Prices for guns in the classifieds

:

Newbie Tank

Old November 11th, 2009, 12:38   #1
surebet
Vicious MSPaint Wizard

Prices for guns in the classifieds

End of Feburary update!
Mid semester exams are kicking my ass, but there has been interest in prices from a couple of people. I don't have the time to do a serious drilldown of the data, but you can grab the raw snapshot of the last 7 days here.

These prices usually include accessories, upgrades or other package deals.

Current AEG ads: 1058
Current Gas & Spring ads: 864
Current retailers threads: 57

I swear, if anyone without an Age Verified tag PM's again me about buying one of these, my reply will consist of only goatse and shemales.

Goatse? Pricelists? Shemales? Where the hell am I?
Welcome to this humble thread, I'm guessing this is your first visit. Since I was on the verge of baby seal clubbing after reading threads after threads of new members asking for prices, I thought I'd share research I did to search more effectively the classifieds. This was really useful to me for making offers on items, and expanded a bit it contains lots of nifty stuff.

Can I help?
Yes! Never, ever delete the prices in your ads. I know, I know, you're proud you finally sold your crap. In the spur of the moment, you might want to show the world your incredible business success, and rejoice by replacing your price by "SPF" or "Sold".

I don't get these people. Seriously, what the fuck? Not only is it an actual ASC infraction to delete them, since you're already editing your post, leave your victory comment off the price. If you want to banana your thread, just type it anywhere in the post.

Also, if you sold really exotic or rare guns in the last year, please PM me the following info if you want to add it in. Your contribution will be anonymous unless you want to be added to the thank you list.

Make, model, price and state.

Retailers can also help by sending a spread sheet of the same info.

Finally, pass it around. I've seen a few arguments where hiss-fits were thrown because the kidiot didn't see the glaring sticky thread named "Prices for the guns in the classifieds". I mean, that's just sad.

Stop tempting me damn it! How can I get my hands on these?
You will need to get Age Verified. All you need to do is contact your local rep and go meet him. Bring coffee as a bribe. After verifying you're not a 16 transvestite prostitute, you will gain super powers, or at least be added to the user group that can access the deliciously mysterious 18+ sections of the board, including the classified ads and the retailer shops.

Go here for some help:
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=49408

Disclaimers and stuff
No, I don't own any of these guns. They are for sale, but not by me. I will not disclose how to contact the people selling them. I will however disclose whatever request you make to the admins.

You should make your own research before making any transactions. Although I don't think anyone seeded tainted values in the market, it would be possible to abuse this list since it relies on publicly modifiable information.

This should only be interpreted as a means to motivate people to wait until they are 18 to buy a gun, to get age verified and to abstain from buying guns from international or shady sources.

Stop American Censorship

Last edited by surebet; February 25th, 2012 at 12:29..
surebet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2009, 18:15   #2
StrikeFreedom

i can see why people ask, either they are really interested or perhaps just curious. then you have a bunch of people telling him/her to get AVed without actually answering the question. i think they know why they cant see the buy/sell section.

i dont know about other non-AVed users but i have contacted numerous nearby AVers for awhile, yet i get no response. i understand AVers are busy and this is done voluntarily. so maybe i should attend an event. but even if ive meet the AVer, it can take months or longer to actually get AVed. i want to get AVed, but theres only so much i can do.

surebet i appreciate you posting this thread, as i got a better idea of what the pricing is like in the used market. the AV process no doubt has a great intention. however, the way its ran seems to be holding a lot of people back, if not discouraging them from the sport.

Last edited by StrikeFreedom; November 11th, 2009 at 18:28..
StrikeFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2009, 18:39   #3
L473ncy

^^^

You have to realize though that only "trusted" members can become AV reps. Usually this means that they're held in high regard by other senior members across Canada. I know that places like Vancouver is really hurting for AV reps, I think there's only 2 or 3 who are active and one of them is not even in Vancouver.

Your best bet is to go out to a game and do it. Head out to TTAC3 if you're in Toronto, contact Brian McIlmoyle (the owner) and secure a rental too so you can just go there, show your ID, get your info taken down and play the rest of the night with a rental.

PS: Has anyone noticed the Newbie tank is pretty much becoming the FAQ section with all the stickies at the top of the section? I mean it was meant to be a place where newbies could ask questions but it now seems like it's an annex to the FAQ's....

EDIT: I have nothing against helping out newbies who ask legitimate questions (and actually use proper grammar and punctuation) but it just seems like noobs are flooding this section with "w0t gun am b3st? I want hi FPS liek 450+" and you have to wade through these useless posts to answer questions that actually merit a good answer.

Last edited by L473ncy; November 11th, 2009 at 18:41..
L473ncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2009, 18:43   #4
Strelok

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedom View Post
. however, the way its ran seems to be holding a lot of people back, if not discouraging them from the sport.
Personally, I think its fine.

Mainly because its doing what we intend it to do, Keep airsoft out of the hands of some spoiled child that'll take the thing to a park or to school, then problems seriously arise.

If the person really wants to get involved in the sport, there are guns out there that do not require age verification to aquire. If they want a taste of airsoft, buy one of those, play a game. And if they want to get something a bit more convincing in looks. They get age verified, its very simple.

We get very touchy when some fresh user comes in, spilling a mess of bad grammar and spelling mistakes asking for how much a gun is and where they can get it. 90% of the time its just some 14 year old trying to find something to get their parents to buy for them, simply because it looks cool. They tend to throw a bitchfest whenever they get the answer they werent looking for.

ASC used to put up with this kind of stuff on a near daily basis and to be quite honest with you, its really fustrating.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2009, 19:02   #5
notec

Thanks for taking the time to post this......im somewhat of a "newbie" myself.........although this newbie is almost 40 with a modest income ;-)
Im still trying to get in touch with an AVer in my area, but it looks like im SOL so far. So I browse the various Airsoft retailers to buy my goodies. Im looking forward to being allowed to view the classifieds here so I can share some of the wealth....lol

And seeing as here in NB there is a need, I will volunteer my services to become an AV once I myself get AVed.......lol
notec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2009, 19:15   #6
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
i dont know about other non-AVed users but i have contacted numerous nearby AVers for awhile, yet i get no response. i understand AVers are busy and this is done voluntarily. so maybe i should attend an event. but even if ive meet the AVer, it can take months or longer to actually get AVed. i want to get AVed, but theres only so much i can do.
Bull. I know there's a long list of people you can go visit and not have to wait for them to get back to you.

Since Surebet did the leg work here, I'll offer more.

You are in Toronto. One of the highest concentration of AV'ers live in the GTA.

Army Issue
Brian McIlmoyle
Jugglez
Karnage
ILLusion

Endymion
Goldman
Hades
Krusty
MadMorbius
manchovie
Phalanix
Predator
Redneck
Retribution
Shooting Chef
Shrike

And that's just a list of people in the GTA. There are more but it is clear you didn't really try.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2009, 01:31   #7
StrikeFreedom

^
well i attended ttac3 to get AVed, and my status got updated instantly. so i highly recommend those who are interested in this sport and is 18+ of course, head over to a game and get AVed. dont make the mistake that i made of waiting for people's reply. glhf
StrikeFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2009, 03:18   #8
Gaius_Baltar

Quote:
I'm also waiting on the response of an AVer.
There's only 2 AVers in my region on the list of AVers who don't only AV at games. One lives too far for me to get to when he's free, and the other hasn't replied in over a month.
I would go to a game to be AVed, but they are rather infrequent, and too far to get AVed and leave.
Gaius_Baltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2009, 09:06   #9
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaius_Baltar View Post
I would go to a game to be AVed, but they are rather infrequent, and too far to get AVed and leave.
then don't go to get AV'd and leave. spend some time there and get to know people. as much of an asshole people are on the internet, they are quite open and friendly in person. once you're av'd at the game, you can talk to people about gear and guns. I always recommend going to games because there will always be someone there who will let you molest and handle their guns. if you're nice, they will even let you try it out on the field and fire a mag or two.

taking the time and effort to get av'd shows a bit of credibility on your part. if people know you're lazy and can't be bothered, well you can guess where this will go.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2009, 10:12   #10
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachster View Post
I always recommend going to games because there will always be someone there who will let you molest and handle their guns. if you're nice, they will even let you try it out on the field and fire a mag or two.
This is true. As long as someone isn't an idiot, or acting like an idiot, I'll let them handle and/or fire my guns.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2009, 10:22   #11
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Or rent a gun and join the game.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 17:08   #12
ts10z

Its even more annoying when you go to all the trouble of meeting with an AVer and it still takes weeks for your account to be updated. I am not really new to the sport, just didnt manage to get verified till recently, yet no change. Not very encouraging. And before any of you get on my case about why it took so long to meet with an AVer, first there arent many in Edmonton, and of those only one responded, and he and I couldn't get our schedules aligned. That and I had cancer this year. So when a store finally got approved to AV and I met him I thought I was all set. WRONG
ts10z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 17:14   #13
surebet
Vicious MSPaint Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts10z View Post
Its even more annoying when you go to all the trouble of meeting with an AVer and it still takes weeks for your account to be updated. I am not really new to the sport, just didnt manage to get verified till recently, yet no change. Not very encouraging. And before any of you get on my case about why it took so long to meet with an AVer, first there arent many in Edmonton, and of those only one responded, and he and I couldn't get our schedules aligned. That and I had cancer this year. So when a store finally got approved to AV and I met him I thought I was all set. WRONG
Usual delay for verification is around 1 or 2 weeks, they are done in batches to make the process easier on the administrators.

Shouldn't be too long until it passes...

Stop American Censorship
surebet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 17:47   #14
ts10z

I hope not, cuz I cant even buy parts for some of the guns I already have(including full metal all black guns) from some retailers till my age verification starts working

Last edited by ts10z; April 21st, 2010 at 17:56..
ts10z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 18:26   #15
kalnaren

Stop crying about it. It used to take a month or more. When I did my AV it was over 2 hours away to meet.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank