Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Sniper training

:

General

Old July 11th, 2011, 13:22   #31
Kit
Ride Sleds!

Send a message via MSN to Kit Send a message via Skype™ to Kit
Hey guy's I'm getting back into the game after being out for a year and some. I'm looking to play the sniper role. Hectic said that Level 1 450fps you don't need cert? What I'm looking to pick up is a A.C.M. VSR-10 shoots 430 to 480 with .20g. Sorry for the nub question. New to the sniper role.

Thanks,
Eric
Kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 13:41   #32
Urrah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
Hey guy's I'm getting back into the game after being out for a year and some. I'm looking to play the sniper role. Hectic said that Level 1 450fps you don't need cert? What I'm looking to pick up is a A.C.M. VSR-10 shoots 430 to 480 with .20g. Sorry for the nub question. New to the sniper role.

Thanks,
Eric
What do you mean by "cert"?
Old July 11th, 2011, 13:43   #33
Strelok

Certification.

Don't waste your time with those ACM clones. The High FPS is just to draw people in, their very poor in quality and build.

Buy the Javelin M28 if you really want a budget rifle, but remember: Price reflects quality. You'll have to invest a good deal of money to make a rifle effective. They will almost never be gamable to a 'snipers' standards out of the box.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 13:47   #34
Kit
Ride Sleds!

Send a message via MSN to Kit Send a message via Skype™ to Kit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
Certification.

Don't waste your time with those ACM clones. The High FPS is just to draw people in, their very poor in quality and build.

Buy the Javelin M28 if you really want a budget rifle, but remember: Price reflects quality. You'll have to invest a good deal of money to make a rifle effective. They will almost never be gamable to a 'snipers' standards out of the box.
I want to get something decent off Toronto Airsoft. So if you can recommend something off there that's good. Also everything they have for springers is out of stock witch is kinda a piss off but I can wait.
Kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 13:52   #35
Strelok

Quote:
I want to get something decent off Toronto Airsoft. So if you can recommend something off there that's good. Also everything they have for springers is out of stock witch is kinda a piss off but I can wait.
Why not get something off of the classifieds?

Anything thats a VSR-10 clone isn't decent. And wont be unless you invest serious money in it.

There are Javelin M28's in the classifieds at the moment for reasonable prices.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 13:57   #36
Sha Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by koonz View Post
i guess youre right lol. i made a 200 ft crawl to get behind an opposing sniper to then find out that he had a support gunner behind him forcing me to crawl another 100 ft. then time ran out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart View Post
Nothing worse than getting into the perfect location just as the game whistle goes.
This is the reason that most of us don't run in a full sniper role at scrim games...you just don't have the time.....or in some cases, the distance to do much more than fall back to flank.
Run DMR or sharp shooter at scrims to work on your angles, reflex shooting, ranges, and movements.....or, and this is why we tell new players to not be BA snipers until they some other kit, run your AEG for the day.
Milsim games are where a sniper is able to fully exploit their skill set to get maximum effect, and the results can be very satisfying.

**The stock of the CA M24 is fiberglass with a 1/8 x 3/4 x 12 inch steel reinforcement bar along each side. Makes for a very strong platform for stability and durability.....if not a heavy one.

**"Level ONE snipers" do NOT require a certification. You are limited to no more than 450 fps chronographed with 0.20 weight BBs (you may use any weight to field but you may NOT exceed 450fps with 0.20s..period). This ONLY applies to BA (bolt action airsoft rifles) and NOT an electric or AEG versions of sniper rifles (such as the Real Sword Dragonov, or TM PSG1). AEGs are limited to 400 fps with 0.20 weight BBs, but this can be superseded by regional community fps limits (such as with the central Canada located JOC airsoft community) and private fields (such as the Team Ghost outdoor field which has a 450 fps AEG limit).
****Remember that the HOST has final say on anything, including fps limits and if they are going to endorse the BA certification program for particular events. Read the game posts for event rules for every event you are going to attend to ensure that you will not be turned away from the event at the chronograph station!!!

The level two certification introduces MED (minimum engagement distances to account for the higher fps limit of 500 fps) and a whole wack of basic skills to assist the "sniper" in for filling there desired role with higher success. Safety is the major aspect covered in the clinic, with little bits of theory pitched in here and there. The practical aspect is focused on wood craft, shooting positions, movements, and bounds.........and if you think bounding is easy......HA!! Why do you think that almost every reasonably good sniper is a skinny rail??? It's hard work if you take it seriously...but yeah, it can be very rewarding....and help you loose a couple pounds in the process..LOL

Quote:
Hmmmm, I thought that having patients was one of the hallmarks of being a good sniper. LOL

SHA DO

Last edited by Sha Do; July 11th, 2011 at 14:37..
Sha Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 15:03   #37
lleets

Sounds good. Let's do it already!

How 'bout you just suck my A$$....
lleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 16:18   #38
DarkAngel
* Age Verifier status suspended *

Send a message via MSN to DarkAngel
Next clinic will be in august. I had to push it back a few weeks due to personal reasons.

Certified Sniper Clinic Instructor and Counter Sniper
Sentinel Arms Customs - Specializing In Unique, One of a kind guns
DarkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 19:50   #39
Snake Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
Next clinic will be in august. I had to push it back a few weeks due to personal reasons.
LOL, hell you know me, i'll most likely show up, these clinics are always the best practice, last one at rockwood was awesome! Count me in.

B.A. Level 3 Cert.
Close to becoming a full on WEtard.
Your honour is your life, let none dispute it.
Sow the seeds of damnation, and I shall reap the souls of the tainted!
Snake Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 22:02   #40
SKI

I will help out with the clinic if I'm available. Summer weekends are pretty busy for me with the 4x4 crowd.
Old July 12th, 2011, 07:27   #41
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha Do View Post
Hmmmm, I thought that having patients was one of the hallmarks of being a good sniper. LOL
Bahahaha! One would think at least! :x
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2011, 09:56   #42
SONNY BLUE

Interested to learn and understand the discipline.

TEAM MAGDALO

"A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions" - C

‎"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight – it’s the size of the fight in the dog" - DE
SONNY BLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2011, 05:35   #43
Soldier Of Misfortune

Damn it, was interested in getting this cert. Next time...
Old September 7th, 2011, 18:07   #44
S_Okita

what about gas snipers, ie. m14 ebr, m82 barrets etc that are semi auto?? do they fall into the same category as ba snipers?? most gas guns i see advertise higher than 400 fps velocities. I understand the point of ba being higher because your only getting like 1 shot per second off if you try to rapid fire.
S_Okita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2011, 19:30   #45
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Okita View Post
what about gas snipers, ie. m14 ebr, m82 barrets etc that are semi auto?? do they fall into the same category as ba snipers?? most gas guns i see advertise higher than 400 fps velocities. I understand the point of ba being higher because your only getting like 1 shot per second off if you try to rapid fire.
Gas/semi only AEG does not equal a bolt action so they cannot be classified as the same as a BA rifle.

It has been long discussed and continuously turned down. There may be new discussions about it but I highly doubt things will change any time soon.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General