Vfc g36 gbbr

:

Reviews

Old October 11th, 2011, 20:44   #1
Ninja_En_Short

Send a message via MSN to Ninja_En_Short
Vfc g36 gbbr

Hello everyone,

Here is the long awaited (sorry about that) review of the long awaited VFC G36 series.

Also excuse me but I don’t know where I put the USB cable of my camera so pictures will be uploaded later.

In this review we will see how much superior it is compared to the WE which will therefore be designated as piece of **********************************… or G39 to avoid censor.

First thing custom builder should know: this gun is not AEG dimensions, this thing is the most accurate replica I’ve ever seen (even got the heat shield in the hand guard) and so are the dimensions.
Examples:
• My RS H&K stock (not ARES, genuine Heckler und Koch) fits perfectly and unlike on the G39 I actually can lock it in folded position.
• Mag catch is compatible with real steel ambidextrous mag catch and feature the same kind of spring as the real steel (spiral around the mag catch axis, a lot better than the straight one on the G39)

The springs in this thing are as hard as on the real steel so watch the eyes please.
Only difference is actually the stock axis which are two pins instead of one on the real model and barrel thread (real one is not 14-).

Now let’s see the body. It has overall the same quality as the G39, that is to say it doesn’t wobble, and the pins hold everything in place. The color is however almost exactly the same as the real one where the G39 had a clearly different tone. Here the fell and color of the body compared to the stock is exactly the same, even better than what ARES did on their G36.
Only thing I am really not happy about is the markings (I remind you sides are given from shooter perspective):
• Right side: warning markings, made in, etc, can’t do much about that.
• Left side: H&K markings, but the letter identifying the version is in brownish gold and not engraved in the body… the guy who decided that should have all limbs cut off, get skin ripped off and burned for that heresy (and yes I have a certain book from a certain Torquemada).

Onto the mechanics now: the gun operates just like the real one even on the bolt catch, normally I don’t need to explain how a G36 works but because I saw a Counter Strike jackass ripping off the forward assist of a M4 to feed it I will do it:

1. You pull the cocking lever on one side (doesn’t lock easily on one side or the other by the way).
2. You pull it all the way and let go, don’t ride that thing (i.e. letting your hand on it as it goes back), that not a bolt action, the spring knows where to go.
3. Choose a firing mode and press trigger
4. THE END

When the gun is empty, and unlike the VFC M4, the bolt and lever will lock back to the rear. Don’t try to press the bolt catch it won’t do anything, you must pull the lever again to release the bolt.
I will take the opportunity to say I am a bit disappointed in one thing about the overall gun: it is the very first gen of the G36 (aka G36A1C), I would have prefer to have a more modern version with flip up sights top rail, ambi mag catch and dual mode bolt release (which Magpul copied on the MASADA/ACR). But that’s just my taste for ubermodern guns.

The hop up is located under the rotating part of the cocking lever but actually accessing it for tuning requires a flat screwdriver.
Most likely works like an AK or MP5 one (you’ll see why the “most likely”).

Let move on to the internals and before everything do you remember the G39 with its “crappy” system adapted from the AR15? Well James if you read this we don’t want realism like you said in your AK video, we want WE to stop using pot metal and bad construction.
Here we have an exact copy of the G36 (and by extension AR-180) firing system if not for the airsoft firing pin in its working.

BUT! The selector assembly is made of plastic mounted so tight putting oil is actually gripping the gun! Misses and gentlemen and VFC : just what the hell are you thinking ?
I cleaned the gun and everything was fine but I will probably attempt to put RS firing system inside which is NOT mounted so tight.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE : if you do not know how to take apart an AR-180 trigger system DO NOT put it apart, it is a lot harder to put back together than an AR-15 one (yet a lot more reliable and allows short bolt carriers)

Having plastic parts isn’t so bas in itself because it will lessen the efforts on selector parts (it’s not pot plastic anyway) and these parts don’t touch the bolt carrier (AR-180 type remember, not AR-15). Everything that does is however made of nice quality aluminium alloy with a wheel on the hammer (real one doesn’t but I prefer that because friction may block the gun cycle); so far I didn’t see any wear on any part.
The bolt looks a lot like the real one too and work almost the same, meaning you have a small piece on the side to take out and on the back a screw also has be removed to free the nozzle. The nozzle is made of plastic but thicker and sturdier than the G39. I made fire test with bolt at 0°C (+/- 2 or 3 degrees) and it holds perfectly, WE ones have a tendency to shatter no matter the temperature (and NPAS).
It doesn’t seem to be an adaptation of the WA like I hoped so WA NPAS won’t work.
And by the way if I could measure the barrel inner diameter (6.03) I couldn’t get a look at the hop up for assembly for a very simple reason: that thing is linked to the barrel so you need to take the barrel out and guess what? VFC really made an exact copy which means the barrel lock cannot be accessed and unscrewed with just a big Allen key or a screwdriver like the WE, you need an H&K tool which does not exist in replica and is 130 USD on hkparts.net.
But then again, the hop up is really effective and lifts .25 easily (didn’t tested with .30) and for a full auto gun (Seriously? On a GBBR?) it already good enough.

Last but not least: the mag! What is it worth? Worth the 46 USD (roughly 8 more bucks than the WE) asked for it? Answer is “yes x infinity”. To make it simple the G39 has a mag in 3 parts with two tiny (about 1.5mm tops) rubber seals between each part that make it incredibly weak on the seal side. A lot of us had leaky mags out of the box.
VFC heard my rants it seems: they made their mags in a single chunck of metal with a big floor plate holding a good sized seal, everything held in place by six screws (yes 6), making it infinitely more reliable than the WE and way better looks.

For the end let’s get down to the shooting range: that thing with a 25°C (when I tested) topped at 415 fps on the first round (with a new canister) and stabilized around 390 so I may well be used during a regular season or with NPAS for hotter weather.
The BBs go straight and far (really good hop up) but I have no idea of the distance so I’ll just shut up

Conclusion:

To Hell with WE, all Hail VFC!

Nothing more to say

+:
Looks
Power
Reliable (and gorgeous) mags
Hop up
Not WE

-:
Internals wayyyyyyy to tight (I will end the first guy to make a joke out of tight internals and the ones after him too)3
No rails
Still the first gen of G36
Only C right now (others are coming)

Gun doc in Montreal on AEG, GBB, GBBR and Bolt rifle (gaz and spring)
Heavy custom builder (including painting)

Last edited by Ninja_En_Short; October 12th, 2011 at 10:02..
Ninja_En_Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2011, 21:16   #2
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts

thanks for the write up ninja!
jordan7831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2011, 21:59   #3
Basic-Wedge

Yeah thanks Ninja, I've been anxious to reading this one.

Basic-Wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2011, 10:03   #4
Ninja_En_Short

Update, Uncompany just put in stock some rails for the G36 by VFC.

Old October 21st, 2011, 10:04   #5
Ninja_En_Short

Also a small thing I noticed yesterday evening, unlike the G39, the rotating part of the cocking lever is made of metal, not plastic so it most certainly is a bit stronger.

Old January 6th, 2013, 00:37   #6
ramdipam

Thanks for the review ! Very helpful. I'm looking for a G36K GBB cause i'm a fan of G36K and a GBB addict .. But i'm not a fan of WE. After upgrades they could be good guns but i don't know, i'm not sure i want to put a lot of money to make a WE reliable.

So i'm wondering, should i consider buying a VFC G36K GBBr ?

- KWC 1911 Governor
- VFC M27 IAR
- G&G M14 EBR Top Tech
- Ares Upgraded G36C SOLD
- VFC HK417 SOLD
- WE Tech P226 SOLD
- WE Tech HK416 Closed Bolt SOLD
- KWA H&K MP7A1 SOLD
- HK3P G18C SOLD
ramdipam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2013, 10:06   #7
Ninja_En_Short

Hi ramdipam,

Actually I had a big issue with mags that are very hard to put back together, to be honest I actually gave up after lany tries. I had a first gen mag, now they're in third or fourth but it because a deal breaker so I sold it and built my G36 IDZ on a ARES AEG version.

I had an SRC prototype (in G36A2K version) in my hands last year however and that thing had by far the best mags of all GBBR I saw (except maybe Prowin). Wait and see.

Old January 9th, 2013, 13:13   #8
N_Force

I'm not a gun doc even a regular player, but since gbbr is getting more popular and the price drop, I gave up electric one(they still always the best for all year round playing). Cause I like gbbr the realistic, the sound and the feel of shooting. From the one that made in China in an affordable price to Taiwan even Japan(the lowest price doesn't mea the worst performance and the most expensive doesn't mean the best performance and no defects), you still better to know your guns on weak and good side. i believe there is no strong side, cause they are toys! Picking your gbbr depends on the price and the way you use. Maintenance and up grade is always a needed especially if you are a frequency player. my collections, SY, dboy, WE, VFC, KJW, Tanaka, Marushin, Maruzen and TM, etc etc. Even if I don't play it at all I still have to lube it once in a while. If I don't, you will see what will go wrong. Since all these years in airsoft, i pick the gbbr that I feel like and buy it, play around at home and disassemble it no matter there is problems or not. But most of the time, they do have problems. And I'm pretty picky, especially on the performance. If i don't feel like it's smooth enough, I'll mod it, then I'll break something else. I really don't care, that's the way you learn and getting more familiar your toy, also to enjoy it. this is just like disease , keep growing. Have fun then.

Last edited by N_Force; January 9th, 2013 at 13:21..
N_Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 16:48   #9
Double Tapper

Send a message via MSN to Double Tapper
How is this gun standing up so far,have you been gaming it or plinking?
Old April 3rd, 2013, 23:48   #10
BennyBoy

My g36kv had a bolt issue, the solution was the thread lock it before it became and issue....
I noticed a crack on the bottom of one of my mags and now it's leaking like crazy. Most likely from a drop...trying to repair it now. Mag was really easy to take apart and there was a little nick on the rubber sealing the mag at bottom.

Update: bead of gasket maker and has been fully gased for 2nd full day

Last edited by BennyBoy; April 5th, 2013 at 21:52..
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2016, 09:23   #11
OneBluntWonder

Does anybody know if the retractable stock options for other companies g36 models will fit the vfc?
OneBluntWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews