently using.

Dont hate so much on WE. I've run about 4k rounds through my M16A3 and its still going strong! :P
Arktic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 22:22   #125
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by xProto View Post
I asked about the Trigger system and this is what they told me. They keep ignoring my question. I don't want to know about the bolt system!
Arktic already posted pics of the trigger group, not even close to a VSR10. It is proprietary for sure. The Ares upgrade trigger group will be another useless pot metal thing.

As for the cylinder, Arktic did some fitting to make it work.

The other weird MS338 screw up Ares did was the bb feeding was not from the magazine but was a tube in the gun that the magazine dumped the bbs into.
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 15:24   #126
Arktic

From the manual I got from ARES it says that the stock bore size is 6.03 x 460mm.
Old May 20th, 2013, 16:13   #127
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktic View Post
From the manual I got from ARES it says that the stock bore size is 6.03 x 460mm.
Can you measure it to confirm it is really 6.03mm? My friend picked up a MS338 but after 7 magazines, it slam fired already. He needs to fix it and while he has it a part, he is going to change out the barrel, cylinder and see if he can upgrade the hop up.

PS. The bolt handle snapped. He sent an email to Ares HK to see if it can be covered under warranty.
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 16:18   #128
Arktic

I dont have a digital Vernier unfortunately, only the old style, but from what I measured it looks close to 6.03.

I also emailed ARES when mine started failing and they replied within a day with the cost of the parts and the price of shipping. Which I wasn't expecting to see so soon.
Old May 21st, 2013, 07:21   #129
wilekcmc

Well with the upgrade parts I used http://www.airsoftcanada.com/attachm...1&d=1361702045 and I have had a custom sear made 0.5mm longer all my problems have stopped for now.
wilekcmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 02:27   #130
Irfanzain

Hey guys I'm kinda new here , and I recently got the Ares MS338 as well. Shortly after reading this very detailed review, I decided to get the TX system upgrade complete cylinder that was available on Ehobbyasia. So it arrived today , but unfortunately I'm out if town on work so I won't be able to make any tests.
I've taken a couple of photos of the parts in the cylinder. They're all apparently stainless steel and I hope that they can take the abuse. Since this is my first bolt action rifle.. I'm not too familiar with the bits. So here goes.

Notice how it says VSR on the piston

One thing I noticed is that the o-ring on the piston was a bit oversized and wobbly. Is that supposed to be the case?

I'm not sure what spring it comes with but on the ares site it shows that there's either the s170 or s185
Can't really tell coz they look very similar.

I'll try to have a test done at the end of the month when I get back from work.
Irfanzain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 08:06   #131
wilekcmc

Yep got the same parts in mine!
wilekcmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 02:33   #132
Irfanzain

Not sure if u guys noticed this, but Ares has released their CO2 conversion bolt kit for the tx-system. Saw it on redwolf
http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol..._TX_System.htm
Old May 30th, 2013, 17:11   #133
Dreamsys

tried anybody to use the trigger from the VFC ASW338 LM to fit it into the
the system of the ms?
at the first look (from pics) it seems to be compatible...
what is the spring-loaded pin for (above the trigger?)
link is from a german hp http://www.kotte-zeller.de/VFC-ASW33...4158&ci=010504

http://store.airsoftarea.ch/vfc-asw-...ps?language=en

at the second page there is a pic from the dissambled trigger

i want to buy the MS338 so much but i refuse without any resemble for the trigger unit

Last edited by Dreamsys; May 30th, 2013 at 17:20..
Dreamsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 23:41   #134
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irfanzain View Post
Not sure if u guys noticed this, but Ares has released their CO2 conversion bolt kit for the tx-system. Saw it on redwolf
http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol..._TX_System.htm
its not a co2 kit its the upgraded cylinder as the poster above mentioned.
Old May 31st, 2013, 01:53   #135
Irfanzain

Quote:
Originally Posted by kullwarrior View Post
its not a co2 kit its the upgraded cylinder as the poster above mentioned.
I think u need to go click on the link. I know what the upgraded cyclinder is coz I've bought it. The product code for the upgraded cyclinder kit is TX-SP-001 and the product code for the CO2 kit is TX-CO2-001. There's 2 completely different listings on redwolf.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion