Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Which pair of Goggles should I get?

:

Gear Discussion

Old May 4th, 2016, 13:43   #1
Burger

Which pair of Goggles should I get?

I'm looking to get a high quality set of goggles with fans, the ones I've seen are:

Revision Desert Locust's with fans
Smith Optics Outside the wire turbo fans
ESS ProfileTurbo fans

I'm wondering if any of you have used these, and if so, which ones would you choose and why?
Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2016, 13:59   #2
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
With the Desert Locust with fans, I had to remove the foam and get thermal lenses to get 100% no fog, no moisture problems in hot CQB situations.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2016, 14:48   #3
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

I have used the ESS, they are decent. The revision are also good when used with the thermal lense and a good anti fog I can wear my ghillie in high humidity with minimal fogging.
I think I should have left the foam in the bottom to prevent breath from entering the goggles that may help a little. But they are the best I've used so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2016, 15:48   #4
Enthusiast

Lately, I use this:
https://www.amazon.ca/Pyramex-Capsto...mex+cap+shield

You can find a better price, I have paid 30$. Since the google have dual lens, it never fog. The lower part shield is removable. I have remove it and paint OD green and it look good.
Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2016, 16:27   #5
danhay

Is it just me or does that face mask look Hannibal Lector-ish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
Seriously though, the Revision fan googles with the double thermal lens will never fog (even in super humid Ontario). I've used them and concur that you need to take out the foam for optimal airflow. You don't need to worry about BBs getting in once you've removed the foam because it is backed by a staggered 1.5mm slots.

The bonus is that Revision guarantee the goggles for three years. If the fan dies, send them an email and they will send you a replacement fast (I just took advantage of their awesome warranty service).
danhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2016, 16:57   #6
RainyEyes

Is there any benefit to using a fan versus a vented goggle? I've worn the valken-tactical sierra goggles and the vents they made seem to work perfectly.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2016, 17:00   #7
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
They suck the air out on the inside, or atleast that's the concept (to prevent moisture and shit)

but if you wear a helmet on top that blocks it, still does the job, but not as good as if you were not wearing a helmet.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2016, 17:35   #8
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

you should confirm the safety rating on those pyramex goggles/mask. that company makes a huge range of safety products, not all of them are meant for repeated, high velocity impacts. Pyramex does make some military ballistic rated eyewear as well.
Old May 4th, 2016, 18:26   #9
:^)
Pizza is a Vegetable

Oakley® sunglasses and never take them off to be a tactical operator.
:^) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2016, 21:53   #10
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

He can't wear glasses any wear out here. Sealed goggles are mandatory at every location.

Burger, go to DS Tactical in New West and try them on. I believe they carry all of those brands. My buddy swears by his ESS and I really like my Revision products, but added my own fan kit.
Old May 4th, 2016, 22:03   #11
EastCoastShooter
Guerrilla-Killa

I have run 2 pairs of ESS turbofans and one pair or Smith OTW Fans. Both brands were great, but some fogging can still happen with especially with a helmet. Remove the foam and you are GTG. I've seen 3 pairs of teammates Revisions fall apart so I chose to avoid them, YMMV. The Smith fan is super quiet compared to the ESS which are quite noisy. You may want to consider this if you are running a head mounted camera. Also the Smith goggles have a removable battery pack Vs the other two having the battery compartment stitched on the strap.
EastCoastShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2016, 22:46   #12
brock0

Smith OTW Turbofans +1

Ultra quiet, removable battery box that you can easily Velcro to a helmet ftw.
brock0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2016, 03:47   #13
Schock

I hope the OP doesn't mind if I expand the discussion on this thread rather than starting a new one...

I am making the transition from paintball, and am currently using a Dye i4 mask, which is fantastic for what it is. The field of view is the widest I have experienced in a mask, and it rarely fogs up even though I sweat a lot. I have never seen the need for fans, and I am sure the noise would annoy the hell out of me, because I have been playing beside people with fans, and even they annoyed me!

Of course the downside of the i4 is that it makes it hard to use any optics or even iron sights effectively, so I am thinking about goggles and mesh mask. (i know, call me a whimp, but I still want to protect my face!)

So what are some good options to look at in terms of fanless goggles that work well with the mesh masks? Has anyone used the Survivor X800?
I know they are not thermal lenses, but the air gap between the frame and the lens looks like it could provide enough air circulation to control fogging, and they are very comfortable.
Schock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2016, 10:05   #14
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

can you modify the i4 to give you a good cheek weld?

You can also put backup sights on your rifle that sit higher than the normal iron sights, or put a riser on the optic.

You can also choose guns that have stocks that sit lower. Mp5s full stocks don't even come close to touching my mask whereas something like a p90 is very difficult to have a mask that won't push into your eyewear.
Old June 5th, 2016, 15:19   #15
AnthonyG
LUser Title

I was going to suggest a riser as well.

Have you had the chance to try your current mask with an optic yet? For some people it's fine, others hate it. Part of it depends on the profile of your face. Even before I was using an optic with a riser, I found a standard mesh mask to work fine with optics not on a riser.

*Busy signing for his packages*
AnthonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion