Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Importing Airsoft magazine post May 1st gun bans

:

General

Old May 23rd, 2020, 14:43   #1
Sy87

Importing Airsoft magazine post May 1st gun bans

Hi guys?

I am new to the forum. I recently ordered 2 magazine from Japan for my tm mws.

The package arrived in Canada but has been in customs since May 17 with no new updates from Canada post tracking.

I am wondering if anyone is one else has recently ordered Airsoft parts such as magazines from abroad and if they had any issues getting it across border? If yes, how long did it take for it to clear customs? I am unsure whether all Airsoft parts will get confiscated now that liberals enacted the gun bans.

Thank you in advance.
Sy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2020, 17:12   #2
Drake
E-01

CBSA pretty much do their own thing, regardless of the ban. They'll sometimes hold something that is perfectly fine to import and put the onus of proving its legal to import on the importer. Other times things just get waved through.

If they do hold or seize something, it won't just vanish without a trace: you'll get a notification and instructions for appealing etc. if that's a possibility. A few days to a week in customs isn't anything to be alarmed about (CBSA doesn't have any turnaround time to respect).

Parts for guns that are expressly prohibited may be an issue to import, as well as those too similar to RS parts. I'm curious to see what will happen with real steel parts for a newly prohibited gun (read AR15) which fits on a legal airsoft gun (AR pistol grip for a GBBR, for example)
Old May 23rd, 2020, 19:24   #3
Sy87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
CBSA pretty much do their own thing, regardless of the ban. They'll sometimes hold something that is perfectly fine to import and put the onus of proving its legal to import on the importer. Other times things just get waved through.

If they do hold or seize something, it won't just vanish without a trace: you'll get a notification and instructions for appealing etc. if that's a possibility. A few days to a week in customs isn't anything to be alarmed about (CBSA doesn't have any turnaround time to respect).

Parts for guns that are expressly prohibited may be an issue to import, as well as those too similar to RS parts. I'm curious to see what will happen with real steel parts for a newly prohibited gun (read AR15) which fits on a legal airsoft gun (AR pistol grip for a GBBR, for example)

Thank you kindly for the clear answer. Ya I don?t think I will be importing receivers or lowers anymore. Hopefully magazines are fine since it doesn?t come with fake co2 rounds
Sy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2021, 00:25   #4
FatDoggie

Did you ever get your mags? If so, how long do it take?
Im debating weather or not to import, and save $150, from red wolf or by buy my TM mp7a1 gbb mags here in Canada..

Last edited by FatDoggie; September 21st, 2021 at 00:27.. Reason: Add another question
FatDoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General