Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Negative Tradeback Ratings, Tire Kickers, Flakers, and YOU!

:

General

Old February 2nd, 2012, 15:20   #31
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades View Post
Now my rule is, first one pays get's it. I don't hold anything for anybody unless you want to pay a non-refundable deposit. You flake out, you lose your deposit. Simple as that. Since then, have not had a problem.
Bang!!! right there dude, that should be the new policy!

You see the problem is generated by the seller not the buyer. The seller extends a trust If it is not honoured, the seller is direspected and then retrobution needs to be metered out.
Things should be for sale till they are paid for. Period. If you agree to hold something its on you and your own fault. Not the person you extended the courtesy too. Bad manners is not bad Business.

SPF should be kicked.and like the Ba*n*a/n7a rule MODs can troll for SPF and hand out Infractions.

Last edited by Armyissue; February 2nd, 2012 at 15:22..
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2012, 21:58   #32
Ronald Chang

How about seller flaked?

I had an old case in which seller agreed to sell the item and gave me his payment details. I almost paid but needed a little more details and got no answer. Later I found out the seller scam a few other members. So I left a negative trading rate. The seller then left me a negative one as retaliation.

I spoke to ASC staff and they said they could not erase my negative trading rate. Sounds very unfair and contradictory to what is being discussed here.

What is more interesting is that ASC staff asked me if I could withdraw my negative rating from that seller as he was regretted for what he did. I refused as I believe I did nothing wrong.
Ronald Chang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2012, 06:16   #33
CR0M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Chang View Post
I had an old case in which seller agreed to sell the item and gave me his payment details. I almost paid but needed a little more details and got no answer. Later I found out the seller scam a few other members. So I left a negative trading rate. The seller then left me a negative one as retaliation.

I spoke to ASC staff and they said they could not erase my negative trading rate. Sounds very unfair and contradictory to what is being discussed here.

What is more interesting is that ASC staff asked me if I could withdraw my negative rating from that seller as he was regretted for what he did. I refused as I believe I did nothing wrong.

yeah, but you already agreed to buy the item, you should have asked all your questions before agreeing to purchase no?
Old February 3rd, 2012, 10:01   #34
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts

You didnt read ronald's post. He said the seller didnt answer his questions and he was scamming other members.
jordan7831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2012, 10:31   #35
m102404
Tys

How about this for a rule.

1. Both the buyer and the seller assume the responsibilities to fully inform themselves of the item(s) and condition(s) before they commit to a deal.

1.1 Deal must contain the following information
- full names, contact information
- descriptive detail of item(s)...to the satisfaction of both the buyer and seller
- payment amount, timing, method and any other conditions...to the satisfaction of both the buyer and seller
- shipping conditions (priority class, signage, insurance, etc..) and specific timing
- any other conditions, provisos...to the satisfaction of both the buyer and seller

2. Once the deal is positively confirmed (i.e. both buyer and seller acknowledge the terms of the deal in writing)...both are bound to complete said deal. Both parties must retain written information related to the deal until is it completed (see 3.1)

3. Once the item(s) is received...the buyer must acknowledge that he/she is satisfied with the item(s) within 7 days of receiving the item(s)...or else state any perceived deficiencies within those 7 days. The buyer must signify with, "Items received as described...I am fully satisfied that this deal is done"

3.1. If there is no acknowledgement (either way) from the buyer to the seller within 7 days...then the seller has the right to assume that the deal/transaction is complete and final. They are absolved of any further ties/responsibilities re. the deal.

3.2. If the buyer puts forth issues/grievances with the item(s) within 7 days...the seller must respond with a proposed course of action within 3 days. Correspondance will continue, either party having a maximum of 3 days to respond...until a course of resolution is agreed upon. All correspondance must be kept.

3.2.1. At any time, either party can state that they are putting the grievance/issue to the moderators. They must submit all documentation of the deal and communications. The moderators will then act as an arbitrator and come to a decision within 7 days of the request being submitted. Both parties are then bound to the arbitration decision...and any terms/timing it may contain. The moderator/admin will have final determination re. disciplanary action.

4. Failure to comply with the above will result in the suspension of the AV status of both the buyer and sellers for a mandatory period of 6 months. Additional disciplinary conditions may include some or all of the following
- the removal of all of the parties buy/sell items
- revoking AV status for a longer duration
- temporary/permanent ban from ASC

* the penalties are severe enough to strongly encourage both parties to seek and abide by an amicable deal...to quickly come to an agreed resolution in 3.2 and to avoid binding arbitration described in 3.2.1

...or you could expect people to smarten the f*ck up in the first place...whichever is easier.

Last edited by m102404; February 3rd, 2012 at 10:33..
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2012, 10:56   #36
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Chang View Post

That was with the old forum software, where we actually COULD NOT easily remove the trader feedback. The only person who could do it were the top admins who had the access and knowledge to root around in the back end... and they're not around much these days.

Thus, it was easier to tell the users to change their ratings themselves, which was always possible.

With the new system, if you have a problem like yours, tell us now and we can fix it. Unlike the old system, users CAN NOT change a feedback they'd submitted once they clicked "SEND", but now the forum staff have this power.

Yay. Technology. It's so not fair. Wah waaaah.

Last edited by ILLusion; February 3rd, 2012 at 11:06..
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2012, 11:03   #37
JEEPEE
formerly JPCD002

I always tought that a general "form" should be used when selling stuff on asc (mostly for guns!). Something like this:

Brand/Model: TM G36C
Upgrades (Yes, list them / no): Modify cylinder, prometheus Speed gears, etc...
Accessories included? (yes, list them /no): Yes, The eotech shown on pictures
Price: XXX CAN
Shipping method: Incuded in price/To buyer/Paid half & half etc...
Payments accepted: EMT, CASH, PAYPAL (+4%/no fees/ etc...), Direct Deposit

Might be a good idea to generalize (and optimize) sell thread

Just my 2 cents

SHM - JEEPEE
SpearHeadMerc.

Fier membre de la Légion!
JEEPEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2012, 11:04   #38
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
*snip*
I like this. It would make the staff member's jobs around here a lot easier.

Sometimes, it's like managing a school yard.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2012, 15:21   #39
Ronald Chang

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR0M View Post
yeah, but you already agreed to buy the item, you should have asked all your questions before agreeing to purchase no?
All questions about the item asked. And both parties agreed the transaction.

Just some seller's payment detail was missing (I forgot what exactly it was, but it was just for my information and would not hinder the payment process).
Ronald Chang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2012, 15:52   #40
teriases

So true. Money == deal completed.

Simple formula kids.

I never knew this is becoming an issue illusion has to personally step in. Yikes.
teriases is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2012, 19:24   #41
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Realistically, all relative info should be posted on the sales thread.

Things like:
-age and usage
-number of owners
-upgrades and parts
-painted or not
-scratches and damage
-price or specific trades
-pictures (if possible)
-make and model

If you don't post that info plus anything else relevant, the seller will make his own life difficult. It really limits the amount of questions he'll get as well.

Read trader ratings, and get all questions out in your first PM. Simple.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 20:09   #42
jordan7831

Well said. If a seller cant even bother to put the most basic information how can they expect to sell. Sad thing is that even when I browse the classifieds I still see pathetic sales threads with less text than a fortune cookie.

Hello sellers
Look at your ad
Now back to mine
Now back to yours
Now back to mine
Sadly your ad is not as good as mine
But if you dont half ass you ad and gave a damn your ad could look like mine
Look down where are you?
Your at the post office with your package
Whats in your hand?
Back at me
Its a positive trader rating for feed back from that site you love
Look again
The tickets are now bacon
Anything is possible when you type more than 1 sentence in an ad
Im on a soapbox
Old February 24th, 2012, 20:35   #43
infernau

Alexander Umil (a current ASC member), posted on www.craigslist.ca a magpul ubr stock, after a series of questions and emails about the stock he said and I quote "It's brand new man... Nothing is missing at all... so I bought it, when I received it the screws were the wrong size (don't fit), a few of the screw holes appear to have been forced (trying to make the screws fit I guess) the stock tube has paint chips (clearly been used) and the tab that fits into the AR body (second hole where the wires usually come out of on a rear wired AR have some obvious wear).

I paid $70 for it but I don't want to lose out if I ship it back, since I clearly didn't get what I paid for, I asked for $85.00 to cover my initial cost and the shipping return fee to him.

he's refused, help me out here community.
infernau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 21:30   #44
jordan7831

He left you feedback saying you asked for 95. Did someone make a typo somewhere?

Edit: he wrote 95 on yours. And you wrote 85 on his. Either its a typo or someone is trying to exaggerate the facts. Maybe you two can split shipping cost or something. Like 77 refund.
Old June 5th, 2012, 03:46   #45
conniety
Banned

I did buy an EO Tech of a seller and it wouldnt let me give feedback at all.
conniety is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General