Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

A&k ptw m4a1

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old May 20th, 2013, 20:50   #1
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
A&k ptw m4a1

I did a quick search and didn't see any posts relating to this. A Scarborough retailer I frequent recently got these A&K PTW M4A1s in stock. I have never seen these before, although I haven't been looking at rifles for some time now, just caught my eye when I visited this retailer's site recently. Has anybody ever used one of these before, or are these "fresh" to the market? What are your guys' thoughts on it? I am in no way interested in purchasing as I am already very well equipped, I'm just rather curious to see what the techies and vets think about it.

I didn't post the link as this isn't in the AV'ed section, so check it out for yourself.
Old May 20th, 2013, 21:05   #2
RaisinBran

I heard they were better than the G&D PTW (that's not saying much though)

But at par with the Celcius PTW. For <$500 I thought of picking one up, I am also still waiting for a good review to come out.
JG M4A1
RaisinBran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 06:15   #3
shootersaber

G&d dtw = a&k ptw ?
shootersaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 06:38   #4
ElbadoKing

The one on kingston sry for goin off topic how is that stores prices they have no proper site yet
Old June 5th, 2013, 07:24   #5
Zack The Ripper

No clue.

Necro thread, but still kinda curious if anyone else has had experience with them.
Old June 5th, 2013, 09:46   #6
Nova316

I've seen one, the exterior is wonderful but the electronics are pretty horrid. They have copied the 07 systema boards with modifications. So the electronics can burn out easily on Lipo I'd believe, something you'll need to watch out for. Since there isn't any way to distribute the heat, its the mosfets held together with heat shrink.

Wasn't able to take apart the motor yet or see if the optic boards are real or just a programmed mosfet. But the body looks good. Biggest problem I have seen is that it only likes certain types of mags/ammo.
It has feeding issues and chopping issues with .28 but fine with.25

I'll update when I have more time to actually take it apart and dissect it.
Nova316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 16:58   #7
metagod

I just ordered one myself, I plan on using the body and filling it with FCC internals over time but in the mean time ill use it as it is.

Ill post my experiences with it once it's arrived and I've had a chance to play around with it.
metagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 17:54   #8
Zack The Ripper

Appreciate the info. I have finally seen some videos on YouTube that aren't in Thai/Mandarin/Cantonese/Russian and they all play it up like its the next vest thing to a Systema, which I knew couldn't be true so I figured I would ask the guys with no monetary gain on the matter.
Old June 10th, 2013, 21:02   #9
metagod

Just got it in the mail today.
it doesn't like any of my batteries (8.4v and 9.6v nimh) though so i am unable to test it.

good solid feeling gun though so far.
Old June 10th, 2013, 21:17   #10
Zack The Ripper

Can you be more specific with regards to the battery issue?
Old June 11th, 2013, 09:35   #11
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackTheRipperC View Post
I did a quick search and didn't see any posts relating to this. A Scarborough retailer I frequent recently got these A&K PTW M4A1s in stock. I have never seen these before, although I haven't been looking at rifles for some time now, just caught my eye when I visited this retailer's site recently. Has anybody ever used one of these before, or are these "fresh" to the market? What are your guys' thoughts on it? I am in no way interested in purchasing as I am already very well equipped, I'm just rather curious to see what the techies and vets think about it.

I didn't post the link as this isn't in the AV'ed section, so check it out for yourself.
Tried a stock version vs the tits up version while I was in HK last week, the performance is ok for the price but don't run constant auto burst on LiPO, the motor will heat up fast and rip itself apart. They also don't like underpowered LiPo so invest on a alarm, the outer is on par with CTW internals are definitely systema compatible as they are cloned from the 07/08 electronics. This was supposed to be launched two years ago but due to the massive airsoft crackdown of the A&K factory in China, this project was shelved and all mold and prototype hidden by individual contractors until all party involved was paid by the main factory. The OEM version the motor core is exposed when compared to the Systema or FCC and eventhough they are strong motors they tend to break after a while due to the core overheating and breaking apart from the inside out, this can be remedied with either the CTW, Systema or FCC motors. There is one noticeable flaw on the OEM metal body that most people will not notice until they want to put an after market rail is that their body is slightly cast a bit off to the right, its not noticeable until you want to swapped into a after market rail.

For the price that these were selling in HK it's a good entry gun to the PTW world much like the CTW the performance is good but for the price it's expected that it will fail because these were actual clones and no R&D were put into it unlike the current CTW and FCC but these were not as bad as the G&D or the RAVEN (FCC Clone from the Phillipines) Yes you read that right a clone of FCC. They are much like when CTW first came out, they have issues and hopefully they can get better

Last edited by wildcard; June 11th, 2013 at 11:39..
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2013, 10:04   #12
huang

Quote:
Originally Posted by metagod View Post
Just got it in the mail today.
it doesn't like any of my batteries (8.4v and 9.6v nimh) though so i am unable to test it.

good solid feeling gun though so far.
It requires 11.1V Lipo or 12V nimh
Old June 11th, 2013, 10:30   #13
leth1337

Huang is there any warranty when purchased from your store?
Old June 16th, 2013, 21:20   #14
metagod

Ok a little update.

I was able to test the gun by installing a grey cylinder borrowed from a friends gun and shoot with an 11.1v lipo.
So we know the gun is compatible with other brand cylinder which is good.

For some reason though my gun doesn't sound quite right when it shoots, I cant really explain it. Next time i test fire it i will record it and post up the video.

Ive installed madbull vtac extreme battle rail and it fits perfectly.

ive ordered a inner barrel and hop up as well as a lower power cylinder so i will be trying those out next.

ive heard that the A&K ptw doesnt like lipo batteries though, supposedly they over heat the boards? can someone confirm this before i decide to get a lipo battery or a nimh.

The issue i was having with the battery is that they werent strong enough to compress the piston. i either have to lower the velocity by changing out the cylinder or use a more powerful battery - 11.1v or more.

Last edited by metagod; June 16th, 2013 at 21:54..
Old June 16th, 2013, 23:09   #15
leth1337

the stock cylinder shoots ~525fps so it shouldnt be used anyways. i bought a g&d blue (m110) cylinder and it works fine on a 9.6v nimh but im picking up a 10.8v to test out

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion