Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Canada Post strike

:

Newbie Tank

Old November 20th, 2018, 01:43   #1
Strongbow
Canada Post strike

Well just my luck, right when I decide to buy some gear, Canada Post is back with their shenanigans, except this time they've closed off accepting mail from anywhere that isn't Canada for the foreseeable future, with major month long delays for the parcels that were already shipped. Their future looks grim.

As for my order from SKD tactical, what will happen of it? They use USPS as their courier, but seeing as USPS hands the parcel over to CP once it reaches Canada, and them not accepting it, I feel as if the order will have the same fate as CP itself. The tracking has been frozen on "in transit" after being processed in Chicago since the 14th according to the USPS tracking website. What actions can I take to ensure that either the order comes in (however long it may take), or somehow get it returned to SKD for a refund? I just don't want a good $300 going down the drain due to CP's utter incompetency.
Old November 20th, 2018, 10:05   #2
kochetkov

Who told you they are not accepting it?ive ordered something from evike was longer but received it
kwa masada
kwa lm4
2xkwa kriss vector
tm ksg
kochetkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2018, 10:09   #3
PurelyEvil

Currect me if im wrong as far as i know CP stopped all new transaction/shipments due to overfull warehouses, because of the strike so they are trying to sort it out meanwhile all tue packages in transit should still be processed but will take ages
PurelyEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2018, 14:41   #4
Strongbow
Yep you're totally right, its absolutely stupid that they're pretty much holding our parcels hostage over the Christmas season even after 11 months of failed negotiations. And the fact that they're still accepting new mail even domestically for a service that they can't provide anymore isn't making anything better
Old November 20th, 2018, 19:16   #5

I was also told that CP is not processing packages from overseas right now. I have 3 things being held by them as of now and will probably have 2 more, latest two just got shipped from US. I did get 2 packages two weeks ago no problem though, one was delivered even a day earlier than CP web site indicated but both were shipped from within Canada. My package from Europe is MIA for last 2 weeks. It was supposed land there long time ago. Second package sent from Windsor to Toronto via expedited 10 days ago is being held hostage, probably in Toronto, according to tracking information. Tracking is being updated every 24 hours at 00:01 with standard message about service disruptions due to labor dispute. I'm not happy about those two but I'm pissed about third thing they are holding. It has paperwork from RCMP for my friend's present and his birthday is in 5 days.

Last edited by 666; November 20th, 2018 at 19:23..
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2018, 19:54   #6
RainyEyes

You guys didn't need to make a new thread about this. There's already an existing thread about it:
https://www.airsoftcanada.com/showth...=77901&page=84
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2018, 20:03   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
You guys didn't need to make a new thread about this. There's already an existing thread about it:
https://www.airsoftcanada.com/showth...=77901&page=84
Oh, that's the one I posted in after my signature required package with scoped semi auto rifle was handed over to someone who was in the lobby and said he was building super at my old place Old thread, since my last post I already had two signature required packages which contained firearms left on my front porch.

Last edited by 666; November 20th, 2018 at 20:07..
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank