Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Goggles fogging up !

:

Gear Discussion

Old April 3rd, 2021, 22:40   #1
Post malone

Goggles fogging up !

Hey guys, I'm having very bad issues fogging up. I'm not in the best shape and get quite hot and sweaty very fast and was wondering if there is a almighty remedy to help me from fogging! I don't have a pile of money to buy extremely expensive equiptment. Im currently running atf goggles with the space around the whole entire lense for ventilation and I have drilled holes around the edges for more air. Some ppl say use bar soap or baby shampoo and none of it has helped me. I know there is those big bulky goggles with the little fan in them but I'm not a huge fan of those ( pun intended �� ) but if thats my last resort I will save for a pair
Post malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2021, 23:14   #2
hinoobies

You can try an anti fog system like ExFog. With anti fog coatings or solutions you’ll eventually build condensation which will distort your view even if it doesn’t fog. Your best bet is to Increase ventilation like the drilling you’ve done or for some goggles removing the foam over the original vents. Just be a careful where you do the drilling as it may compromise the original safety ratings for the goggles and introduces a new point of entry
hinoobies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2021, 02:33   #3
redzaku

i found that chap sticks works for me, smear on a decent amount, you may need to experiment on the amount and polish it until it becomes clear
За Родину!
BRRRRRT!
redzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2021, 13:19   #4
Infantryman

Send a message via AIM to Infantryman
I tried these fans from Ebay. They're called fanz, easy to mount on goggles, I even hot glued em to my shooting glasses. No fog in the summer, and i sweat a lot too. Cost me about $50.
Old April 11th, 2021, 13:05   #5
Post malone

Thankyou guys very much I appreciate this!!
Post malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2021, 10:46   #6
Zfurlong

I'll echo what chiefy said about the fans. You just need to play with it until you find a mounting style that works for you. Friend of mine out west attached his under the lip of his bump helmet and that works for him, I have mine affixed to the top middle of my locust style goggles and that's what works for me.
Old August 18th, 2021, 03:43   #7
PDribbles

Can also suggest exfog. I was at a game recently and had fogging issues but a couple new friends I met there both had exfog going on and had no issues all day. They were sweaty..like drenched hair sweaty but no fogging issues. I bought one a few days later. Just waiting for it to arrive.
PDribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2021, 14:59   #8
Cr0nik

Tooth paste works great in my experience. Smear it on and polish it until its completely clear.

Edit: or don't, apparently its bad. You learn something new every day.

Last edited by Cr0nik; August 18th, 2021 at 21:39.. Reason: lmao
Cr0nik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2021, 16:23   #9
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr0nik View Post
Tooth paste works great in my experience. Smear it on and polish it until its completely clear.
Do NOT use toothpaste. The polishing agent/abrasive will destroy the finish on the lens and render it useless.

Use something more inert like watered down dish soap and avoid alcohol based cleaners if it's anything with a tinted/uv coating.

Fans are king IMO and the prices aren't that bad for pre-installed ones. The DIY fans sold on ebay are only worth it if your current base goggle has enough room/ergonomics to attach the wires and batteries. Cutting the vents in the rubber frame is a PITA and easily ruined.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2021, 03:18   #10
Bob C

Fanz are very easy to mount on googles, I got mine with a cheap price around $50
Bob C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2021, 20:36   #11
BobbyDangerous

Catcrap.

So chose a decent glasses or goggles

BA Level 3 Certified
BobbyDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion