Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 10th, 2008, 16:16   #31
Arnisador
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Arnisador
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoGames View Post

I was *assuming* it would be semi only.

You'd best be making this quite clear then, my friend. It has the potential of becoming a bone of contention otherwise.

Here's the real deal though. You are hitting on one of the things that makes event planning a big pain in the ass.

You...can't...please...everyone.

Make the rules for your event, and stick by them. By the time you finish compromising, you'll be three months past the event date, and everyone will have found something else.

Those who want to participate under your ruleset will. Those who don't want to, won't.

But you aren't going to come up with a rule-set that everyone can happily agree to. You will get criticized. You may lose potential customers. And its all out of your control, once you set the rules for the event.

The flipside is, if you don't set the rules of the event, you won't get the event anyways.
It doesn't seem much, to stir a man's soul. Just a moth eaten rag on a worm eaten pole. But 'tis the deeds that were done 'neath this moth eaten rag, when the pole was a staff, and the rag was a flag.

CUM CATAPULTAE PROSCRIPTAE ERUNT TUM SOLI PROSCRIPT CATAPULTAS HABEBUNT
Arnisador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 16:22   #32
Gene Pool Medic
Banned

if they are solely made of rubber, then i would agree they are fine, but metal or plastic ones , or say ones over 14" would be a no go....

i dont think liquid covered is cool either...
Gene Pool Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 16:42   #33
Cushak

Send a message via MSN to Cushak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Pool Medic View Post
so paintball is for real men and airsoft is for pussies is what your saying then right....???
No, that's not it at all. What I'm saying is: What is the point of airsoft? To mimic realistic military combat. Pain isn't necessary. I may be fine with having painful shots, but it's not a necessary part of the game, so to accommodate others who prefere not to have it, why do we need high FPS ratings in close quarters?

Am I ok with high fps? Yeah. Is it necessary when you don't have to worry about range or punching through bushes? No.

Your first post, which I replied to, seemed to imply that airsoft has to be a sport where shots hurt. I was merely saying there are a lot of other reasons to play it, and still have fun.

It's not just about not wanting to get hit, it's that some people don't want to have BB's in bedded in there neck because someone was blind firing, or just couldn't control where they shot.
Cushak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 16:48   #34
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cushak View Post
No, that's not it at all. What I'm saying is: What is the point of airsoft? To mimic realistic military combat. Pain isn't necessary. I may be fine with having painful shots, but it's not a necessary part of the game, so to accommodate others who prefere not to have it, why do we need high FPS ratings in close quarters?

Am I ok with high fps? Yeah. Is it necessary when you don't have to worry about range or punching through bushes? No.

Your first post, which I replied to, seemed to imply that airsoft has to be a sport where shots hurt. I was merely saying there are a lot of other reasons to play it, and still have fun.

It's not just about not wanting to get hit, it's that some people don't want to have BB's in bedded in there neck because someone was blind firing, or just couldn't control where they shot.
Y'know what'll cause more problems than people getting shot with 350 FPS guns?

People getting shot with 300 FPS guns and not feeling the hits through gear.

Sometimes It's hard enough to feel 'em at 350...

The point is there's a whole community that wishes to participate that would have to re-modify their guns. 350 seems to be an almost standard across Canada, (Manitoba {XT}, Ontario {TTAC}, Quebec {??}) and it seems to work just fine.

If Manitoba's local CQB Club (They allows walk ins off the street, and you only have to be 16+ to play) can run for 5+ years without any injuries other than sprained ankles... I think seasoned airsoft players will be able to play at 350 without any problems.

No one that's going to making the trip to Camogames is going to be so green that they'll be blindfiring around corner and over shooting people. I'm fairly certain that the people there will be able to play a game of airsoft without being a douchebag.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 16:48   #35
Gene Pool Medic
Banned

what i was trying to imply was you need to be able to hit hard enough for people to feel it, people wear crazy, full gear loadouts now and your lucky to feel the hit at 350..

believe me as I run weekly indoor and outdoor games, i hear the whining and fighting about i hit you , no you didnt....

if you go OUCH...you know your hit...correct?
Old April 10th, 2008, 16:49   #36
Gene Pool Medic
Banned

wow sorry i was typing as you were there dude ...guess we were on the same line of thought there....
Old April 10th, 2008, 16:49   #37
Rukus

Well some people wear more gear than they need and might not feel it. When you think about it 350 isn't all that fast, but most of the rifles I've seen are tuned in and around the 350+ mark lately, especially with the JG's. Not saying they can't just swap out the spring. Might just be simpler to keep it at 350. And yes I'd like full auto(controlled not a bb hose). Just my 2 cents. I like knowing I'm hit if it hurts or not I don't really care I'm there to play and have fun, and if I'm worried about head shots yes I'd wear a full face mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
Its a good thing stupidity doesnt have mass or whole sections of this board would collapse in and destroy themselves in a stupidity singularity.
Toys: SSG24, JG BAR 10, Krytac CRB, Krytac SPR, GG Black Orchid APR 9, Taurus PT99, TM MK23
Rukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 16:55   #38
Maverick0

Ok, plain and simple then. What takes more effort? Tuning a gun down, or not complaining?

Hmm, let's see:

Tuning a gun down has been broken down into not only a time consuming operation, but a financial consideration.

Not complaning costs nothing and hurts no one. Specially in this case.

Safety being the number one concern, 350 full auto is not unsafe as pointed out by several people, even with examples given from businesses that are still in operation after many years of operating at this limit.

Honestly though, I think this thread is about done. A majority have voted for 350 while others have expressed their concerns. Now it's up to Al to decide what to do with this information.

If it were up to me, I would base the decision on business. What limit will draw the most clients without pushing away too many others? Looks like 350 to me. Anyways, I'm out. This has been talked to death now.

Last edited by Maverick0; April 10th, 2008 at 17:04..
Maverick0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 16:56   #39
Amos

I really need to get some pictures / video of XT's layout... Seriously... If 16 year old girls can play there with 350 FPS and full auto guns...

No we're not playing this for pain... But getting shot with a 350 FPS gun isn't pain. It's a little sting... Kinda feels the same as getting snapped with an elastic...

Camo.. If you could please post some pictures of the average engagement places in the hospital I'm sure this could get solved much, much quicker.

YouTube - Airsoft at Xtreme-Tactics

There's a video of the old XT arena shot by some noobs that were playing... If they can handle 350/Full Auto there... Seriously...
G3SD6

Last edited by Amos; April 10th, 2008 at 17:03..
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 17:13   #40
Cushak

Send a message via MSN to Cushak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
No one that's going to making the trip to Camogames is going to be so green that they'll be blindfiring around corner and over shooting people. I'm fairly certain that the people there will be able to play a game of airsoft without being a douchebag.
At the last game we were I noticed blind firing going on. Not a lot but it happens. Later in the game, somebody turned the corner, held a pistol to my chest and shot pointblank. I wasn't even aiming my rifle at the time, I was trying to fix the light. Did it hurt too bad to handle? I don't think so, but it shows a lack of control on the shooters part, and who knows, maybe it'd be somebody's teeth next time.

For the gear thing, the way I see it, is whatever the rules are, and whatever the situation is, you should wear gear accordingly so you can tell if you're hit. Also the shooters would have enough control to aim at soft spots, like arm, leg, butt, whatever.

Al, whatever you set the fps at I'll be coming, it's too fun.
Cushak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 17:56   #41
lykurgus

way back in the day when i played on the boat in mission bc the fps limit was 330,, with the majority of contacts happening at under 30 ft that can sting quite a bit depending on where you get hit, but i doubt another 20 fps on top of that would make a ton of difference,, i remember someone on these forums saying "pain is just weakness leaving the body", and now its one of my favourite quotes.

as for the goggle stuff thats been posted here, i wear a full shield and gloves,, i can handle pain but breaking a tooth would make me loose my sunny disposition... which i dont really have to start with.

http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/,, 100% canadian, online airsoft retail badass.

http://www.gc-minis.com/ ,, 30% off games-workshop miniatures...
lykurgus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 18:58   #42
Spa

Riley, you should give up with us on the girl thing. They dont wanna admit the jolt of a string is to much to handle. ha
Spa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 19:42   #43
scooby
350 fps no fear no fun!
do wear a mouth guard though
Old April 10th, 2008, 19:57   #44
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Hey sorry to threadjack,I know this is not really related, but for example If my gun's selector switch is not allowing semi, only the full-auto and safe, can I not play because the gun isn't working properly at a semi auto only cqb event? what are the general rules concerning this?
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 20:31   #45
Spa

For me, I would say just use a burst for a good shot, but if you cant get a sure shot, scare the shit out of them and hose them - hopefully one will hit them.

If your a good airsofter, you should already know the answer to this. get some confidence!
Spa is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General